• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TKO's QB rankings - standard

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ranks assume 6 points per passing TD. Here we go...

1. Aaron Rodgers - just look at last year, and the majority had Rodgers here (not me). Look what happens after a year, everyone chasing. If Rodgers doesn't hit 50 TD this year, I'll be surprised... 45, and single digit INT is guaranteed with health, and I'm not scared of his health.
2. Peyton Manning - don't get me wrong, I called his 50 last year, and I still love him as the consistent surgeon he is... but I like Montee more than Knowshon, and the additions of Talib and Ware make this defense better, and I just see Peyton using that to his advantage. Also, the loss of Decker hurts a little, because Sanders is no Decker. Crazy to think a 40 TD thrower just lost 15 TD passes!
3. Drew Brees - very tempted to drop him a little, those obliques can be nasty... but he's still amazing enough to stay in the top three, but I only see two in the tier-one group now. Also, the indoors/outdoors thing hurts Drew, but luckily he's got the Cowboys and Lions to visit this year, for 11 dome games. (don't like Week 15 @ Chi though)
4. Andrew Luck - they might say they want to run, but they'll realize soon enough that Luck's shoulder is the only thing that will take them where they need to be. He gets the nudge over the next two because of his legs.
5. Matt Ryan - obviously, he needs everyone (else) to stay healthy. The loss of Baker can be salvaged, but he needs his two top dogs for 16 games each. No doubt in my mind he's up here if that happens.
6. Matthew Stafford - rocket arm, megatron, great backfield catchers, good support elsewhere, good schedule... I see why most have him at 4. I just see a few more picks than the others above.
7. Tony Romo - not sure why he gets dogged so much (clutch doesn't really matter in fantasy... like the Broncos game). Terrible defense, great receivers, pass happy HC...
8. Ben Roethlisberger - this new offense makes me believe in Ben, to make plays and get points with a young speedy WR group. I wouldn't be surprised if he added a few sneaky rush TD's to go along with the 30 he'll throw.
9. Jay Cutler
- I (as most) expect a career year this season. The writing is on the wall, he just has to read it for 16 weeks... I don't see a reason to be scared of him.
10. Tom Brady - mighty dependent on Gronk and maybe a little on Amendola and Edelman, because everyone else at wideout are not safe options for Tom. Luckily he has a new safety net, the rich man's Kevin Faulk, Shane Vereen.
11. Russell Wilson - so efficient, but not unleashed just yet... will this be the year?
12. RG3 - I like the "soft" schedule in September, I think it's just confidence he's lacking right now.
13. Colin Kaepernick - five great options to throw to, a great run game to respect, it's time for CK7 to step up.
14. Cam Newton - I know, I know ...he's always in the top five.
15. Nick Foles - lost his best receiver, gets another back (but for how long?), still great upside with young talent.
16. Carson Palmer - love Bruce Arians' down field scheme... and I have Michael Floyd in the top 10.
17. Phillip Rivers - last year was front loaded, as they moved to a run heavy scheme...great #2.
18. Andy Dalton - two of last year's top 5 sitting at 16 and 17, consistency speaks volumes (so does rushing QB).
19. Ryan Tannehill - very, very consistent last year (albeit in the high teens), but got better (great finish).... ?
20. Eli Manning - hard to tell, we shall see...we all know his capabilities (and lack there of), could be off the list.
21. Sam Bradford - seems to have nice surroundings and never underestimate Coach Fisher... but still limited upside.
22. Jake Locker - I don't see the run game faring out too well for Tennessee. Inaccurate, but sneaky production.
23. Alex Smith - efficiency and taking care of the ball, but no upside and no WR help for a bad Bowe.
24. Geno Smith - I'd like to put "/Vick" there too, as I'd take this "team QB" over the final eight....

...and man those final eight are terrible!

Last edited by a moderator:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice Job TKO.. disagree with more than a few, most notably Cam.. but love that you were able to overlook the BS associated with Romo and realize the talent around him and the sheer volume he'll get should easily put him top 10

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Wilson being #5 if Harvin can stay healthy all year. I probably wouldn't have Romo in my top 15 going into this year with the injury concerns. Should be interesting to see how KB and Cam come together in future seasons. I like Foles upside could easily be top 5. But that WR core reminds me of the Small, Trash days.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd swap Ryan and cutler. Ryan will have protection issues again and with two injury prone Wrs, I doubt he sniffs the top 5. I'd also move Wilson back a few spots and cam up to in front of romo. I also think rivers will finish better than 17.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Roddy White injury prone? He sprained his ankle last year and other thsn that hasn't missed a game!!!! Honestly, sometimes you talk like last year's results are this year's scripture. Injury prone? :pound:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Roddy White injury prone? He sprained his ankle last year and other thsn that hasn't missed a game!!!! Honestly, sometimes you talk like last year's results are this year's scripture. Injury prone? :pound:

Just be happy he didn't say swap Cutler and Rodgers

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TKO, you forgot to mention not to draft any QB before round 10.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

I admit, I'm still a little muddled that I skipped Rodgers in the 3rd. Coincidentally, it was you who picked Rodgers and later traded Wilson to me to fill my Eli void!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if not for Fuzzy, I'd have gotten that 10th round QB!

:doh: