• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thunder - This is It

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newbie to the board but love the NBA and the Thunder. Interested in what non-biased fans that have watched the Thunder this season think. I truly think this is the year. The 2nd team has become possible the best in the league instead of the worst in a year and the big 3 are just rolling. Really hope everyone can stay healthy because it's going to be fun to watch.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless HOU moves Asik for Bass and Greene I really like OKC coming out of the West, I loved them last year and then Westbrook was injured, very tough break.

As for winning it all, I like them over the Pacers but not the Heat, matchups things. They can play big with Indy and out shoot them but they are not big enough to play with Miami and Miami out shots them and has better D.

As for your long term status as a contender, I question that because your owner seems to keep shipping off pieces? I still think Harden should be your PG and Westbrook the SG, that would be a sick line up.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My non-bias opinion is they are stupid to still play Kendrick Perkins. He sucks at damn near everything. More minutes for Steven "Everyone wants to fight me" Adams.

Also, as great as KD and Westbrook are, and they are great (especially KD), I can't see them winning a championship this year with that roster. It's just not talented enough imo. Guys like Jackson and Lamb still need more polish while guys like Perkins and Fisher need to be polished off. They desperately need a true 3rd option. Not an all star like Harden, but a guy just a tad under all star level to help ease the burden.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think Ibaka is emerging as that 3rd option? I know Perkins starts but the lineup that has been finishing games includes Reggie Jackson and sometimes Jeremy Lamb and they are looking strong. I think by playoff time Adams is going to be ready to play more minutes and I just think the big 3 are going to carry them. Hope I'm right.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Harden had to go, financially it just was not going to work. If Reggie Jackson can be signed past next season I really think this team has a great future and can stay near the salary cap. Perkins will be amnestied after this season, I'm pretty sure of that.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ibaka is a nice player, would love to have him on a team. I just don't think he's good enough offensively to be a true 3rd option. I'm thinking a player like David Lee, Evan Turner, Thad Young; someone in that mold would be perfect. I'm talking contributions, not if OKC could actually get them. Basically a starting player that can carry the load offensively if KD or Westbrook is out or having an off night. We all saw just how dreadful OKC's offense was without Westbrook last year.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ibaka scored the first 13 points of the game last night, I just wish he would realize how strong he is and develop a better post game. Brooks actually says that on some days it is truly debatable in practice whether KD or Ibaka is the better shooter though.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing though, he doesn't bring it every night. There are lots of guys out there like that. Its the difference in being a good player and an all star caliber player. If he did, I agree, he'd be that true 3rd option. I just don't see it yet.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Thunder screwed up when they gave Ibaka that extension, giving them no choice but to trade Harden. Imo, they went from next in line to win the title, to one of the teams that has a really good shot

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless HOU moves Asik for Bass and Greene I really like OKC coming out of the West, I loved them last year and then Westbrook was injured, very tough break.

As for winning it all, I like them over the Pacers but not the Heat, matchups things. They can play big with Indy and out shoot them but they are not big enough to play with Miami and Miami out shots them and has better D.

As for your long term status as a contender, I question that because your owner seems to keep shipping off pieces? I still think Harden should be your PG and Westbrook the SG, that would be a sick line up.

Thunder are not big enough to play with Miami??

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if golden state meets them in the playoffs they could give them a run

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OKC are big enough but their big guys don't play like big guys. Ibaka play like Bosh and Perk flat out suck. They usually rely on the perimeter to beat teams.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he means having the ability to exploit Miami's flaw similar to what Indiana does really well by feeding the two monsters known as West and Hibbert. Unfortunately for OKC, they rely on athleticism and perimeter shooting to beat teams. Problem is, Miami's more talented and has a better defensive system set in place. It's all about matchups - If OKC can get past San Antonio and Portland (who would've thought?) and get Indiana, then they have a shot. But if they meet Miami in the Finals then it will be Miami in five....again.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he means having the ability to exploit Miami's flaw similar to what Indiana does really well by feeding the two monsters known as West and Hibbert. Unfortunately for OKC, they rely on athleticism and perimeter shooting to beat teams. Problem is, Miami's more talented and has a better defensive system set in place. It's all about matchups - If OKC can get past San Antonio and Portland (who would've thought?) and get Indiana, then they have a shot. But if they meet Miami in the Finals then it will be Miami in five....again.

:10:

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Adams should start

And get at least twice as many minutes as Perk. 3 times might be better even though
this year's Perk seems to be healthier than last year's. Perk just never has been able to defend
quick people whatever their size.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you have not watched the Thunder much this season it appears. Lot of season to go, looking forward to the Spurs game Saturday night.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't even a contest in San Antonio. This team is on a mission.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you have not watched the Thunder much this season it appears. Lot of season to go, looking forward to the Spurs game Saturday night.

In case you didn't know, I grew up in OKC but have lived in Boston for a long time
now. I know what I'm talking about where former Celtics are concerned.

Perk was ALWAYS better at guarding broad-shouldered types than quick ones.