• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Throwbacks?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Sunday the Hawks are honoring the 1983 playoff team with members from said team to be in attendance. They will hold something for them at halftime of the game. If ever there was a time to bring out the throwback uni its this game.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Sunday the Hawks are honoring the 1983 playoff team with members from said team to be in attendance. They will hold something for them at halftime of the game. If ever there was a time to bring out the throwback uni its this game.

I would love to see the old silver helmets and pants with bright blue shirts once more...but don't make it a regular occurance, they are/were pretty ugly.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see the old silver helmets and pants with bright blue shirts once more...but don't make it a regular occurance, they are/were pretty ugly.

I think those classic uniforms are way better then what we have now.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That can't happen. NFL passed a rule not allowing teams to use alternate helmets. I read an article about that recently when Tampa bay had the kaibash put on their old creamsicle throw back.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That can't happen. NFL passed a rule not allowing teams to use alternate helmets. I read an article about that recently when Tampa bay had the kaibash put on their old creamsicle throw back.

Yeah, I heard the same report about the Bucs, but didn't Green Bay wear their "throwback" jerseys this past game?

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hear Largent himself will be in the building.

If he hoists the 12 that place is gonna go off like a gas tanker hitting the sun!

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lime green.. God what were they thinking?!

Hoping it's something like this..

Attachments

• seahawks2000home.jpg
    seahawks2000home.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 76

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you are wrong. With a "throwback" they can have a different helmet color. The only thing they can not do is have a alternate helmet for the normal uniforms, Which is BS because of how many times the Steelers wore their "yellow" helmet.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't the Pats wear their old logo helmets recently? I could've sworn I saw that.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are wrong. With a "throwback" they can have a different helmet color. The only thing they can not do is have a alternate helmet for the normal uniforms, Which is BS because of how many times the Steelers wore their "yellow" helmet.

Um, well heres the article
New NFL rule means Buccaneers can?t wear retro ?creamsicle? jerseys | For The Win

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/09/tampa-bay-buccaneers-retro-creamsicle-jerseys-nfl-rule/
“While we regret that our players will not be able to don the ‘Bucco Bruce’ helmet and traditional orange, red and white uniforms, there simply was no acceptable way to meet the requirements of the new policy while staying true to the spirit of our throwback theme.”

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New NFL rule means Buccaneers can?t wear retro ?creamsicle? jerseys | For The Win

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/09/tampa-bay-buccaneers-retro-creamsicle-jerseys-nfl-rule/
“While we regret that our players will not be able to don the ‘Bucco Bruce’ helmet and traditional orange, red and white uniforms, there simply was no acceptable way to meet the requirements of the new policy while staying true to the spirit of our throwback theme.”

If that's the reason, then it's complete BS because there are plenty of players whose regular helmets don't fit their heads well enough (or aren't properly secured) to stay on their heads. If the league wants to tab this as a safety issue, then perhaps they should do something about the players whose everyday helmets can't seem to stay on. If they don't, then this rule is going to continue to look really dumb.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's the reason, then it's complete BS because there are plenty of players whose regular helmets don't fit their heads well enough (or aren't properly secured) to stay on their heads. If the league wants to tab this as a safety issue, then perhaps they should do something about the players whose everyday helmets can't seem to stay on. If they don't, then this rule is going to continue to look really dumb.

What about any of the NFLS recent decisions makes you feel they are concerned about looking dumb?

They care about 2 things. Making boat loads of money....not getting sued and having to pay out the boat loads of money....

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

again like i said you are wrong. This is not about the color but the fit. If they change out the shell of a helmet with the same shell size and type the fit will be the same. Anyone who has played football knows that all the padding inside the helmet is REMOVABLe. So replacing the blue shell with the same sized and style silver shell would mean the "same fit".

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about any of the NFLS recent decisions makes you feel they are concerned about looking dumb?

They care about 2 things. Making boat loads of money....not getting sued and having to pay out the boat loads of money....

Good point.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes

Part 1 - They have always made boatloads of money so not the most important part
Part 2 - the real truth - The players, the union and ex-players are to blame for the safety concerns in the NFL, not the corporate entity of the NFL, they are just doing what any business would do. Protecting their ass-ets.

I still can't wait to see the thousands and thousands of college players who are going to sue the NCAA for the same thing and bring the slave development clubs of the NFL to their knees. Greedy lawyers, and greedy players who freely chose to play a violent sport and most likely chose to play hurt.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again like i said you are wrong. This is not about the color but the fit. If they change out the shell of a helmet with the same shell size and type the fit will be the same. Anyone who has played football knows that all the padding inside the helmet is REMOVABLe. So replacing the blue shell with the same sized and style silver shell would mean the "same fit".

Wow I maybe reading your tone wrong but dial it back a notch or two skippy. Did you read the article? You in fact are wrong.

If it was easy as you said then why did they say there is: