• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: tOfficial Cardinals vs Red Sox

Who you got

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much of a baseball fan TBH but playoff baseball is truly awesome. I have enjoyed all the folks that have contributed to this thread and until next season be safe..

Arch City

Exce11ence in Baseball
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe he told us Shane Victorino kicked a 48 yard field goal in high school and was recruited as a DB. Who the fuck cares??

He is such a fucking self-absorbed twat. So is Joe Buck. Both have Cardinals connections, and of course they have to show objectivity, but they completely ignore their history with St. Louis to the point where they discuss arcane shit like this so people think they're objective. It's nothing against the Red Sox, because Buck and McCarver did the same shit when the Cardinals won the World Series two years ago. It drove me nuts. When I wasn't watching at a bar, I watched the games (in that series and in this one) on mute.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Sox in 6
#1BostonFan, BF4L, Brahmsian, broncosmitty, Cobiemonster, DT LUNA, molsaniceman, moxie, Nasty_Magician, Ronnie, SLY, Steelboy84

All was correct

Arch City

Exce11ence in Baseball
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grats to Cards fans as well.

Can't complain too much, since the Cardinals had a great season (it tied Boston's for the best record in baseball), we were in your position two years ago as World Series champions, and it was still a better showing for the Cardinals against the Sox than it was in 2004 when we were swept and the Red Sox celebrated at Busch Stadium.

Congratulations to Boston! I'll switch back to Sam Adams in your honor! :suds:

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't complain too much, since the Cardinals had a great season (it tied Boston's for the best record in baseball), we were in your position two years ago as World Series champions, and it was still a better showing for the Cardinals against the Sox than it was in 2004 when we were swept and the Red Sox celebrated at Busch Stadium.

Congratulations to Boston! I'll switch back to Sam Adams in your honor! :suds:

A highly entertaining series. Either team could have (and maybe should have) won....

I believe the Sox got very lucky. They had 100 "if's" at the beginning of the year, and every single one was answered in their favor.

Tigertowner68

Church of Baseball member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A highly entertaining series. Either team could have (and maybe should have) won....

I believe the Sox got very lucky. They had 100 "if's" at the beginning of the year, and every single one was answered in their favor.

True. But that is how it usually works. I am OK with it. Every year is a different year. That is what makes it so much fun. Except when things go awfully wrong like they went under Bobby V.

The Red Sox truly earned this and good for them. After what they endured the last week of 2011 and all of 2012, great job of completely turning it around.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say to the Cards fans that here in Boston, many news reports came out just how classy your city and fans are. The Cards/Sox Rivalry is growing, and at a WS level may be very unique. So interlaced.

There is a reason the Cards fans and Sox fans are considered the loyalist fans in baseball.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and unsticky....next