• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial all things Johnny Manziel related thread

Big Bow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel's ego is so big, about the only thing that could bring him down to earth would be blowout losses to Alabama and LSU...maybe.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll be a good NFL quarterback if/once he matures. He won't have the same pressures in the NFL because he won't be the poster child there like he is in the NFL. He reminds me a lot of Nick Fairley. Unlimited potential, head is all over the place. He needs a solid coaching staff and a team he can grow up with. The talent is there. He's at least as talented as RG3. If the Raiders, Jets, Browns or Jags take him, he's probably fucked. If a team with a solid foundation drafts him, or he gets lucky and gets taken by a team like Denver where he can sit a year or two, he'll be fine I think. The talent is there. The maturity is not. But dude is 20 and king of the world. Those are some mighty big shoes to be walking in each day.
-
I do not know where he is going, but claiming his talent rivals RG3 is quite a stretch. RG3 threw one of the best deep balls ever in CFB. He has legit 4.4 speed. RG3 is quite the freak. That is not a slap at Manziel, but just the truth. I hope RG3's body holds up, because he could be really special.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OH-BOY-ITS-THIS-THREAD-AGAIN.jpg

Big Bow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad, I just got here...didn't mean to re-hash old discussion. Just wanted your guys take on Manziel.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel = Eric Crouch, great college QB, but that's about it. Too small to be an NFL QB and before anybody brings up Russell Wilson and Drew Brees, that's 2 QB's out of 30 starting QB's in the NFL that are short, so the odds are against JF ever being a franchise QB in the NFL. Besides, if I was Manziel I wouldn't even mess with the NFL; he should just mooch of his great grandfather's wealth the way his daddy does or go work for a wealthy Aggy alum making $200K a year just to run the company flag football team....

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll be a good NFL quarterback if/once he matures. He won't have the same pressures in the NFL because he won't be the poster child there like he is in the NFL. He reminds me a lot of Nick Fairley. Unlimited potential, head is all over the place. He needs a solid coaching staff and a team he can grow up with. The talent is there. He's at least as talented as RG3. If the Raiders, Jets, Browns or Jags take him, he's probably fucked. If a team with a solid foundation drafts him, or he gets lucky and gets taken by a team like Denver where he can sit a year or two, he'll be fine I think. The talent is there. The maturity is not. But dude is 20 and king of the world. Those are some mighty big shoes to be walking in each day.

I disagree here, hopefully you didn't mean to type that.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raging douche..I'm not a fan

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its a little too early to deside if Manziel will be a good NFL QB. How many "can't miss" prospects with years of tape turn out to be a bust? Hell some scouts had Ryan Leaf & Peyton Manning rated evenly. As an A&M fan, I don't care what happens to him in the NFL (unless he gets drafted by the Steelers).

I do think that he would benefit from more than just 2 years of college, but I think that bridge is allready burning. He has talent and decent arm strength but needs to develop his ability to read the defense in order to do more than pull the ball down and take off running if his first 2 reads are covered.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only Manziel was 1/1,000,000,000th as talented as he thinks he is, he would be an NFL qb for sure.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Flacco is a big fan of Johnny Manziel.

________

I can make it to the gate in 2.6 seconds....can you?