• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 50,000 posts for a Nebraska BCS Championship Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is so evident right now at this point of the game, that all that was making the offense move last year was the fact that opposing defenses were so scared of Taylor's legs. Without him on the field, look what happened to our offense here. We had nothing........NOTHING. All we ever had at the start of the season was due to Martinez ability to run, because any time you have a QB who can run like the wind blows, it makes everyone stay home on defense.

Watson looked like a genius through the first 5 weeks because 1 athlete just tore up the field basically. If we would have had a real offensive coordinator last year we wouldn't have stumbled like this.........not with this much talent on the field.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
resize

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

No. Anyone else.

I'll never let this go if no one here knows.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what Beck said recently about Martinez....

"He's had an outstanding summer," Beck said Thursday night during a speech before an estimated 300 people at the All-Holy Spirit Greek Orthodox Church. "He's done all the things I've asked of that position. He's got to be the leader of our football team and he has taken those reins and feels really good about where he's at mentally and physically. He's taking over and I've been really pleased with what he's done."

Also read this.....

Beck said Nebraska's defense was good enough the past two seasons to win Big 12 titles. Offense was the issue, he said.

"That's where I come in," said Beck, who was promoted after last season from running backs coach. "We have to have the same mentality as the defense."

Beck tells his players on offense he wants them to play with a "relentless frenzy," like the Nebraska defense does. Why can't the offense be nasty? Beck asked. Bottom line, he said, his philosophical approach to the game mirrors Pelini's.

"It's a physical game played by tough people," Beck said. "If you don't play that way, you're cheating the game."

Beck said his offense is "very young, but extremely talented." He said he's very pleased with the unit's overall speed. He's also pleased with Martinez's health, saying the Californian has recovered fully from foot and ankle injuries that plagued him during the late stages of last season.

The injuries may have impacted Martinez's confidence.

"When you start doubting yourself as a coach or doubting yourself as a player, you're in trouble," Beck said.

Beck left no doubt that Martinez stands atop the depth chart as Nebraska prepares for the Aug. 6 start of preseason camp, although redshirt freshman Brion Carnes pushed Martinez during the spring.

"We're going to play the best guy," Beck said. "Right now, that's Taylor."

....en sech

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning Skers.

Reading the last few pages has me all pumped up. Rep to ya JJM.

Found this on you tube. Ya older fellers might want to mute your speakers. It hurts my ears but the video reminds me just how freaking fast and shifty Taylor is healthy.

He may of had his diva moments but that sumabeech is fast. If he grew up some and stays healthy we will be home of the B1G trophy for the next few years. Just having him on the field healthy will open up so many other players to shine. Let's play sum football!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
going back to the discussion about the mizzou game last night, one thing that i didn't like about helu is that he was a one cut back. don't get me wrong he was a great one, and i have nothing against 1-cut backs, but i love backs that arent afraid to completely reverse the field. burkhead does it a little but not much, im hoping one of these incoming frosh will be that kind of back, just to mix it up a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.