• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tim Beck to thee ohio state

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So long as he ain't in Lincoln I don't care where he runs his convoluted offense.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Just no. Has anyone thought of the fact that Ed Warinner worked alongside Tim beck at Kansas?

Winningest coach in the country. He's done it everywhere he's been.

I hate the guy, but hatred doesn't make the facts go away. In 14 seasons as a Head Coach he's averaging a 10-2 record per season. He has 2 Natty's and counting, as well as 5 Conference Titles.

Who in the hell is better?!

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, he averages 1.8 losses per season.......so I actually bumped that up to 2.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
first I was like lmao

then I realized he's gonna have good talent and staff around him and no BP handcuff his play calls and offense

don't get me wrong I don't miss him but he never had his qb to throw the ball around

I call BullShit on the bolded....

He hand picked TA and recruited him from start to finish.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i've called out beck numerous times on this board, but after watching the bowl game, i really think it was Bo holding Beck back. Bo wanted to be complex and didn't want to go at the speed Beck wanted to go. Now even in the bowl game, you could see Beck tripping over himself and calling some crappy plays, but you can't complain when the offense generated what it did. As far as OC, doesn't Urban make most of the play calls? maybe I'm wrong, but I'd think with Urban, Beck will not make as many stupid play calling mistakes.

I'm a little surprised if he was really hired to coach QBs, that was not a position developed well at NU.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I call BullShit on the bolded....

He hand picked TA and recruited him from start to finish.

Tommy wasn't our first choice remember when we were getting the stiff arm from other qbs....we went after JT from osu and Malik Zaire at ND.

Tommy isn't that qb that can consistently sling the ball Like beck loves to do and have success. he fits more a of Marshall from auburn type where he's athletics skills can excel. but that just my opinion we also no tmart wasn't beck qb either

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i've called out beck numerous times on this board, but after watching the bowl game, i really think it was Bo holding Beck back. Bo wanted to be complex and didn't want to go at the speed Beck wanted to go. Now even in the bowl game, you could see Beck tripping over himself and calling some crappy plays, but you can't complain when the offense generated what it did. As far as OC, doesn't Urban make most of the play calls? maybe I'm wrong, but I'd think with Urban, Beck will not make as many stupid play calling mistakes.

I'm a little surprised if he was really hired to coach QBs, that was not a position developed well at NU.

I believe bo was handcuff beck but my question is why hire and promote a guy if you don't believe in what he's doing. Shawn Watson left and he had some success. bo should have gotten a OC that he believes in or believe in what bo wants.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasnt Bo's fault that Beck is an inept playcaller who overthinks every down

IMO
-------
It is Bo's fault to have recruited a QB that has trouble passing:suds:

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe bo was handcuff beck but my question is why hire and promote a guy if you don't believe in what he's doing. Shawn Watson left and he had some success. bo should have gotten a OC that he believes in or believe in what bo wants.
--------
Among other reasons, I believe one of Bo's weaknesses is that he feels compelled to micro-mangage all his assistants all the time.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree with the micromanagement.

I also think Bo was reluctant to let Beck go full boar because of how bad his defense would suffer. It's why I never understood Bo's offensive philosophy. If you are a defensive coach, it would seem to me you'd want an offense that was slow and power running, so your defense had time to rest and make adjustments.

if you are going to the spread you've got to commit and just hope your defense can stop the other team enough that you win the scoring battle.