• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Braves season thread

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minter has been the most pleasant surprise of the season. Him not being a liability really makes the BP stronger. I like most of our BP. We have Luke Jackson and a couple other guys that don't belong on an MLB roster, but overall, it's a strength.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minter has been the most pleasant surprise of the season. Him not being a liability really makes the BP stronger. I like most of our BP. We have Luke Jackson and a couple other guys that don't belong on an MLB roster, but overall, it's a strength.

Minter definitely been a nice surprise. Hope he can keep it. Overall bullpen is really good which we are gonna need a lot of since our starting pitching sucks.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't expect a 2 hit performance from the pitching staff today. I'll take it.

Big Lonnie

Yeah, I’m THAT guy.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to go 4-5, at least, on the road trip.

tenor.gif

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clevinger trade rumors picking up a little steam.
We’d have to give up either Pache and Waters and either Anderson or Davidson along with a mid tier prospect or two to get him.

RubinRock

Has a Well-Known Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We’d have to give up either Pache and Waters and either Anderson or Davidson along with a mid tier prospect or two to get him.
Its a wild situation with Clevinger. Several players really pissed at him on the team. Apparently one even threatened to opt out if he and Plesac came back too soon. In the end, I doubt we give much to get him, because this team needs more than one starter to be an actual contender. But maybe the Indians lower their expectations on what they want in return for him.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a wild situation with Clevinger. Several players really pissed at him on the team. Apparently one even threatened to opt out if he and Plesac came back too soon. In the end, I doubt we give much to get him, because this team needs more than one starter to be an actual contender. But maybe the Indians lower their expectations on what they want in return for him.
The Indians sure develop some head cases. Reckon why they’re pissed at them?

RubinRock

Has a Well-Known Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Indians sure develop some head cases. Reckon why they’re pissed at them?
ESPN just released the story on them. When they left the teams "bubble" to go party it pissed off several of the teams players including Lindor. One of the guys was treated for leukemia last year. Had a team meeting apparently and some forgave them, but some voiced a lot of displeasure.

There's also a weird situation now, where the team may benefit in the long run of keeping Clev off of the team for a while. The way his contract is, if they keep in down for like 20 games, they essentially get to delay his free agency a year.