• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2013 Nebraska Recruiting thread.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJM pls at least watch their youtube highlights

:L

If someone would have put together a video of my highlights from High School ye would all be drooling over me playing basketball for Nebraska....

The coaches don't watch the same film we do. We see only the good stuff.......they see everything they want to see and then some.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only hope that for some reason these 2 guys are amazing prospects that every other major program managed to miss out on.........

But like I said, that is not realistic.......and how in thee hell do you get yourself to be optimistic knowing that Nebraska fought off Southwest Missouri Technical Hair College for a little chubby guy who looks like he eats a bunch of cheetos on a daily basis?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every damn High School athlete has a highlight reel though........

It has always and will always be that way.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love ye, stool........but we go through this every single season dadburnit. I aint gonna just give Bo and staff a get out of jail free card for every reach of a prospect that they pull in en sech.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suttles reminds me of Mike Rucker when he was an incoming freshman. Only question is whether he will get properly developed?

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only hope that for some reason these 2 guys are amazing prospects that every other major program managed to miss out on.........

But like I said, that is not realistic.......and how in thee hell do you get yourself to be optimistic knowing that Nebraska fought off Southwest Missouri Technical Hair College for a little chubby guy who looks like he eats a bunch of cheetos on a daily basis?

He does have an offer from Bethune-Cookman.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill be the devil here and say that we take in kids that may have some ability, but more to grease the tracks for other potential targets associated with them. Whether it be another teammate, or coach of a certain school to gain trust with.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just always thought that was a suspect recruiting technique. Not saying it has never paid off. Heck it has even paid off for Nebraska.

I can see wanting to get your foot in the door for a certain area, but not for specific players. Especially if you're talking about future recruiting classes.

Like we would have never probably had a chance with Newby had we not recruited chaminade and the surrounding schools relatively heavily. Sometimes you don't even have to land a recruit. You just gotta build relationships and trust with the high school coaches and eventually you'll start landing 'em.

Absolutely see what you're saying and I think it's obvious schools employ this tactic, but I still say taking a guy in hopes of landing another one is a risky strategy at best.

JMHO

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just always thought that was a suspect recruiting technique. Not saying it has never paid off. Heck it has even paid off for Nebraska.

I can see wanting to get your foot in the door for a certain area, but not for specific players. Especially if you're talking about future recruiting classes.

Like we would have never probably had a chance with Newby had we not recruited chaminade and the surrounding schools relatively heavily. Sometimes you don't even have to land a recruit. You just gotta build relationships and trust with the high school coaches and eventually you'll start landing 'em.

Absolutely see what you're saying and I think it's obvious schools employ this tactic, but I still say taking a guy in hopes of landing another one is a risky strategy at best.

JMHO

This is more what I was eluding to. It never hurts to get ingrained in hot area's. We lost allot of ground in the past 15 years, getting fucked up in the prime time sure as shit isn't going to win any hearts over.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 Star Safety Marcus McWilson former Nebraska commit, will
commit to Kentucky, will be made public within next few days.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What-The-Fuck-Am-I-Reading-Pooh-Bear12-200x200.jpg

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cethan Carter N

Last edited by a moderator:

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Vince is hitting our list hard, there are some that have said letting him walk wouldn't hurt anything :gaah:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since when is McWilson a former commit??? Seriously, what in the fuck am I reading???

He is still committed, no?