• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tigers vs. Rangers IV - Gettin Back On Track Edition

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's a Cardinals/Rangers matchup in the WS I'm definitely not taking them lightly just because they squeeked in, they look pretty dangerous in the playoff games I've seen.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is still far from polished. A converted catcher and yes, he has absolutely filthy stuff. In fact, their entire bullpen excepting Rhodes have unbelievable talent. Right up there with the Rangers in my opinion. Underachieving team of the year. That is a 100 win team that barely made the playoffs and only won 90.

Man you just can't get away from Rhodes can you Ginger?

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man you just can't get away from Rhodes can you Ginger?

From what I've seen he has been very good with the Cardinals. They used him to strike out Howard a couple of times last series. But that is all LaRussa is going use him for. Come in, face 1 or 2 lefties and then come out.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards starting to remind me of 06 team except better hitting and not as good pitching.

ashcan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
that's why both teams are where they are because they're tough

Had no desire to face DET. I knew we could dispatch Tampa and prolly take out BOS with no much problem. I knew The Yankees would be the Yankees. But the Kitties from Motown scared, especially had that go the homefield. I'm just happy we're up 3-1.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The folks over at angelswin are admitting how awesome we are, it's pretty funny. Still whining about Napoli, and still claiming that the Rangers had no fans before last year.

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The folks over at angelswin are admitting how awesome we are, it's pretty funny. Still whining about Napoli, and still claiming that the Rangers had no fans before last year.

Well like with any team that starts to win I'm sure the bandwagon is starting to fill up, but we know where we've been for years. Right here baby!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well like with any team that starts to win I'm sure the bandwagon is starting to fill up, but we know where we've been for years. Right here baby!

Unfortunately you only build up a fanbase through success over time. The Rangers haven't had the history that the Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, Cardinals etc.. have. You have to start somewhere. I am okay with people jumping on the bandwagon as long as they aren't pretending they have been lifers when they get there.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately you only build up a fanbase through success over time. The Rangers haven't had the history that the Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, Cardinals etc.. have. You have to start somewhere. I am okay with people jumping on the bandwagon as long as they aren't pretending they have been lifers when they get there.

seems like most of us have been on ESPN or here for years and years

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, you build a national fanbase by winning. You build a fanbase by being a good team, that is good in the community, and is fun to watch. The Rangers have had that over the years, and has a solid local fanbase.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And switching gears, does anyone hope for a Cabrera plunking tomorrow if we are up? IT has been a fun and clean series, but he was obviously going for Naps head/face on the play at home, no care in the world for the plate. He only wanted to forearm shiver Nap. he knew he was dead in the water, so went to hurt our guy.

Now I like this series and the Detroit players. I don't like that fat tub trying to hurt our guys. Yeah yeah, it is part of the game. I'd reply that so is retribution from your pitcher the next day, that is also part of the game. Up by a few runs, late in a game, wanting to put Cabrera on anyways, so just put a changeup off his massive butt cheek.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And switching gears, does anyone hope for a Cabrera plunking tomorrow if we are up? IT has been a fun and clean series, but he was obviously going for Naps head/face on the play at home, no care in the world for the plate. He only wanted to forearm shiver Nap. he knew he was dead in the water, so went to hurt our guy.

Now I like this series and the Detroit players. I don't like that fat tub trying to hurt our guys. Yeah yeah, it is part of the game. I'd reply that so is retribution from your pitcher the next day, that is also part of the game. Up by a few runs, late in a game, wanting to put Cabrera on anyways, so just put a changeup off his massive butt cheek.

all i want is the win. don't cheapen it by head-hunting or butt-hunting. winning it at their park is a bigger slap in the face than any plunk

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, I remember several fans showing up on the ESPN board mid way through last year.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
all i want is the win. don't cheapen it by head-hunting or butt-hunting. winning it at their park is a bigger slap in the face than any plunk

Agree. No reason to give the opposition any reason to center on something to rally them. You play your standard game ... make your plays ... don't dis the opposition in your on field celebration ... say nice things in the postgame interviews ... and move on as if it were expected. TEX is after all the reigning AL Champions.

Last edited by a moderator:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. No reason to give the opposition any reason to center on something to rally them. You play your standard game ... make your plays ... don't dis the opposition in your on field celebration ... say nice things in the postgame interviews ... and move on as if it were expected. TEX is after all the reigning AL Champions.

well said

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

No. I think it was a clean play. He was doing what he had to do to knock the ball out of Nap's glove. This isn't beer league softball. This is the ALCS. :boxing:

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need dmc to start the game 5 thread... he's 3-0 so far in the ALCS...