• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

T'Official 2017-18 NFL thread

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some amusing things about the game yesterday: for some reason I am a magnet for fans of other teams when I go to a game. A pair of Steeler fans asked us for directions and stood talking to us for a while. As is almost always the case, no matter what team's fans, these people were really nice and we all wished each other good luck. Hard to get fired up for the game when the visiting fans are usually so nice.

Where I was waiting for my friend around 11:15 is a main walking area to the stadium. There are vendors, food, and music and a whole lot of people walking. So I'm standing there waiting and enjoying myself when I see somebody walking toward me who just seems off. So I'm kind of watching him. He gets close then veers away and ends up standing along side of me about 3 feet away. I glance over and he is standing there penis out taking a leak - just facing all the walkers. I decided I needed to stand somewhere else.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some amusing things about the game yesterday: for some reason I am a magnet for fans of other teams when I go to a game. A pair of Steeler fans asked us for directions and stood talking to us for a while. As is almost always the case, no matter what team's fans, these people were really nice and we all wished each other good luck. Hard to get fired up for the game when the visiting fans are usually so nice.

Where I was waiting for my friend around 11:15 is a main walking area to the stadium. There are vendors, food, and music and a whole lot of people walking. So I'm standing there waiting and enjoying myself when I see somebody walking toward me who just seems off. So I'm kind of watching him. He gets close then veers away and ends up standing along side of me about 3 feet away. I glance over and he is standing there penis out taking a leak - just facing all the walkers. I decided I needed to stand somewhere else.

Sounds like that guy needs a trip to HR.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shit day for 2 bruising rookie rb's ... Dalvin Cook torn acl ...Chris Carson broken ankle

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to the Bills vs. Falcons game at Mercedes Benz on Sunday. That new stadium is damned impressive!

/And the Bills won, which is even more impressive!

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Cam, you know what's funny is this route you took to attempt to recover this fumble in the Super Bowl...

cam-newton-jumps-back-after-fumbling.gif

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dazn looks to have thrown in the towel in canada

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the game last week I gave my friend a hot foot right before the anthem. When his foot started burning he knelt to put it out. People in the stands thinking he was disrespectin' the anthem pummeled him and put him in the hospital. lol, that more than gets him back for the time he put shaving cream on my face when I fell asleep at a college party.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
man, Jimmy Graham has dropped 14 points in the first half alone.
sloppy game on NY

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, Terry's a bit of an ass anyway.

The meeting was going so well that even the unintentionally awkward moments were forgiven. At one point, Buffalo Bills co-owner Terry Pegula, moved by Anquan Boldin's story about his cousin being shot and killed by a police officer, complimented him on how impressive he was but kept calling him "Antwan." Then Pegula suggested that Boldin would be the perfect NFL spokesman on social issues not only because he had walked away from the game to pursue causes but because, the owner said, it couldn't be a "white owner but needs to be someone who's black."

How the NFL, players forged anthem detente amid gaffes, TV ratings concerns

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still trying to get over that game yesterday.

Im beginning to like Paul Richardson. That guy can leap

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, Terry's a bit of an ass anyway.

The meeting was going so well that even the unintentionally awkward moments were forgiven. At one point, Buffalo Bills co-owner Terry Pegula, moved by Anquan Boldin's story about his cousin being shot and killed by a police officer, complimented him on how impressive he was but kept calling him "Antwan." Then Pegula suggested that Boldin would be the perfect NFL spokesman on social issues not only because he had walked away from the game to pursue causes but because, the owner said, it couldn't be a "white owner but needs to be someone who's black."

How the NFL, players forged anthem detente amid gaffes, TV ratings concerns
Yeah, he's a businessman who is in way over his head on certain social or political topics and should really just stick to trying to hire the right people to run things for him.

/Wait, am I in the right thread?

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well fuck.

DeShaun Watson has feared to have a Torn ACL in a non contact practice.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it field turf? Is it training? This ACL thing is like Tommy John injuries in baseball, just commonplace now.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it field turf? Is it training? This ACL thing is like Tommy John injuries in baseball, just commonplace now.

I think it's just the speed of the game and the conditioning level of the athletes nowadays. The human body, particularly joints, has its limits.

The human body wasn't meant to cut, juke and accelerate at the level these guys are doing now. ACLs and MCLs just don't have the ability to hold on. You can't train or build up a ligament. It is what it is.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's just the speed of the game and the conditioning level of the athletes nowadays. The human body, particularly joints, has its limits.

The human body wasn't meant to cut, juke and accelerate at the level these guys are doing now. ACLs and MCLs just don't have the ability to hold on. You can't train or build up a ligament. It is what it is.
I don't get why it seems to disproportionately affect football players though.

Why don't we see similar issues in any other sport? And I'm thinking of non-contact injuries only. I get the physicality of the tackles and such, but why are soccer players for example not blowing out knees left and right?