• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tigers

Lukawren24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
This is the team no one is talking about right now that I think will be a tough out in the playoffs. They are rolling right now....10 straight. I would rather face the sox or the yanks before the tigers

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had problems with the Yankees and Rays before last years playoffs! I'm not scared of anybody because I believe we're the best TEAM in the AL just like the Mavs were the best TEAM in the NBA.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone gets hot and then cools down. I'm not buying that the Tigers are going to stay hot for 15 more regular season games and then into the playoffs. If the season ended today, I wouldn't want the Rangers to face them. But come playoff time I wouldn't say I'm scared of any one team over the other. I know we're capable of beating anybody.

elziegreat42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Everyone gets hot and then cools down. I'm not buying that the Tigers are going to stay hot for 15 more regular season games and then into the playoffs. If the season ended today, I wouldn't want the Rangers to face them. But come playoff time I wouldn't say I'm scared of any one team over the other. I know we're capable of beating anybody.

if the playoffs started today who would the rangers play?

Lukawren24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If the season ended today we would play the Yanks and the Red Sox would play the Tigers

SouthPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Its hard to be a White Sox fan right now, they worked us last night too. Detroits a power house especially with Verlander and great slugging % right meow. g'luck to whoevers facing them post season.

fuck the tigers.

Lukawren24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
We had problems with the Yankees and Rays before last years playoffs! I'm not scared of anybody because I believe we're the best TEAM in the AL just like the Mavs were the best TEAM in the NBA.

Im not saying I'm scared to play the Tigers just saying that if I had my druthers I would rather face the Yanks or the Sox.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tigers always have our number. I don't like anyone's chances of beating them when they have to face Verlander twice in a 5 game series especially.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tigers have a 29-11 record since the trade deadline and since acquiring Doug Fister who has given them a solid #3. They are also 30-18 against LH pitching and they always give the Rangers a hard time at Tigers Stadium. They have pretty much ruled the roost in the Central, but their record against the West is only so so, which may may mean they have a harder time against the better RH arms. Unfortunately, both of ours are slumping. I'd rather take my chances against Boston or NY in the first round.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Tigers have a 29-11 record since the trade deadline and since acquiring Doug Fister who has given them a solid #3. They are also 30-18 against LH pitching and they always give the Rangers a hard time at Tigers Stadium. They have pretty much ruled the roost in the Central, but their record against the West is only so so, which may may mean they have a harder time against the better RH arms. Unfortunately, both of ours are slumping. I'd rather take my chances against Boston or NY in the first round.

Those thoughts are in line with mine. Hottest two teams in the AL right now are DET ... and TBR. As noted above if the post season were to begin tonight ... NYY would host TEX and DET would host BOS for the opening games.

Only way TEX sees DET would be in the ALCS ... and given TEX record @ DET it is imperative that TEX push hard to pass it for second seed. As second seed TEX would host BOS and DET would go to NYY. I like that much better.

However ... given the way TBR is playing they could easily catch BOS to become the WC ... and with 7 games remaining against NYY might even bump NYY too like last season.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why are we worrying about the Tigers or any other team but the Angels? Let's win the division first and then worry about the playoffs

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why are we worrying about the Tigers or any other team but the Angels? Let's win the division first and then worry about the playoffs

Who's worried? It's just something to talk about.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not as if the Rangers, Yankees, and Red Sox all didn't have huge winning streaks this season.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not as if the Rangers, Yankees, and Red Sox all didn't have huge winning streaks this season.

Yup, anyone can get hot, and anyone can get cold. It doesn't really matter who we play, or how we've done against them in the regular season. The playoffs is a whole different ball game, and I don't think any one team is clearly better than another this year in the AL.

Lukawren24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

You are right, but just like in any sport, you want to be clicking or playing your best at the end of the season. The tigers are clearly doing that right now as good or better than anyone.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worrying about LAA is less than worthless. It is defeatist.

If TEX focuses on catching and passing DET ... then it doesn't matter whether LAA wins or not because they will not catch TEX.

it's worthless to worry about either. play our game, win and let everyone else worry about us