• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tip my cap...........

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, dude, you can't be serious. YOu calling someone else out on names? Hello, pot, it's the kettle, and you're black. Fix yourself and stay fixed for a full year before you try to run your mouth.

Best thing you can probably do is ignore rob most of the time. 90% of what he says he is just trying to piss people off. If you are here for drama, talk to rob. If you are here to talk about the Lions, just ignore him.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's almost as if some of you never watched the Lions play before. He's always been awesome. Not playing any differently this year than any other.

Rob -- are you just trying to get a rise out of people? The front office declined his 5th year option. That is how highly they think about Fairley.

Somehow, you believe he is taking on two blockers, as well as Suh every game, which is pretty much impossible, unless they are using TE's to block our DE's. I will give you, he has had times where he has played great. He has never had a full season where he has played great. As a matter of fact -- he has never played a full season while on the Lions -- he has missed 10 of his 1st 48 games with Detroit.

Detroit didn't turn down Fairley 5th year option because they wanted him to give him added incentive in a contract year. They turned it down because they don't feel he is worth 5 million. When you add in his injury history, the DUI, the Pot arrest and his weight issues -- Fairley will get a deal somewhere, but I would be shocked if it is more than a 1 or 2 year deal tops.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D-Coordinator Austin. His scheme is an attacking one that helps cover the fact the secondary has guys that should be delivering pizzas starting.

I don't care if the Packers have some injuries or not they did a great job scheming Rodgers and shutting him down.

I kind of feel like you're insulting the conference of national pizza delivery peeps

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rob -- are you just trying to get a rise out of people? The front office declined his 5th year option. That is how highly they think about Fairley.

Somehow, you believe he is taking on two blockers, as well as Suh every game, which is pretty much impossible, unless they are using TE's to block our DE's. I will give you, he has had times where he has played great. He has never had a full season where he has played great. As a matter of fact -- he has never played a full season while on the Lions -- he has missed 10 of his 1st 48 games with Detroit.

Detroit didn't turn down Fairley 5th year option because they wanted him to give him added incentive in a contract year. They turned it down because they don't feel he is worth 5 million. When you add in his injury history, the DUI, the Pot arrest and his weight issues -- Fairley will get a deal somewhere, but I would be shocked if it is more than a 1 or 2 year deal tops.

Good assessment. If Fairley has a good year, he may get a contract similar to Marcell Dareus. Which is about where I think Fairley should be. 4/yr 20 mil but without the guarentee Dareus got.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Fairley's contract should be for 4 years 20 million? Yep 4/20 sounds just about perfect for that guy!

:lol:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And this matters why? Mayhew is a proven loser, why do you all of a sudden worship his opinion?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this matters why? Mayhew is a proven loser, why do you all of a sudden worship his opinion?

Why is it that I agree with something they did, I now worship their opinion? Hell -- even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I still think the front office should have been canned last year. Doesn't mean every decision they make is terrible. Even Matt Millen has drafting Calvin Johnson going for him.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: All day, everyday. Twice on Sunday. Dude doesn't want to try until contract year? Smells like Haynesworth situation. I wouldn't mind franchising the dude though. I'll take another 1 year prove it deal.

I was saying the same thing before the game yesterday. We won't lose both of them. And I would t hate it if that's how it plays out. Rather it go another route though.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's almost as if some of you never watched the Lions play before. He's always been awesome. Not playing any differently this year than any other. He had an awesome stuff vs. the FB last time we played the Packers where he cut right through the o line and crushed him. Then there was the time he stopped himself from murdering Rogers with a German suplex after a sack. Remember?

All I remember from that guy was 1 awesome quarter against the Saints, then he got hurt. 1 awesome stop on a run play at the end of 1 game last year. Other than that, the dude has been a mirage.