• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2021 Recruiting Thread

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When God blesses you with those hideous looks, he makes up with it with luck and talent. Kid will be ok. Will he be like the other 3? most likely no.. but that's still good enough to compete in the Big 12. What's more troubling is ou's lack of defensive recruiting. Lincoln really is Kliff

I don't know man. He's in that same mold as the last three or four QBs under 6 foot QBs and I just think that D cords have been recruiting for this kinda play and while he will get numbers against scrub teams the big boys will have had more than three years of tape on how to play this kinda QB.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know man. He's in that same mold as the last three or four QBs under 6 foot QBs and I just think that D cords have been recruiting for this kinda play and while he will get numbers against scrub teams the big boys will have had more than three years of tape on how to play this kinda QB.
I don't think it's a scheme thing.. Baker was really good and as much as I hate to admit this..Murray was Special. Only thing that held the midget back was his mental toughness. Kid always started slow in the biggest game. Did it at the cotton bowl, did it again in the Big 12 championship that same season.. But he would catch fire after a quarter or two.. did the same thing vs Bama in the CFP but at that point, ou defense folded and it was too late.

Hurts was soooo lucky. He had a bad game vs Texas in the cotton bowl.. Cedee Lamb saved him. He also had a bad game vs iowa st but was bailed out by a no call late in that game too. Last season's ou team was the weakest of the 4 seasons Linc has been there.

Oklahoma has a really good cast of skill players and the OL struggled last season but were helped with Hurts running the ball instead of checkdowns.. This season the OL will be better and now they have a actual passer in Rattler. They still have a very very talented set of WRs. So he will put up numbers, but will he be able to ascend into Mayfield and Murray level? I don't know.. But I do know that defense is going to be in trouble this season. They have a lot of question marks and still like midget Cbs.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's a scheme thing.. Baker was really good and as much as I hate to admit this..Murray was Special. Only thing that held the midget back was his mental toughness. Kid always started slow in the biggest game. Did it at the cotton bowl, did it again in the Big 12 championship that same season.. But he would catch fire after a quarter or two.. did the same thing vs Bama in the CFP but at that point, ou defense folded and it was too late.

Hurts was soooo lucky. He had a bad game vs Texas in the cotton bowl.. Cedee Lamb saved him. He also had a bad game vs iowa st but was bailed out by a no call late in that game too. Last season's ou team was the weakest of the 4 seasons Linc has been there.

Oklahoma has a really good cast of skill players and the OL struggled last season but were helped with Hurts running the ball instead of checkdowns.. This season the OL will be better and now they have a actual passer in Rattler. They still have a very very talented set of WRs. So he will put up numbers, but will he be able to ascend into Mayfield and Murray level? I don't know.. But I do know that defense is going to be in trouble this season. They have a lot of question marks and still like midget Cbs.

I just think the Rattler kid doesn't have the athleticism that is required to be that kinda QB. He's that kid whos been in QB camps since he was 10 years old and his mechanics are great and at the HS level he could get away from kids who weren't that fast and make plays but it wasn't eye popping that makes me think he will still be able to do it at the next level for a team that needs and expects to be able to win playoff games. I mean if he's Joe Burrow type accuracy then yeah he should be great but from the little I saw he's closer to Baker and Johnny Football type where his wiggle is his thing and he doesn't have as much as Murray did. I don't doubt he's good enough to put up numbers there and I don;t doubt with him they could get into the playoffs but I just think like Hurts he doesn't have that next gear of talent.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont you guys have the Rattler kid? I watched some thing on Netflix where they follow about three QBs as seniors in HS. He looks polished with the mechanics but something tells me he's not going to be like your last three QBs. I think he's going to struggle with the step up to college play.

Rattler was the #1 overall qb coming out of Pennical. His highlights and stats were impressive. Caleb William's is the #1 qb and #3 player overall. Rattler can play 2 years then jump to the pros. Both will have the 3 freshman 5 star wide receivers from last year to throw to which should help them.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rattler was the #1 overall qb coming out of Pennical. His highlights and stats were impressive. Caleb William's is the #1 qb and #3 player overall. Rattler can play 2 years then jump to the pros. Both will have the 3 freshman 5 star wide receivers from last year to throw to which should help them.
JT Daniels was the number one QB in the country as a junior in High School. Hes gonna be watching a 3* start ahead of him. I dont know a lot about Rattler I totally admit that but what I watched doesnt jump out to me as a future NFL QB. Old enough to have seen Plenty of future NFL qbs play in HS and the talent was very evident even playing with and against some of the best teams in the country. But at OK he will definitely put up numbers. It's that last gear you need to win playoff games Im not sure he has. Said that about Hurts when he transfered.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was reported on the PAC page but don't see it here . USC picked up a commitment over the weekend. 4* out of Washington, Julien Simon Athlete but projected as a LB in college 6'2" 221 lbs.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JT Daniels was the number one QB in the country as a junior in High School. Hes gonna be watching a 3* start ahead of him. I dont know a lot about Rattler I totally admit that but what I watched doesnt jump out to me as a future NFL QB. Old enough to have seen Plenty of future NFL qbs play in HS and the talent was very evident even playing with and against some of the best teams in the country. But at OK he will definitely put up numbers. It's that last gear you need to win playoff games Im not sure he has. Said that about Hurts when he transfered.

Its a crap shoot for sure. Nobody thought a walk on in Baker Mayfield or a midget in Kyler Murray would play in the Nfl and both were #1 picks so you never know.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a crap shoot for sure. Nobody thought a walk on in Baker Mayfield or a midget in Kyler Murray would play in the Nfl and both were #1 picks so you never know.
Mayfield was a surprise but we saw how well he did as a true freshman in Lubbock.. Kyler was a 5 star QB.. he was projected to be a first rd pick according to how Rivals and 247 do it's rankings

Rattler will have those same expectations

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn it.. Clayton Smith got FONG'd to ou.. I thought Texas was leading since the beginning. Guess Lincoln showed him the shitastic DE depth chart for 2021 #ouSUCKS

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Wishbone @MarkOU Y'all are getting so lucky with getting Clayton Smith and Burris. They are legit. Texas is filling up along the DL and aggy is obsessed with taking DL prospects from PA and NJ over kids in their backyard. So these guys are falling into Grinch's lap, despite gettin in all late. Regardless #ouSUCKS

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn it.. Clayton Smith got FONG'd to ou.. I thought Texas was leading since the beginning. Guess Lincoln showed him the shitastic DE depth chart for 2021 #ouSUCKS

@Wishbone @MarkOU Y'all are getting so lucky with getting Clayton Smith and Burris. They are legit. Texas is filling up along the DL and aggy is obsessed with taking DL prospects from PA and NJ over kids in their backyard. So these guys are falling into Grinch's lap, despite gettin in all late. Regardless #ouSUCKS

It sounds like recruiting is about to take off for us. Smith getting on board like this is huge and much needed.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like recruiting is about to take off for us. Smith getting on board like this is huge and much needed.
Well Smith and Burris is solid along the DL. Clayton Smith can be a special edge rusher.. I was hoping to see him paired opposite to Sanders who already is a UT commit. BTW I love how aggys say they are on better players..from Landon Jackson to Jordon Thomas to Clayton Smith to Marcus Burris.. and now they are hitching their wagons to Shemar Turner (who is legit too). LOL. Keep reaching out to DE, NJ, PA

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Smith and Burris is solid along the DL. Clayton Smith can be a special edge rusher.. I was hoping to see him paired opposite to Sanders who already is a UT commit. BTW I love how aggys say they are on better players..from Landon Jackson to Jordon Thomas to Clayton Smith to Marcus Burris.. and now they are hitching their wagons to Shemar Turner (who is legit too). LOL. Keep reaching out to DE, NJ, PA

Aggy gonna Aggy.

That said, Grinch and Thibodeaux weren’t much smarter hitching their DT wagon to a Texas legacy kid last cycle. I’m a big fan of Winfrey and I think Ellison can contribute but they totally fucked up DT recruiting last year. Grimes is legit but he’s definitely a DE.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aggy gonna Aggy.

That said, Grinch and Thibodeaux weren’t much smarter hitching their DT wagon to a Texas legacy kid last cycle. I’m a big fan of Winfrey and I think Ellison can contribute but they totally fucked up DT recruiting last year. Grimes is legit but he’s definitely a DE.
Yeah I can't figure out who ou really wants. You would think Texas and ou would be fighting a lot for the same kids but it doesn't seem that way. But I do know that we both want Makuba (safety from Austin, TX) Clayton Smith, Burris, and Wheaton. McCutchin has a UT offer but he crossed us off since we waited too long lol. We are on Ibraheem and Harmon pretty hard.. not sure if ou is on either of them.
From seeing the offers, I feel Grinch is wanting tall corners, and is willing to sacrifice some speed for size.

Really going to be interesting how it adds up on the field. I know I'm a Texas homer but the talent is getting stacked, especially on the defensive side.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I can't figure out who ou really wants. You would think Texas and ou would be fighting a lot for the same kids but it doesn't seem that way. But I do know that we both want Makuba (safety from Austin, TX) Clayton Smith, Burris, and Wheaton. McCutchin has a UT offer but he crossed us off since we waited too long lol. We are on Ibraheem and Harmon pretty hard.. not sure if ou is on either of them.
From seeing the offers, I feel Grinch is wanting tall corners, and is willing to sacrifice some speed for size.

Really going to be interesting how it adds up on the field. I know I'm a Texas homer but the talent is getting stacked, especially on the defensive side.

Yeah, supposedly McCutchin is OU’s to lose but that’s gonna be a fight all the way to signing day. They do want Mukuba but right now I don’t see OU pulling it off. Could change but I don’t think we get him. I think there’s a little less urgency at the safety position since they decided to take Mukes so they’re going to look for the right guy. I really think Wheaton ends up at Oklahoma.

It’s pretty clear what Grinch wants in the secondary and at linebacker. He wants length and speed. Ideally guys who are 6’-1”+ and can run. He may sacrifice a little speed if you’ve got the length but he’s still wanting guys who are low 4.5 to high 4.4 guys even then. Remember one of the first things he did was push Darrion Green-Warren out of the 20’ class. If you’re not as tall, you better have some speed. You see this with guys like Washington, Whitter, Eaton, Stutsman, Kendall Dennis, and Justin Harrington.

Where I’m really frustrated is along the DL. They seem to be doing fine finding Rush ends and a DE but they’re all over the place along the interior.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, supposedly McCutchin is OU’s to lose but that’s gonna be a fight all the way to signing day. They do want Mukuba but right now I don’t see OU pulling it off. Could change but I don’t think we get him. I think there’s a little less urgency at the safety position since they decided to take Mukes so they’re going to look for the right guy. I really think Wheaton ends up at Oklahoma.

It’s pretty clear what Grinch wants in the secondary and at linebacker. He wants length and speed. Ideally guys who are 6’-1”+ and can run. He may sacrifice a little speed if you’ve got the length but he’s still wanting guys who are low 4.5 to high 4.4 guys even then. Remember one of the first things he did was push Darrion Green-Warren out of the 20’ class. If you’re not as tall, you better have some speed. You see this with guys like Washington, Whitter, Eaton, Stutsman, Kendall Dennis, and Justin Harrington.

Where I’m really frustrated is along the DL. They seem to be doing fine finding Rush ends and a DE but they’re all over the place along the interior.
I like Bryson Washington a lot but from TFB they mentioned him at CB? He's a safety all the way.. He doesn't have the speed to be at CB imo.. But I do like that kid, has a lot of dog in him. Eaton is a freak as well, but he's gonna need some time. He played DB for the first time his senior season, he was a WR before that.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Bryson Washington a lot but from TFB they mentioned him at CB? He's a safety all the way.. He doesn't have the speed to be at CB imo.. But I do like that kid, has a lot of dog in him. Eaton is a freak as well, but he's gonna need some time. He played DB for the first time his senior season, he was a WR before that.

No. Washington is a safety all the way for OU.