• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thurmond or Browner ?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not know of one poster on this board that doesn't know Thurmond is injury prone. If you did not know then you are not a Seahawks fan. Injury prone or not, even Sherman has straight up said Thurmond is the best CB on the team.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody on this board doubts Thurmond skills, we do worry about his health. Browner has been good for us and right know he's going thru a tough patch. Lets give it some time, you don't want to bail on someone to quickly. If it a health question for Browner, then yes, sit him, otherwise let him have a bit of lee way to work it out. I think he's earned that much.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what i think brandon browners problem is is that refs are really starting to crack down on pass interference calls especially with him and when he plays off the ball he gets burned by the smaller quicker recievers TY HILTON as a huge example. but i would still keep him in against the bigger recievers or against reciever type TEs like jimmy graham in the monday nighter against NO. I think of thurmond as an avg corner on a team with a great secondary

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Thurmond was the best CB on the team he would be playing in Sherman's spot.

yeah? and that's why Sherman was 3rd string before injuries forced him to start? Your thinking is flawed and has been proven by the players on the team you root for lol. Also i am just stating what Sherman HIMSELF has said in interviews. He himself said Thurmond was a straight up baller and the best CB on the team. But lets look at the problem here with him becoming a starter next to Sherman. He would have to replace Browner and be removed from the nickle. Who has the skill to play the nickle as good as him? no one, so the lesser of two evils would be keep him at nickle and allow a former probowler to continue to play at CB.

All i am saying is Thurmond > Browner At CB but Browner at CB Thurmond at nickle > Thurmond at CB Maxwell/Browner at nickle because Thurmond is much better than those two when up against slot WR's and neither of those two can play as well in the nickle.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah? and that's why Sherman was 3rd string before injuries forced him to start? Your thinking is flawed and has been proven by the players on the team you root for lol. Also i am just stating what Sherman HIMSELF has said in interviews. He himself said Thurmond was a straight up baller and the best CB on the team. But lets look at the problem here with him becoming a starter next to Sherman. He would have to replace Browner and be removed from the nickle. Who has the skill to play the nickle as good as him? no one, so the lesser of two evils would be keep him at nickle and allow a former probowler to continue to play at CB.

All i am saying is Thurmond > Browner At CB but Browner at CB Thurmond at nickle > Thurmond at CB Maxwell/Browner at nickle because Thurmond is much better than those two when up against slot WR's and neither of those two can play as well in the nickle.

Dude no need to get hostile over it.

My point is that the coaches know more than Richard Sherman. I love the guy but he has a tendency to say stupid things. That may actually be his opinion, but it is clearly not the opinion of the coaching staff, who I trust a lot more than Richard Sherman.

When Trufant went down they moved Sherman into the #1 CB spot. It did not take him long to prove his ability, the same cannot be said for Thurmond.

Seatown27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks gave up quite a few points in the games Browner started. I say start Thurmond.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude no need to get hostile over it.

My point is that the coaches know more than Richard Sherman. I love the guy but he has a tendency to say stupid things. That may actually be his opinion, but it is clearly not the opinion of the coaching staff, who I trust a lot more than Richard Sherman.

When Trufant went down they moved Sherman into the #1 CB spot. It did not take him long to prove his ability, the same cannot be said for Thurmond.

Hostile? not likely. If you thought my post was hostile then you need a diaper change because you are acting like a baby lol. I was just making a point, nothing hostile about my post. Why do so many of you have such very THIN skin and assume everyone is attacking you when they are just making points or showing facts?

this is not the ESPN board people :lol:

When Tru went down THURMOND was moved into the starting line-up not Sherman, When Thurmond got injured ( broken ankle ) Sherman was promoted to starter

Last edited by a moderator:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Thurmond has played well but I get the impression a lot of you seem to forget the fact that Thurmond is one of the most injury prone players on this team.

In college with the Ducks, at times he looked like a possible first round talent but did not go until the 4th round to the Seahawks due to injury concerns, rightfully so. Since Thurmond came to Seattle he has had injury, after injury, after injury.

A lot of you who were not around prior to 2012 don't realize this.

Before tossing Browner aside for Thurmond you might want to consider the fact that Thurmond has never played an entire season with the Seahawks without at least one injury, which is extremely concerning.

Be careful what you wish for.

Browner will likely continue to struggle against the smaller/quicker WRs but he is as good as it gets against the WRs who are bigger and more physical. When you're as big as Browner is you're not going to be able to change directions as quickly a Kendall Wright or Cecil Shorts.

IMO despite the few times he has been burned Browner has been solid. If you want to replace him with Thurmond, that's your opinion, just be careful what you wish for because Thurmond is quite possibly the most injury prone player on our roster.

Not replace him... But allow him to heal up if he's not 100 percent... I don't think anyone wants to toss Browner aside! He's a beast ... But as long as Thurmond can stay healthy the guy is very talented and has been a solid guy out there...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not replace him... But allow him to heal up if he's not 100 percent... I don't think anyone wants to toss Browner aside! He's a beast ... But as long as Thurmond can stay healthy the guy is very talented and has been a solid guy out there...

I totally agree with you boogie

I look at the Hawks Pass defense when Thurmond was starting and the scoring Defense and this team was much better. Once Browner started they have dropped and teams have put up a lot more passing yards. Browner is a beast of a CB but he is not a cover guy. Until our Pass rush can get pressure and not rely on the coverage to allow them time to get pressure i think Thurmond is the better starter also. Browner can not stick to a guy once they break the press. I do not believe Browner is 100% and saw Thurmond balling and was afraid of losing his job so he came back a little early.

Last edited by a moderator:

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Browner wasn't drafted because he lacked speed. Solid press coverage against bigger receivers masks
the deficiency.

I'm not sure what we should do but he can't run with speed or quick route runners. :noidea:
O-Co's should continue to attack BB until he proves he can hang and not have PI penalties.