• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday s game.....

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news is McManus looks like he found his "groove"

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  1. I couldn't watch the game, but I am now seeing the highlights

Oz 's rollouts are a thing of beauty

Ball averages 1.7 yads per carry ?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barrett and Fowler really took leaps between their first and second years.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say Montee Ball is playing more like a Nerf ball.
I like what I'm seeing from Ray, and definitely have more confidence in Oz.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely some good and some bad from this game. The good is seeing some of our young guys step up to secure their spots on the roster. To me Fowler and Barrett are completely safe. Bibbs made a nice push to make the roster as well.

I will say though this did not look good for the 2013 draft for the Broncos. As great of a track record as Elway has at GM his 2013 draft is by far his worst. By the end of the day maybe only 2 of the 7 picks are still on the team in Sly Williams and Kayvon Webster. Hopefully Sly can become that dominant NT that we need in this defense. IF so then it helps me feel a bit better about this draft but otherwise not much to get excited about.

Some interesting observations from this one is looks like Jordan Norwood is for sure on the team possibly as our 3rd WR. He did not play in this game yet we saw Caldwell and Latimer in this game. My how Latimer has fallen down the depth chart over these last couple of weeks. IT seems like the team was hoping to see something out of him this game and he still came up empty.

Final observation is that the ILB spot might be the toughest cuts of the day. I could see 2 of the guys we cut at this position getting picked up pretty quick after we cut them. IT is amazing to me that we can go from the ILB position being such a question mark before preseason started to now too many great players at one position.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh also I think this game secured that we will either trade or pick up another OT. Schofield just had his worst game of his career. He had actually had a pretty good preseason so far grading out positively but he really struggled in this one when we needed him to step up and show he deserves to be our swing tackle.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Strange game. Watched 1st half on "gamecast" and then just now looked at box score of game. Denver had 5 sacks yet Arizona never punted once???? That means the D didn't look so good on 3rd downs in this one. Barrett,Ray and Davis looked good looks like. Bibbs not too many touches but did avg 4.3 I believe. Ball.....well obviously by his dismal avg, not good at all. 3 sacks on Siemian. I did record this gm ( nflnetwork later today) but not sure I need to see much more than 1st half :). Well good news is I haven`t heard of any significant injuries,so that`s good. Well....on to the Ravens Denver. Be sharp and aggressive boys!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Strange game. Watched 1st half on "gamecast" and then just now looked at box score of game. Denver had 5 sacks yet Arizona never punted once???? That means the D didn't look so good on 3rd downs in this one. Barrett,Ray and Davis looked good looks like. Bibbs not too many touches but did avg 4.3 I believe. Ball.....well obviously by his dismal avg, not good at all. 3 sacks on Siemian. I did record this gm ( nflnetwork later today) but not sure I need to see much more than 1st half :). Well good news is I haven`t heard of any significant injuries,so that`s good. Well....on to the Ravens Denver. Be sharp and aggressive boys!

They actually punted twice in the 1st half. They punted on their first drive after Shaq Barrett sacks Sims. They then forced a 3 and out on the next drive. The next drive they forced a fumble on 3rd down so I would say the first 3 drives they did just fine. After that is when they started taking out a lot of the 2nd team and putting in the 3rd team if I remember right. I would also add we stopped them like 3 other times on 3rd down but Barrett jumped offsides a couple of times and we had a pass interference on another.

As for the RB battle. I'm hoping Bibbs makes it over Ball now. He showed he deserves it with how he played.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They actually punted twice in the 1st half. They punted on their first drive after Shaq Barrett sacks Sims. They then forced a 3 and out on the next drive. The next drive they forced a fumble on 3rd down so I would say the first 3 drives they did just fine. After that is when they started taking out a lot of the 2nd team and putting in the 3rd team if I remember right. I would also add we stopped them like 3 other times on 3rd down but Barrett jumped offsides a couple of times and we had a pass interference on another.

As for the RB battle. I'm hoping Bibbs makes it over Ball now. He showed he deserves it with how he played.

My bad Cd. I saw the stat that Denver had NO returns and didn't figure that they could of been "unreturnable" or penalties. :doh: !!! :) Someday I`am going to get the hang of this game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad Cd. I saw the stat that Denver had NO returns and didn't figure that they could of been "unreturnable" or penalties. :doh: !!! :) Someday I`am going to get the hang of this game.

Haha their punter actually did a great job so I don't think we had a single return last night. Thankfully we had a guy who caught every single punt though. First game we have had that.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh also I think this game secured that we will either trade or pick up another OT. Schofield just had his worst game of his career. He had actually had a pretty good preseason so far grading out positively but he really struggled in this one when we needed him to step up and show he deserves to be our swing tackle.
What is it with Schofield? I honestly don't know what Elway saw in him. Greg was our resident expert on all things offensive line related, so I really wish he was here. It seems like he's way out of position. Everything from his feet to him having short arms. He looks almost off balance. He might be suited better as a G but I question that even. I'm pretty sure that draft pick was a swing and miss

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do we keep Shaq on the field? This guy is playing like he's set on fire. It's incredible watching him.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is it with Schofield? I honestly don't know what Elway saw in him. Greg was our resident expert on all things offensive line related, so I really wish he was here. It seems like he's way out of position. Everything from his feet to him having short arms. He looks almost off balance. He might be suited better as a G but I question that even. I'm pretty sure that draft pick was a swing and miss

He was brought in to play RT. When at Michigan he was all around solid. Not great but solid. Yes we overdrafted him for some reason. As for his problem last night he played too shallow. His biggest thing was he didn't want to be beat to the inside so he gave up the outside and well it just did not end well. He was too afraid to give up the quick pressure and then just gave up pressure anyway. He just can't be our swing tackle to play LT. I have said before that if Sambrailo goes down Schofield is not the guy who replaces him. It would be right now Ryan Harris moving over and Schofield then going to RT. So he isn't a true Swing Tackle in my opinion and why the team will bring in somebody else.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do we keep Shaq on the field? This guy is playing like he's set on fire. It's incredible watching him.

His biggest problem is that he is behind one of the best players in the league. Von Miller is not coming off the field especially in pass rush situations. My guess is the 3rd OLB on the field also will be Shane Ray since he is the 1st round pick. So Barrett unless there is an injury probably only plays special teams and maybe 15% of snaps on defense.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monte Ball pretty much has no chance to make the team especially after last night, if we keep 4 RB's the final one will be Kapri Bibbs. I could also see us sneaking Siemian onto the PS without someone picking him up since he didn't play that well last night.

I think our 6 WR's will be DT, Sanders, Latimer, Caldwell, Norwood, and Benny Fowler. If we keep 7 then Isiah Burse since he is our best return man.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Caldwell was going to be a goner this year, but there he is every year. His teammates seem to like him - which is a good sign. I like the Duffman's list above - I hope it works out that way.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos lead the preseason in yards given up, forced fumbles, sacks. They also had the leading AFC rusher in Hillman and leader in sack with Barrett! Not a bad set of stats

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Caldwell was going to be a goner this year, but there he is every year. His teammates seem to like him - which is a good sign. I like the Duffman's list above - I hope it works out that way.
I think Manning is his biggest allie. Funny though how he seems to always show up decent in preseason then kind of disappears in reg season. He definitely out played most of wrs up to this point. Go Bubba Go ! :)