• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial B1G basketball thread.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might have something to do with the defense they are playing against?

Sign Greg already. This team is improving at an exponential rate. I love how the coach actually gives bench players and young players a chance to play. Vitto Brown and Iverson are coming alive.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purdue and Maryland lost?

Today was a good day.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin is 9-7 overall. If they win the games they are supposed to and lose the games they are supposed to, Wisconsin won't even make the NIT.

Was the win they had today one of the games they were suppose to win or how are things looking for the Badgers?

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now the B1G has 4 LOCKS for the tournament:

Michigan State(#1 seed)
Maryland(#2/#3 seed)
Iowa(#3/#4 seed)
Purdue(#4/#5 seed)

Two other teams that would be IN if the tournament started today:

Michigan(#8/#9 seed)
Indiana(#8/#9 seed)

Everybody else has glaring resume issues. Ohio State has too many losses, Northwestern has an awful SOS, Wisconsin and Illinois just aren't any good this year, along with PSU.

Rutgers, Nebraska and Minnesota are complete dumpster fires. I think this is a 6 bid league. Outside shot at 7.

But I'd rather put in the 9th place Pac 12 team or 8th place Big 12 team before I put in the 7th place B1G team.

Maryland must be a bit overrated then if they have won like 27 games in a row and home and then have their season low points scored and are dominated through the whole game even after Stone was bouncing Badger heads off the floor there is no way this great #2 Maryland team should lose to a team as bad as Wisconsin.

You better lower their ranking in your Bracket thread. They just lost to a team you say wont make the NIT

You can over look the Badgers 7 game win streak and that they are 8 - 3 in their last 11 games against top 5 opponents

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was the win they had today one of the games they were suppose to win or how are things looking for the Badgers?

Things are looking great for the Badgers now. Nice of you to show up 3/4 of the way through the season though.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin isn't good. They have losses to WIU, Milwaukee, NW, and Georgetown among others. Wisconsin is 10-9 for a reason. Also, maybe the reason why wisconsin isn't shooting good is because they don't have good talent. This tells me this was probably more of a fluke than anything else.

Maryland is highly overrated if Wisky sucks

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things are looking great for the Badgers now. Nice of you to show up 3/4 of the way through the season though.

Maybe you should add the Badgers as a bubble team on your bracket thread

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maryland must be a bit overrated then if they have won like 27 games in a row and home and then have their season low points scored and are dominated through the whole game even after Stone was bouncing Badger heads off the floor there is no way this great #2 Maryland team should lose to a team as bad as Wisconsin.

You better lower their ranking in your Bracket thread. They just lost to a team you say wont make the NIT

You can over look the Badgers 7 game win streak and that they are 8 - 3 in their last 11 games against top 5 opponents

God damn you're lame as fuck. Wisconsin was playing like shit early in the season. If they would have played like that the rest of the year they wouldn't have made the NIT.

also, prior to the game I had the Badgers in the field. Now they are even more safely in.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin has improved. It may have been possible that the new team starting out took a bit to get a feel for each other. I would not classify WI as a bad team at this time with the improved play they have been putting on the court

I quoted you here saying they have improved and arent the same team back when they had the bad losses but it was ignored

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maryland is highly overrated if Wisky sucks

Wow they were 10-9 when I said this. They weren't any good at the time. They are better now. What the fuck is your point really?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I quoted you here saying they have improved and arent the same team back when they had the bad losses but it was ignored

They are greatly improved. Based on the win today. Heck of a win.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are greatly improved. Based on the win today. Heck of a win.

Probably the most improved team to this point. About three weeks ago people didn't even think we would make the NIT. We had many very close games and now we've turned the close L's into W's. We still have to play at Mich St., at Iowa and at Purdue though.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a great win for Wisconsin but their margin for error is really slim even with this win. If they can't get 1 more quality road win that would give them breathing room

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably the most improved team to this point. About three weeks ago people didn't even think we would make the NIT. We had many very close games and now we've turned the close L's into W's. We still have to play at Mich St., at Iowa and at Purdue though.

I agree. Its not like I was saying something that wasn't true. I mean Wisconsin was 9-9 at one point with losses to WIU, Milwaukee, Marquette all at home and NW on the road. Saying they wouldn't make the NIT wasn't blasphemous at all. Even Wisconsin fans didn't think they'd run off 6 in a row. Props to Wisconsin. Very improved.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Its not like I was saying something that wasn't true. I mean Wisconsin was 9-9 at one point with losses to WIU, Milwaukee, Marquette all at home and NW on the road. Saying they wouldn't make the NIT wasn't blasphemous at all. Even Wisconsin fans didn't think they'd run off 6 in a row. Props to Wisconsin. Very improved.

Exactly, you were just agreeing with what majority of the people across the Nation believed at that time. I did see many close games vs great opponents so the potential was there combined with a young team and a new head coach. I just thought the improvement would come perhaps next season and not so soon. I mean this is the youngest team we've had in ages and they're competing for possibly 3rd in the BIG right now. I'll be rooting for you guys tomorrow against Iowa which would be a bigger upset than today's. In all likelihood the first W will be vs Rutgers. They should just leave the BIG now.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, you were just agreeing with what majority of the people across the Nation believed at that time. I did see many close games vs great opponents so the potential was there combined with a young team and a new head coach. I just thought the improvement would come perhaps next season and not so soon. I mean this is the youngest team we've had in ages and they're competing for possibly 3rd in the BIG right now. I'll be rooting for you guys tomorrow against Iowa which would be a bigger upset than today's. In all likelihood the first W will be vs Rutgers. They should just leave the BIG now.

Gard has done a fantastic job. He's certainly getting the most out of this roster/team and the adjustments he's made have mad a difference.

If the Gophers win tomorrow it would probably be the biggest upset of the season. I saw that we were a 3 TD dog and I thought to myself that still isn't enough probably. Hawkeyes by 30+ tomorrow.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad Stone wasn't adept enough academically to be accepted into UW. Maybe if he would've hit the books as hard as he hit Vitto Brown's head he might have had the privilege to play for a National Champion contender.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's going on with Mich St.? I guess 8th in the country means below average BIG team