• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tip my cap...........

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Fairley was the face of our franchise when he has yet to play a full season, has been arrested twice since the Lions drafted him, was actually demoted to 2nd string because of his weight and has been so inconsistent -- the Lions didn't pick up his cheap 5th year option.

Suh -- i can agree with. Fairley plays only when he feels like it. And unfortunately for the Lions -- the face of our defense would rather hit the FA market than sign an extension with us.

You making that statement is no different than Rob saying is the only one who knows something.

None of us little itty bitty pukes know the behind scene issues with this contract. One day it will come out and then we can thump our chest of being right. Until then :L

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess we will always disagree about Fairley. Dude caused a fumble that resulted in a TD and took up two blockers all day today, but still gets no love from the fans.

Guy is a freak of nature with very special, very rare God give talent. Hope he's a Lion for a very long time.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess we will always disagree about Fairley. Dude caused a fumble that resulted in a TD and took up two blockers all day today, but still gets no love from the fans.

Guy is a freak of nature with very special, very rare God give talent. Hope he's a Lion for a very long time.

If Fairley was facing a double team all game -- what was Suh facing? You can't double both of them, unless they are leaving a DE unblocked.

Look -- I think Fairley could be really good. I just think he lacks motivation and self discipline, basically lazy. He will have spurts where he looks unblockable and then games at a time where he will completely disappear.

I truly hope he does realize his potential, but up to this point, he has not. He has been so inconsistent, we didn't even pick up his 5th year option.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You making that statement is no different than Rob saying is the only one who knows something.

None of us little itty bitty pukes know the behind scene issues with this contract. One day it will come out and then we can thump our chest of being right. Until then

Agreed -- it is only my opinion. To me, if Suh wanted to stay with the Lions, a deal would have been completed before the season. It would have relieved the monster cap hit the Lions had to take this year and given the team more room to go after players to make the team better.

I think negotiations being cut off speaks volumes of what either his asking price was or the fact he wants to test the FA agent. That is just my opinion though.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could also be he's been waiting for guys like JJ Watt and Gerald McCoy to sign first. Probably get somewhere in the middle of those two. But who could blame him for wanting to test the market. Maybe if they win the North this year it will sway him, similar to how Calvin resigned after the 10-6 season.

Before that year he was asked if he would resign w the Lions and his comment was "I just want to win." Had the Lions not gone to the playoffs get year, really good chance Megatron is playing somewhere else right now.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kinda like my Slay , Rob... when he shows this for a string of games I will give him love. Too many prolonged absences last year.

IMO all 3 of us have tidbits and when added together make sweet pot of stew.

I need him wreaking havoc next week with Jets and cover up the Tully absence.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh yes...

Fairley I do not have to do shit. he got benched from the coaches and so it was not just us who saw it.

He was fat and lazy and if you choose to over look that, no way to debate with you.

Suh is the defensive face for sure. Just not worth 17 million
# :amen:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As gandy already pointed out, anyone could make a case for any one of the three. I agree with that. Suh deserves about what they make. Damn sure not double.
Double? How much do you think Atkins and McCoy make?

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Suh/Fairley tandem was as good as some seem to think, they would be completely unstoppable. I dont see them being that. Im not sure that I agree that Suh is the bonafide leader of the defense either. Looks as if some people are passing judgement and giving ranks on a game-by-game basis.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are drinking the kool aid on the Lions defensive line, especially with Fairley. As you know, I love Suh, but not sure how you believe he is on a different planet than either of those guys.

I'd be interested to hear your explanation though, on what makes Suh so much better

For what it's worth I think Suh is our best defensive player, or at least 1-A with the emergence of Levy. I wear his jersey to the games. He's a fucking beast.

No way is he worth what Watt and Quin got, though. I'm fine with paying him just a bit more than Atkins and McCoy get/got so that he can be satisfied as the highest paid DT in the league. I really don't see how it's much more complicated than that? The market has been set at both DT and DE with some big-name, top-end players inking new deals, so to me Suh's basic pay slot is right there in black and white.

I suppose that changes if you have a massive man-crush on the guy, but at least Mayhew and Lewand seem to be showing restraint in that department.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to knock these guys, but haven't they been on the team the last 4 years together? Now after a game where the defense played tremendous -- they are the face of the franchise? Suh -- I can agree with, but not as the highest paid defensive player. Fairley -- it depends on how much he wants. He has had issues with his weight, issues with injuries, off the field issues. That isn't the face of a franchise.

Pffft. Fairley is only trying because he's now in a contract year. I wouldn't touch him with a 10-foot-pole on anything but an incentives-laden contract. The minute someone gives him guaranteed money he'll Haynesworth it. I mean if he'd sign for 4 years and 15 million I'd pass without at least half the money being conditional upon performance. If 80% incentives I could see paying him $6-7MM per and he can produce or make $1.3MM as a backup.

And nobody owes Suh an apology. He's great, and I think he's the top-1 DT, not top-3, but he's just not disruptive and productive enough to warrant a contract over $13MM per. Us being the Lions I'd agree to a $1MM per blackmail premium at $14MM. If he'll sign, great. If not, it'd be pure moronic idiocy to overpay and go to cap hell, unable to assemble a competitive team. I mean only-a-guy-who-wants-to-lose-would-suggest-it kind of idiocy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pffft. Fairley is only trying because he's now in a contract year. I wouldn't touch him with a 10-foot-pole on anything but an incentives-laden contract.

:agree: All day, everyday. Twice on Sunday. Dude doesn't want to try until contract year? Smells like Haynesworth situation. I wouldn't mind franchising the dude though. I'll take another 1 year prove it deal.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean only-a-guy-who-wants-to-lose-would-suggest-it kind of idiocy.

Where does all the anger come from? You were all over Old Lion all week, calling him names just because you don't like his thread, now this. What's your problem?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude doesn't want to try until contract year?

It's almost as if some of you never watched the Lions play before. He's always been awesome. Not playing any differently this year than any other. He had an awesome stuff vs. the FB last time we played the Packers where he cut right through the o line and crushed him. Then there was the time he stopped himself from murdering Rogers with a German suplex after a sack. Remember?

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D-Coordinator Austin. His scheme is an attacking one that helps cover the fact the secondary has guys that should be delivering pizzas starting.

I don't care if the Packers have some injuries or not they did a great job scheming Rodgers and shutting him down.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's almost as if some of you never watched the Lions play before. He's always been awesome. Not playing any differently this year than any other. He had an awesome stuff vs. the FB last time we played the Packers where he cut right through the o line and crushed him. Then there was the time he stopped himself from murdering Rogers with a German suplex after a sack. Remember?

Yes Fairly has made great plays often thru his career, but then he takes the next five plays off.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say, the lions were really, really impressive yesterday, especially on defense. Holding an Aaron Rodgers' led offense to 7 points is always an accomplishment.

ps I might just be really happy that the pack got their shit kicked in twice already this year. :suds:

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where does all the anger come from? You were all over Old Lion all week, calling him names just because you don't like his thread, now this. What's your problem?

Oh, dude, you can't be serious. YOu calling someone else out on names? Hello, pot, it's the kettle, and you're black. Fix yourself and stay fixed for a full year before you try to run your mouth.