• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Title Game Help?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing in 2 title games, but I don't like my matchups in one of them. Plus my opponent has very favorable matchups. I won't give you my entire lineup, but these are the "problems" at some positions:

Problem 1
Looks like I'll be without TE Cameron so I need a fill-in. Here's the "most-added" TE available:
Walker @ Jax
Pitta vs NE
H. Miller @ GB
Paulsen, Ertz and Eifert are all there too.

Problem 2
Fitz. Even if he's cleared to play, do I start him against Seattle's D? I have Edelman (@ BAL) and Crabtree (vs ATL) in reserve. Free agent pool is pretty thin and uninspiring. I actually like Edelman a lot since Gronk went down.

Problem 3
I have the Rams D/ST at home against TB plugged in for now. Very favorable. But I also have the Broncos @ HOU. The Broncos D/ST is not rated as high as the Rams, but my gut says that the Broncos D does better. In this league, it also awards D for total yards allowed. (The less the better obviously.)

Convince me one way or the other. And thanks.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Pitta this week. Flacco may need some help, and Pitta can give it.

It's hard to know what's going to happen with NE. Dobson and Thompson will both be back, and Vereen will probably see more targets than last week... so I'd be leery of Edelman. If he gets any attention at all the Pats can easily go elsewhere. I like Crabtree, who should be getting back to form with Kaep.

Can't really help with the DST, but if it's close I always go with the tougher squad (especially at home) rather than the matchup. You'd have thought the Vikes would have been pushovers last week.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitta Edelman and Denver.

NE. Has terrible coverage linebackers, and what little talent they have in the secondary will be used on Smith.
Edelman just on sheer volume of targets he's likely to get.
And Denver for the reasons You already me toned. .And I think the Texas are mailing it in

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That TE group is really a crap shoot. I can see all of them scoring and/or having over a handful of catches. I'll take Walker.

Totally agree with wil here, I'd start Crabtree against the Falcons.

DST is tricky, but I'm also in the mind set that the Broncos D has a big game after 10 days of stewing over their Thursday night loss. I just don't see the Texans gaining much of anything on offense. Rams play well at home, but I wonder if the Bucs get a few takeaways that put the Rams' D in bad field position. I wonder if VJax catches at least one bomb...

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I think Pitta is the choice. With no running game to speak of, the Ravens will need to throw in order to get down and kick field goals. :yahoo: On the Serious side, I think he will be looked upon as a prime red zone target.

2. Agree with most everyone else here - Crabtree. ATL hasn't been able to stop anyone and I have a feeling this will be Crab's coming out before the playoffs.

3, I think I'd stick with the Rams here. I'm really expecting the Denver offense to be more pissed off than the defense leading to a boatload of points. As a result, the defense will be in I don't care 'prevent' mode for too much of the game.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All interesting points.

So with some of you leaning towards Crabtree and others toward Edelman, does this mean I should bench Fitz @ SEA if he's cleared to play?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so hard to ever bench a player like Fitz, since he is a match up proof WR. But SEA's last CB standing will be all over him this weekend. I think it's a toss up between Edelman and Crabtree, I'd lean towards Edelman here. Brady will need to make plays for NWE to get the win on the road. After Amendola missed that TD catch to beat MIA last week, I think Edelman continues to ride high. Also, SF could just as easily lean on their run game all night Monday. ATL is even worse vs the run than they are vs the pass.

A fellow Cameron owner here. My top 3 this week are Pitta, Griffin (as long as Garrett Graham sits out), then Walker. Have Pitta in all 3 of my games, but will be switching one of them over to Griffin, I believe. Schaub knows how to throw to TEs, that is for sure.

Rams/Denver is a toss up. I could see what people are saying about DEN being in prevent mode and giving up garbage points in the 2nd half (which would be great for Griffin). Rams at home are almost always solid for a decent outing, and should get some heat on a rookie QB. Roll with the Rams.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitz is not a matchup proof WR. His last two games against Seattle (healthy), he has something like 3 catches and 19 yards, total. No way I'd start Fitz this week, Joe... even if he was 100%.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitz is not a matchup proof WR. His last two games against Seattle (healthy), he has something like 3 catches and 19 yards, total. No way I'd start Fitz this week, Joe... even if he was 100%.

Totally agreed here!
Palmer has helped, but Fitz hasn't returned to that kind of status.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All interesting points.

So with some of you leaning towards Crabtree and others toward Edelman, does this mean I should bench Fitz @ SEA if he's cleared to play?

Bench Fitz - I like Crabtree.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing in 2 title games, but I don't like my matchups in one of them. Plus my opponent has very favorable matchups. I won't give you my entire lineup, but these are the "problems" at some positions:

Problem 1
Looks like I'll be without TE Cameron so I need a fill-in. Here's the "most-added" TE available:
Walker @ Jax
Pitta vs NE
H. Miller @ GB
Paulsen, Ertz and Eifert are all there too.

Problem 2
Fitz. Even if he's cleared to play, do I start him against Seattle's D? I have Edelman (@ BAL) and Crabtree (vs ATL) in reserve. Free agent pool is pretty thin and uninspiring. I actually like Edelman a lot since Gronk went down.

Problem 3
I have the Rams D/ST at home against TB plugged in for now. Very favorable. But I also have the Broncos @ HOU. The Broncos D/ST is not rated as high as the Rams, but my gut says that the Broncos D does better. In this league, it also awards D for total yards allowed. (The less the better obviously.)

Convince me one way or the other. And thanks.

Walker, Crabby and the Rams for me. If the Browns are on the wire they could be a great matchup this weekend.