• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tiger Woods to be DQed

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How far do you think the camera man was from the spot he dropped the ball? The depth perception from that angle isn't that beneficial. Also, do you really think he tried to go back two yards but in somehow accidentally ended up only going back 4-5 inches more than he should have?

You asked me what I think.......

I think it's crazy to look at one image and jump to conclusions and then look at another image and say there is no way you can jump to conclusions based on that image.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You asked me what I think.......

I think it's crazy to look at one image and jump to conclusions and then look at another image and say there is no way you can jump to conclusions based on that image.

Yeah, I wasn't using images to prove a point I was using images to show how they can paint a different picture. I just think the distance the cameraman was from tiger makes a huge difference. I wasn't basing my opinions on a picture, but I did base them on what he said.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I wasn't using images to prove a point I was using images to show how they can paint a different picture. I just think the distance the cameraman was from tiger makes a huge difference. I wasn't basing my opinions on a picture, but I did base them on what he said.

It could have made a difference, no doubt.

I really just don't care that he didn't get DQ'd though. I wouldn't have cared who the golfer was in that sicheation to be honest.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could have made a difference, no doubt.

I really just don't care that he didn't get DQ'd though. I wouldn't have cared who the golfer was in that sicheation to be honest.

I was upset because I thought he deserved to be DQd. It could've been Webb Simpson or Nicolas colsearts and I would've felt the same way though. Once he didn't win because of it I stopped caring. I'm still interested in the situation though

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did make the remark that he considered withdrawing. So he must have at least felt a little bit bad about it and understood that what he did was wrong.

I maintain the opinion that he did not intend to "cheat".......I think he seriously lost his head for a second while walking back-n-forth between the drop zone and the original lie and ended up doing something stupid. I really don't think he would be dumb enough to think he could get away with it right on national TV.

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did make the remark that he considered withdrawing. So he must have known what certain people wanted to hear

I maintain the opinion that he did not intend to "cheat".......I think he seriously lost his head for a second while walking back-n-forth between the drop zone and the original lie and ended up doing something stupid. I really don't think he would be dumb enough to think he could get away with it right on national TV.

fixed

kind of like when people give public apologies after getting in trouble

Category 5o

Errday Trollin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was upset because I thought he deserved to be DQd. It could've been Webb Simpson or Nicolas colsearts and I would've felt the same way though. Once he didn't win because of it I stopped caring. I'm still interested in the situation though

Are you upset because you think UNC should suffer major sanctions?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol.....perhaps.

I seriously thought it looked like he was playing ill the rest of the way out though. I think it had an impact on him.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did make the remark that he considered withdrawing. So he must have at least felt a little bit bad about it and understood that what he did was wrong.

He didnt intend to cheat. And he shouldn't have DQd himself.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you upset because you think UNC should suffer major sanctions?

For what exactly? I didn't know the school officials or anyone associated with the school or the NCAA found violations that would've suggested worse sanctions

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This^^^

That play definitely rattled him, which is weird he maintains his composure better than anyone usually.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I first saw that picture on a tour pro's fb page.. He was blaming this whole thing on allowing people that call in to make an impact on decisions. 2 shots wouldnt have made a difference but the problem is people were in an uproar bc they thought he should have been dq'd for something that wasnt even originally ruled to be an infraction & may not have even been a violation of the rules.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I first saw that picture on a tour pro's fb page.. He was blaming this whole thing on allowing people that call in to make an impact on decisions. 2 shots wouldnt have made a difference but the problem is people were in an uproar bc they thought he should have been dq'd for something that wasnt even originally ruled to be an infraction & may not have even been a violation of the rules.

Yeah, I understand exactly what you're trying to say. But, the rule isn't applied that way. The rule is to have players not disqualified when they are "unaware of the factual circumstances of a breach". Tiger was aware of the factual circumstances of the violation.

"The disqualification penalty still applies for score card breaches that arise from ignorance of the Rules of Golf. As such, this decision reinforces that it is still the responsibility of the player to know the Rules".

Disqualification is waived if a "competitor could not reasonably have known or discovered the facts resulting in his breach of the Rules." --> Meaning if a slow motion replay shows that he made contact with a leaf in his backswing in the hazard (Carl Petterson) or his ball moved ever so slightly and it couldn't be seen with the naked eye (Padraig Harrington).

Please help me understand how the fact that they didn't rule it a violation initially is important. If a player moves his ball around in the woods so he can hit a shot, and the official doesn't notice it the first time he looks at a replay, is the player not going to be penalized if he knows he moved the ball?

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he did actually take an illegal drop (which it looks like he did) it would be a 2 shot penalty.

The competition committee apparently reviewed the issue while he was playing & ruled that it wasnt an infraction.. officials miss calls every day. He signed his card without any issue. Game over, right? not exactly in golf.

so he proceeds to talk about his shot in an interview & says exactly what he was thinking at the time of the shot. did he feel like he dropped as close to the spot as possible? Dont know & doubt he will ever talk about individual shots again now.

well... someone didnt like what he said on tv & called in on it. it opens up a new can of worms.. NOW watching that drop knowing what Tiger said changes what you see.. Did he drop close enough? Hard to know, it doesnt say in the rules how close you need to be (bet you see the rule rewritten now to tell you exactly how far) Now what? The competition committe has already figured no penalty & he signed his card... whats the right thing to do? They call him in, ask him if what he said is what he tried to do & in order to protect the field they give him the penalty. in order to protect him for the rules committee's fuck up,.they dont dq him for an incorrect scorecard

now... if that picture truly does show that he did drop correctly... everyone failed. Tiger may not have truly known exactly where he dropped that ball & ultimately admitted to doing something he didnt do. That divot that everyone saw might not have even been his first one. id love to go back & see if it was there when he hit the first shot.

The problem is that the officials are listening to armchair rules officials.. Stick to the judgement that you made & run with it. no other sport allows its officials to change their mind after the game is over & certainly not based on what someone who calls in thinks about the outcome.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he did actually take an illegal drop (which it looks like he did) it would be a 2 shot penalty.

The competition committee apparently reviewed the issue while he was playing & ruled that it wasnt an infraction.. officials miss calls every day. He signed his card without any issue. Game over, right? not exactly in golf.

so he proceeds to talk about his shot in an interview & says exactly what he was thinking at the time of the shot. did he feel like he dropped as close to the spot as possible? Dont know & doubt he will ever talk about individual shots again now.

well... someone didnt like what he said on tv & called in on it. it opens up a new can of worms.. NOW watching that drop knowing what Tiger said changes what you see.. Did he drop close enough? Hard to know, it doesnt say in the rules how close you need to be (bet you see the rule rewritten now to tell you exactly how far) Now what? The competition committe has already figured no penalty & he signed his card... whats the right thing to do? They call him in, ask him if what he said is what he tried to do & in order to protect the field they give him the penalty. in order to protect him for the rules committee's fuck up,.they dont dq him for an incorrect scorecard

now... if that picture truly does show that he did drop correctly... everyone failed. Tiger may not have truly known exactly where he dropped that ball & ultimately admitted to doing something he didnt do. That divot that everyone saw might not have even been his first one. id love to go back & see if it was there when he hit the first shot.

The problem is that the officials are listening to armchair rules officials.. Stick to the judgement that you made & run with it. no other sport allows its officials to change their mind after the game is over & certainly not based on what someone who calls in thinks about the outcome.

I don't see how not DQing protected him from a rules committee error. It seems like it protected him from a preventable mistake he made. Are you saying if it weren't for the guy calling in before his post round comment he most certainly would have been DQd? It is not the job of rules officials to call all penalties on players. If they had one official for every golfer it would be different.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The USGA official that I talked to on Sunday said there is no doubt in his mind that tiger would have been dq'd if the fan didnt call in. im not so sure about why exactly he thought that bu he is up.there in the usga

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The USGA official that I talked to on Sunday said there is no doubt in his mind that tiger would have been dq'd if the fan didnt call in. im not so sure about why exactly he thought that bu he is up.there in the usga

Okay that's what I thought, I even suggested that was the case in one of the threads. I still am surprised he wasn't though