• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial B1G basketball thread.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks for Wisconsin if Jackson can't go the rest of the year. This season set up nice for Wisconsin with 4 of their top 7 players being seniors, with a junior and two really talented sophomores that play. Wisconsin will be losing a lot next year, especially if Dekker leaves. They'll take a significant step back next year.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson has a fractured foot. He'll miss most, if not all, of the B1G regular season, but will be back in time for the B1G Tourney and the dance. Hopefully, Bronson develops in the interim and Traevon has his same explosiveness. This could wind up helping us in the long run, depending on Trae's health when he comes back.

Frank will play against Nebraska. Lord knows we need him after yesterday.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well shit. Another close game, but I'll take opening 3-1 in the B1G. Losing our only decent big for a month sucks though.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHAHA!! Gophers find another way to lose. Spirted comeback by the new comers Morris and Mason only for missed 1 and 1s and shit defense to blow it. O and Richard(who is no rick) inexcusable having Morris on bench down the stretch.

Then matthieu goes length of court for layup in 3.6 seconds....he had 3.5 to do it.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHAHA!! Gophers find another way to lose. Spirted comeback by the new comers Morris and Mason only for missed 1 and 1s and shit defense to blow it. O and Richard(who is no rick) inexcusable having Morris on bench down the stretch.

Then matthieu goes length of court for layup in 3.6 seconds....he had 3.5 to do it.

I want less of Mathieu and more of Mason. Mathieu is to reckless with the ball. I'm not gonna shed a tear saying goodbye to this senior class at all. They have got to be lowest mentally tough people I have ever seen. It's been a problem for years, it's frustrating to watch over and over again. This is essentially the same team as last year minus Austin and Malik and the team is WORSE. EE didn't improve at all, Hollins has regressed since his sophomore year and Mathieu plays as dumb as ever.

The recruiting class coming in appears to be one of the best over the last decade for the Gophers so I'm hoping they can come in and contribute right away and be more mentally tough. The Gophers have essentially gotten nothing out of the 2012 or 2013 classes, and this class appears to only have 2 difference makers, but Morris is was a JC and is a senior next year. I hope Pitino can land an impact transfer or 2 for 2015 to be eligible right away, the Gophers will need some upperclassmen leadership(then again, having 4 seniors and 2 juniors this year doesn't mean shit)

Also, for the love of God, what will it take to get an athletic big man on campus! :noidea:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want less of Mathieu and more of Mason. Mathieu is to reckless with the ball. I'm not gonna shed a tear saying goodbye to this senior class at all. They have got to be lowest mentally tough people I have ever seen. It's been a problem for years, it's frustrating to watch over and over again. This is essentially the same team as last year minus Austin and Malik and the team is WORSE. EE didn't improve at all, Hollins has regressed since his sophomore year and Mathieu plays as dumb as ever.

The recruiting class coming in appears to be one of the best over the last decade for the Gophers so I'm hoping they can come in and contribute right away and be more mentally tough. The Gophers have essentially gotten nothing out of the 2012 or 2013 classes, and this class appears to only have 2 difference makers, but Morris is was a JC and is a senior next year. I hope Pitino can land an impact transfer or 2 for 2015 to be eligible right away, the Gophers will need some upperclassmen leadership(then again, having 4 seniors and 2 juniors this year doesn't mean shit)

Also, for the love of God, what will it take to get an athletic big man on campus! :noidea:

That's the hilarious part. They didn't lose much. Honestly I thought it was just Austin due to Malik being so forgettable. The two best players on this team are new comers so you would think the team is awesome but Andre is really just an embarrassment rightnow. Elliot might be the worst player I have ever seen in my life, his statline last night was almost impressive.

Luckily I am not a big gopher fan and just causally watch, otherwise I woulda done a swan dive off a 50 story building by now.

Pitino started a "new" lineup to shake it up. So he took out Morris and walker for Eliason and Buggs? Sure, Walker is garbage on D and Morris is almost as bad...but those other two just suck at basketball.

Then he sat Morris a bunch in the final 8 minutes. Richard has learning to do.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the hilarious part. They didn't lose much. Honestly I thought it was just Austin due to Malik being so forgettable. The two best players on this team are new comers so you would think the team is awesome but Andre is really just an embarrassment rightnow. Elliot might be the worst player I have ever seen in my life, his statline last night was almost impressive.

Luckily I am not a big gopher fan and just causally watch, otherwise I woulda done a swan dive off a 50 story building by now.

Pitino started a "new" lineup to shake it up. So he took out Morris and walker for Eliason and Buggs? Sure, Walker is garbage on D and Morris is almost as bad...but those other two just suck at basketball.

Then he sat Morris a bunch in the final 8 minutes. Richard has learning to do.

It's just frustrating. I don't know maybe they just totally outperformed their talent last year and they are just regressing to the mean this season. But seriously at this rate the Gophers are going to finish last in the B1G, which is embarrassing considering the B1G is down this year.

I've been a Gopher fan since 1996(really since I first understood what was going on) I was 10 at the time. Needless to say there have been many ups and downs. My favorite year was probably the 2004-2005 team because the expectation level was so low that year and then they end up making the tournament as an 8 seed.

I guess I just have to come into every year with low expectations. I thought this team could be a tournament team, along with many other people, I was definitely mistaken.

As for Pitino, I still think he has some learning to do, absolutely. His in game coaching strategies could be questioned, like last night game should have been.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson has a fractured foot. He'll miss most, if not all, of the B1G regular season, but will be back in time for the B1G Tourney and the dance. Hopefully, Bronson develops in the interim and Traevon has his same explosiveness. This could wind up helping us in the long run, depending on Trae's health when he comes back.

Frank will play against Nebraska. Lord knows we need him after yesterday.

And it would be nice to see Gasser step up. He strugged against Rutgers, when I thought there was a chance for him to step up and provide a spark when the team needed it.

I don't know how Bo can give more minutes to Dukan..he's a one trick pony on offense, which is a great asset off the bench, but he can't be a big minutes guy. I feel the same way about Zak Showalter. It'll be interesting to see the redefinition of roles.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa sweeps OSU for the season. :clap: We actually played both halves for a change.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
17-year Spartan Tourney streak looks to be over...

:bawling: Dancing every year since 1998; s'become almost a habit; v'been pretty spoiled in ELansing.

4 first rounds
1 second rounds
4 sweet 16s
2 elite 8s
4 final 4s
1 runner up
1 national championship

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa sweeps OSU for the season. :clap: We actually played both halves for a change.[/Q

The Hawkeyes looked dam good today. I think they have a great chance to get in to the dance come March

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan escaped a potential loss to Northwestern when the Wildcats missed a layup at the buzzer. For a team with a bunch of guys who can nail open shots, Michigan sure doesn't shoot a high percentage. The slightest duress and they miss. Their clutch offensive rebounds were the only reason they pulled it out.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan escaped a potential loss to Northwestern when the Wildcats missed a layup at the buzzer. For a team with a bunch of guys who can nail open shots, Michigan sure doesn't shoot a high percentage. The slightest duress and they miss. Their clutch offensive rebounds were the only reason they pulled it out.

Michigan escaped OT with the missed NU lay-up. It's about time some team other than Michigan missed an easy basket. Michigan blew a 14 point lead after shooting well early.

Doyle was out the entire second half with some kind of cold/flu sickness. The dude just couldn't stop wheezing/over-heating. Like I've stated many times, Michigan has no answer to 7 footers in the low post. Olah was no exception. The true freshman, Ricky Doyle, is our best option and he needs experience. Bielfeldt (never a good thing when he feels the need to launch 3s) and Donnal (will never be physical enough to play well in this conference) are not the answers. Both are too small and poor rebounders. This team really lacks muscle all around and has a difficult time getting to the hoop (and line).

Good night for LeVert; 7/19, 18 pts., 6 boards and 7 dishes. He carried the team last night. Spike was out and both Irvin and Walton have struggled finding their shot(s).

Freshmen Dawkins and Rahkman should get more playing time. Both seem to be playing better defense as the season progresses, both are athletic and both can make big shots.

Probably time to implement the 1-3-1 and abandon the man coverage, for the most part, if the shots aren't going to rain down. Create some turnovers, finish strong in transition and grind out a few ugly wins while bringing the freshmen along.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bawling: Dancing every year since 1998; s'become almost a habit; v'been pretty spoiled in ELansing.

4 first rounds
1 second rounds
4 sweet 16s
2 elite 8s
4 final 4s
1 runner up
1 national championship

Precisely why Izzo is the best coach in this conference. I wouldn't bet against Sparty making the Tourney but a few good wins are still needed (hard to find this year in the B1G ).

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shit, it wouldn't surprise to see yall Blue dancing before we do this year...

and MICH sucks almost as badly as MSU...almost. :L

Precisely why Izzo is the best coach in this conference. I wouldn't bet against Sparty making the Tourney but a few good wins are still needed (hard to find this year in the B1G ).

thanks, but I really don't think it'll happen this year. TI's teams are always a bit streaky (ditto all teams) but this year's squad is either all there or not even in the building. Last night Maryland virtually played alone...MSU couldn't rebound, couldn't hit shit from the arc or the paint (wifey and I quit counting Dawson's missed layups/putbacks after 6 or so.)

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big road win for the Hoosiers against the biggest crowd Illinois has ever had. :dhd:

We shit all over nanwo (whatever their centers name is) 0 points 2rebs 5 fouls.

4-1 in the B1G. 14-4 overall. Every loss except the @mich st game was close. Looking good so far.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big road win for the Hoosiers against the biggest crowd Illinois has ever had. :dhd:

We shit all over nanwo (whatever their centers name is) 0 points 2rebs 5 fouls.

4-1 in the B1G. 14-4 overall. Every loss except the @mich st game was close. Looking good so far.

Well I seem to have blocked out that 20 point loss to Louisville. So two of our losses are by 20 points, that's not good.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, Michigan's tough season just got bleaker.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 65