• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2013 Nebraska Recruiting thread.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like there's rumors starting to circulate one way or another. Somebody put their rivals account to use.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Cody Green, but come the fuck on already........

Look what Taylor did as a Freshmen.....he stepped right in there and didn't miss a beat. Went to Washington, one of the most hostile environments, and was cool as a cucumber. Green came into that game for one play and was shaking......ran one play and fumbled giving the Huskies the ball at our 10 yard line.

Though Taylor has made mistakes, he did not look like a noob stepping on the field as a 19 year old. Cody Green did.

Cody got his chance to start as a youngin too......don't know if ye remember that.

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not saying Cody shoulda been starting over taylor. just saying that he was usually used in bad circumstances and i think he will do good at Tulsa this year

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he wins the damn Heisman at Tulsa......

But HH be out of his mind saying Cody woulda done what Taylor has done.

Washington, KState, Okie State.........those are three games right there that Taylor earned national awards as a Freshman.....on the road ta boot......and Cody would have NEVER put up those numbers in those games

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he wins the damn Heisman at Tulsa......

But HH be out of his mind saying Cody woulda done what Taylor has done.

Washington, KState, Okie State.........those are three games right there that Taylor earned national awards as a Freshman.....on the road ta boot......and Cody would have NEVER put up those numbers in those games

:nod:

I've Never seen Taylor look rattled on the field as far as facial expressions and body language.

Cody constantly had that deer in headlights look.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cot damnit he left Lincoln w/ out committing.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we get a C&P of some visit quotes?

Anybody?

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't cancel his trip to wiscy.

He's heading there now.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not a big deal though because after seeing Nebraska, Wiscy will look bush league.

"Nebraska quarterback target Johnny Stanton took trip No. 2 to Lincoln this week. The four-star signal-caller from Santa Margarita, Calif made no commitment to NU – and said the coaches didn’t pressure him to, either.
“They are letting me go off of my own time line,” the 6-foot-2, 210-pounder told Huskers Illustrated. ”They let me know what the situation is and there are still other quarterbacks they are recruiting. I do appreciate that they aren’t pressuring me to make a commitment.”
Stanton toured the campus, liked the Student Life Center and had a 25-minute chat with Nebraska coach Bo Pelini.
“We talked about everything,” Stanton said. “He talked about how I could fit in with the team. We talked about the other guys that are coming in with 11 commits right now and what they are looking for. ”
Stanton is off to Wisconsin for an unofficial visit. He’s mulling over offers from Oregon, Oregon State and Utah."

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, said a decision is likely coming soon after wiscy.....unless he decides to visit oregon a second time:L

starting to sound like we mighta let another QB slip through our fingers

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Touted quarterback recruit Johnny Stanton has wrapped up his second visit to Nebraska.
It's been a week of road-tripping it for the product of Rancho Santa Margaraita (Calif.) Catholic. He recently visited USC and is now on his way to check out Wisconsin.
Among those players Stanton got a chance to visit with during his time in Lincoln were Husker quarterbacks Taylor Martinez and Tommy Armstrong, according to Rivals.com.
Stanton does occasionally text Martinez, whose family is from an area not that far from him, but told Scout.com he was looking forward to talking to Nebraska's starting quarterback face-to-face about how things are in Lincoln.
Husker linebacker commit Josh Banderas told me today he also just talked to Stanton in an attempt to help the Nebraska class pick up another member.
So Stanton's heard the sales pitch from a bunch of different angles.
As important as anything, Stanton's parents were on the trip. Husker coaches have always liked their chances when they get not just the recruit, but the parents, on campus.
In a recruiting class still looking for a quarterback, Stanton would seem a pretty good catch for Nebraska.
The 6-foot-2, 220-pound Stanton threw for 2,439 yards and 13 touchdowns with eight interceptions while rushing for 1,528 yards and 25 touchdowns in 2011. He led his team to the CIF-SS Pac-5 title and the CIF State D-I title.
And Stanton was among 25 quarterbacks in the 2013 class picked for the Elite 11 camp. Also on that list is DeVante Kincade, who has an offer from Nebraska, too.
As for Stanton's timetable on a decision?
"I'm not sure yet, it could be soon," Stanton told Rivals. "I think that I have a lot of good options right now, so I want to be able to weigh the pros and cons of each program and hopefully be able to make a decision soon after.

"It won't be one thing, it will just be the overall fit for me in the program, the feel of the school, how much I like the program and how they're doing. I think that a lot of the schools I'm considering really fit for me, so I'll have a tough decision to make."
Stanton told the recruiting website that Nebraska, Oregon, Oregon State, Utah, and Wisconsin are the teams still on his radar.