• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2013 Nebraska Recruiting thread.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh yeah..LOL 2 me fer joining you pedos on this thread...

:burt:

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recruiting: Top-rated QB looks for ‘more passing’ in NU offense | sports.omaha.com

Dayton (Ohio) Alter quarterback Malik Zaire might seem like a shoo-in for Ohio State — especially since Urban Meyer and the Buckeyes have offered.
But the 6-foot-1, 185-pound prospect has Nebraska and Pittsburgh in his top three, too. He’s already made a visit to the Panthers. Now four-star signal-caller — ranked as the No. 3 dual-threat quarterback in the country and the No. 113 player overall according to 247Sports — will head to Lincoln soon.
“I’m a huge fan of Nebraska and I really like Nebraska a lot,” he told Huskers Illustrated. “I’m trying to schedule my visit for early March. I’m trying to get there as early as possible just to get it out of the way. I’m planning on committing after visiting there or maybe after a visit to Notre Dame.”
The Fighting Irish, along with Wisconsin, round out Zaire’s top five. ND, you’ll recall, just signed Gunner Kiel in the 2012 class.
Although you can catch HI’s full story on Zaire — and it’s a good read — one item stuck out. It’s been a recurring theme with quarterbacks Nebraska already signed — like Tommy Armstrong – and 2013 targets. Offensive coordinator Tim Beck has an eye toward more passing.
“Something that Coach Beck has talked about is how they run the ball but he also wants to do a lot more passing,” he said. “Not that Taylor Martinez isn’t a good quarterback for Nebraska, but Beck wants to open up the passing game a little bit more. I think that’s what he wants to incorporate with me. He wants that aspect and get into a lot more passing.”
and
“I think with what they have and with my explosiveness and what I can bring to the Nebraska offense, it fits what he wants to do with me,” he said. “I can be very dynamic with what they need. We’ll see how it goes and what coach Beck wants to do with me.”
NU’s fully in the running for Zaire. Let’s see who makes the best case for his services.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://huskerextra.com/sports/columnists/sipple/article_60d02055-b10d-5edb-9c87-0c41c24e3a7e.html
-- Embattled Illinois basketball coach Bruce Weber last week lamented his team's lack of toughness. He said he essentially failed to recruit enough toughness. It's a glaring issue.
Which made me wonder: How does a coach measure toughness during the recruiting process?
I asked a local expert.
"Part of it is simply finding guys who do things the right way," Nebraska football coach Bo Pelini said Tuesday. "You also look for guys who step up in big parts of the game, and guys who handle adversity."
A coach can glean plenty about a player from watching a game. It's common-sense stuff. But that's just one part of the process. Pelini said coaches talk to a prospect's teachers, counselors, coaches … even opposing coaches.
"You have to do your homework, and you have to be a good listener," he said. "But you also have to ask the right questions."
To that end, Pelini has enlisted help from an outside firm of research professionals to help his staff's efficiency in the recruiting process. It's his first go-round with such a method.
"They're working to help us to not only ask the right questions, but teach us what to listen for when we ask the questions and get more insight in the limited amount of time we're with recruits," he said.
"The most important part of it is knowing what key words and what reactions to assess as you're asking the questions," he added.
In recruiting, time is of the essence.
"Especially since most of the kids we recruit are thousands of miles away, so you obviously have a more limited access to them," he said. "It's not like you're in front of them a lot. They don't have a chance to get on your campus a lot."
In other words, Nebraska isn't like, say, Michigan -- which already has 11 verbal commitments for its class of 2013, including five in-state players, three from Ohio and two from Illinois.
I think it can be dicey accepting too many verbal commitments this early in the process, in part because assessing a player's toughness often takes more time.
"Mental toughness is a little bit harder to judge (than physical toughness)," Pelini said. "But that's also something you can help develop once a player is in your program. It's something you often have to develop."
I'm guessing Weber would agree wholeheartedly. His team has ample talent but has lost nine of its last 10 games.
-- Michigan's momentum from an 11-2 record last season, including a Sugar Bowl victory, obviously carried into recruiting.
As for those 11 verbal commitments, it's unfair to compare the Wolverines' total to NU's, if only because of the proximity of UM's commitments to its campus. Nebraska, which has one verbal commitment for 2013, obviously lacks the luxury of securing 11 players from its back yard.
-- It isn't Pelini's style to put a hard sell on recruits. He's not the pushy type. He has patience with the process. That said, he hopes NU is about halfway finished with its 2013 class by summer's end. Recruiting experts project the class to end up with about 24 players.
"At the end of the day, I would love to have 10 to 12 (commitments) going into the season," Pelini said. "If we have more than that, that would be great. You just never know.
"The spring game will be big. If we get a bunch of guys to come to the spring game, that gives us a pretty good opportunity."
-- Pelini played down the drama between new Ohio State coach Urban Meyer and some of his Big Ten Conference coaching brethren, most notably Wisconsin's Bret Bielema.
Bielema criticized Meyer, cautioning that the Big Ten does not want to become a northern version of the SEC and its notoriously repulsive recruiting tactics. Meyer formerly coached at Florida.
"In the recruiting process, things often get turned and twisted," said Pelini, who was among Big Ten coaches who gathered earlier this month for a meeting in Chicago, where Bielema's comments were discussed. "I think everybody was on the same page when they walked out of the meeting."
Kudos to Bo for being politically correct. If I were a Big Ten coach, I'd watch Meyer closely. Just sayin'.
-- By the way, Pelini's philosophy on recruiting players who are verbally committed to other schools jibes with Meyer's philosophy (and that of most coaches, I'm guessing). "I'll continue to recruit them," Bo said. "Until they sign on the dotted line, we're going to recruit them."

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I'll continue to recruit them," Bo said. "Until they sign on the dotted line, we're going to recruit them."

That's what I'm talking about. If he did any less he wouldn't be doing his job and if agreed to not recruit "friends" prospects he better not have any friends.

Thank God for offseasons because he opens up and says things that pump ya up and that gets me through the next seasons fuck ups. :L

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would piss myself from happiness if Zaire came to Nebraska. We would no doubt be set at QB getting our choice between him and Armstrong.

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malik Zaire plads to mak his decision in the next month.

but....""Nebraska definitely wants to use me more in the passing game, and just make their offense more dynamic. That is important to me because he wants to have an offense like he had at Kansas with Todd Reesing. He said that he wants to do a lot more passing, but still keep the running game involved. I think that would be a great option for me."

dammit, i DONT want an offense like he had at kansas

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malik Zaire plads to mak his decision in the next month.

but....""Nebraska definitely wants to use me more in the passing game, and just make their offense more dynamic. That is important to me because he wants to have an offense like he had at Kansas with Todd Reesing. He said that he wants to do a lot more passing, but still keep the running game involved. I think that would be a great option for me."

dammit, i DONT want an offense like he had at kansas

Reesing ran a pussy offense

You're a pussy offense.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not sure that makes sense sir

but i did find out tht i can help coach freshman football next year. WOOHOO:dance:!!

How Chuck see's himself:

BoPelini.jpg

Reality:

waterboy.jpg