• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TNF = BS

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no acceptable schedule with only two preseason games.
Yeah, I read somewhere this preseason that there are clauses in many if not all stadium contracts that teams must have 10 home games - 8 regular season and 2 preseason. Until that is phased out, we won't see less preseason games.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be interested to know how the teams who play Thursday Night games fair in the game that follows, because I think that the physical toll of playing two games in the span of 5 days wouldn't show up until the following week's game, even with all the days off between the TNF game and the game on the following week. As far as the quick turnaround between the previous Sunday game and the TNF game goes, I think the lack of preparation time accounts for the overall crappiness of those games more so than the physical toll and lack of recovery time between games. That isn't to say that the players won't probably still be tired and sore from playing four days earlier, but with three days to prepare and really only one day of on-field work to fix problems and implement that week's gameplan, both teams are inevitably going to be rather predictable. That predictability, to me, is what makes those games ugly.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a fan, I love it. I don't watch much TV, but come football season, my TV nights are packed thanks to Thursday Night Football. Really gives me something to look forward to mid-week and makes the weekend seem longer for me since I'm always toasted Friday morning (and most of the day too) from the night before. Good stuff.

That's interesting. As a fan, who loves watching football, I absolutely hate TNF. The games are freaking terrible. IMO 3 days just isn't enough time to recover from the grind of a football game, both mentally and physically, and as the result the games are sloppy and filled with turnovers. I think the TNF games suck and the NFL either needs to get rid of them, or only allow a team to play in it the week after their bye. Yes that would mean no TNF weeks 2-4, but I'd be completely OK with that.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could not agree more with the OP's post.

Although I hate Thursday Night Football mostly because I think it's pointless. I personally never watch football on Thursday nights even though I'm an avid NFL fan, I just don't think of Thursday as an NFL day like I do with Sundays and Mondays.

Not to mention when the Seahawks play on Thursday nights I have to change my schedule around a bit to be able to watch the entire game. I personally hate it and the only thursday night games I watch are the Seahawks and whoever is playing on Thanksgiving.

I think Thursday night games should be regulated to just Thanksgiving. But that will never happen because it is all about the money with the NFL. It is only a matter of time before they start pushing Wednesday night games or some stupid shit like that.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I read somewhere this preseason that there are clauses in many if not all stadium contracts that teams must have 10 home games - 8 regular season and 2 preseason. Until that is phased out, we won't see less preseason games.

Not the issue. The issue is that all 4 games are 100% vital to the sport. With 2 the number of injuries skyrocket and the quality of the first several weeks fall off a cliff.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College football games are showing up on Sundays and Wednesdays.

Welcome to the world of big money broadcast deals.