• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial '2015 Tennessee Volunteers' Football Thread

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butch Jones says search for new OC is going ‘exceptionally well’ - News Sentinel Story

Butch Jones said Wednesday that he’s made progress in his search for a new offensive coordinator, but wouldn’t provide a timetable for when he will make the hire.

“That search is going exceptionally well,” Jones said Wednesday on the Paul Finebaum Show on ESPN. “I’m going to take my time, and it’s all about finding the right fit.”

Jones reiterated his stance on what “the right fit” means. He said last weekend on an ESPN radio station in Baton Rouge, La., that he wants to find a coordinator that will make for the most seamless transition possible for his offense heading into his third year as head coach. He’s not necessarily looking for the hottest name on the market, but someone who can build on the foundation laid by departed coordinator Mike Bajakian, who left to be the quarterbacks coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Humbly, I ask the forgiveness of my fellow Volunteers. May the spirit of Neyland grant me the grace to be a better representative of my alma mater. Amen.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my day, Tennessee orange was defined. Coded. Anyone licensed to use it, used it. No dadgum uniform maker would mess with God's favored shade of orange, otherwise known as True Orange.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will look towards attending the game in Nash Vegas. I'm overdue for a trip to the Burg, and a Vols game is as good an incentive as any.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will look towards attending the game in Nash Vegas. I'm overdue for a trip to the Burg, and a Vols game is as good an incentive as any.

I'm hoping to make the season opener in Nashville, would be a great opportunity for me to see the Vols. Usually the only time I get to see UT is when they play at Vandy.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping to make the season opener in Nashville, would be a great opportunity for me to see the Vols. Usually the only time I get to see UT is when they play at Vandy.

Are you a Nashvillian?

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he's transferring to Pittsburgh. No real surprise, I think everyone knew he'd be leaving.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jenkins, Wharton granted releases; Sawyers dismissed - News Sentinel Story

Tennessee coach Butch Jones said at his signing day press conference on Wednesday that wide receivers Ryan Jenkins and Vic Wharton have both asked for and been granted the opportunity to explore options for transfers. He also said that defensive tackle Michael Sawyers has been dismissed from the program for a violation of team rules.

Wharton started two games at wide receiver this season and caught a touchdown pass in the TaxSlayer Bowl.

Jones also said that he is close to naming an offensive coordinator and expects to have one in place by the end of the week.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2015 preseason college football rankings: ESPN's FPI - ESPN
Preseason college football ratings historically have been flawed. Team reputations are generally overvalued, and the top historical programs often end up on top. ESPN Stats & Information has again created an automated set of preseason ratings for all FBS teams heading into the 2015 season, designed to predict how strong each team will be this coming season.

FPI is an estimate of team strength – not a ranking of who will have the highest win total (which is dependent on schedule) and not who is most likely to make the College Football Playoff. Preseason FPI is calculated using three major components for each FBS team: prior years’ offense, defense and special teams efficiencies; returning starters and head coach information; and recruiting rankings.

Last season, the top three teams in Preseason FPI ( Florida State, Oregon and Alabama) made the inaugural College Football Playoff.

Tennessee #14.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NCAAF Buckeyes Lead Way-Too-Early Top 25 - ESPN

20. Tennessee Volunteers
2014 record: 7-6, 3-5 SEC

Returning starters: 10 offense, 9 defense, 1 special teams

The skinny: Most SEC opponents might have enjoyed playing the Volunteers the past few seasons, but it might not be so much fun in the future. Tennessee coach Butch Jones landed a top-five recruiting class for the second year in a row by signing 13 players from the ESPN 300. After allowing 43 sacks in 2014, the Volunteers signed three offensive tackles who were ranked in the ESPN 300: Drew Richmond, Jack Jones and Venzell Boulware. Defensive tackles Kahlil McKenzie and Shy Tuttle, receiver Preston Williams, ends Kyle Phillips and Andrew Butcher, and cornerback Micah Abernathy also were ranked in the top 10 at their respective positions. Now, after going 12-13 in his first two seasons, Jones has to start turning the recruiting success into on-field results. With quarterback Joshua Dobbs, tailback Jalen Hurd and four starters returning on the offensive line, the pieces seem to be in place for a breakthrough season in 2015.