• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Three games in eleven days

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was by far the toughest stretch it seems now,or for now,but to come away at 6-1 and missing so many on the O-Line is very impressive.

One thing we are starting to see that i predicted we would on that other forum after we signed Bennett and Avril is the sack count will go UP.

People from both TB and DET said yah who cares about that guy,i kept repeating it isnt just "That Guy" it is those guys.

Yah see with the best backfield in football it means the QB's have to spend a little extra time in the pocket holding on to the ball.
Then you throw in our new improved rushing and this is exactly the sack numbers i believe we will start seeing and it plays nicely against pocket passer's,because let's be honest most teams of the NFL in general today throw the ball a ton and Carroll and Schnieder have created a D now that is a juggernaut against those teams,dont believe the numbers thus far because things are about to get real interesting imo.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After 3 in 11 days now we get a 10 day break, essentially a mini bye.

Its nice to have the depth on Dline because they were able to rotate guys in and out in the Titan game and keep them more fresh for last night. Most of those 7 sacks came with just the 4 man rush.

I have been super impressed with Malcolm Smith the last couple of weeks in Wagner's absence. KJ has been great in the middle as well. Gonna be tough for everyone to get playing time but it also keeps everyone fresh.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The future looks bright for the Seahawks. First half of the season looked the hardest and the Seahawks are 6-1. I see 49ers fans looking at our schedule trying to figure where the Seahawks may stumble, they end up mumbling that the schedule looks easy from here forth. Really sucks to be behind a team( like the Seahawks) and not seeing where your team can catch up. The 49ers better start looking to see if they can grab a wild card spot.:lol:

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The future looks bright for the Seahawks. First half of the season looked the hardest and the Seahawks are 6-1. I see 49ers fans looking at our schedule trying to figure where the Seahawks may stumble, they end up mumbling that the schedule looks easy from here forth. Really sucks to be behind a team( like the Seahawks) and not seeing where your team can catch up. The 49ers better start looking to see if they can grab a wild card spot.:lol:

We can catch up in Dec with our head to head. We have the tie breaker with SOS.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would require the 49ers keeping pace with the Seahawks. Every game for the 49ers will be something the 49ers fans sweat about. You got the Titans on the road Sunday...you worried at all?

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tie break procedures

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs). (Hawks 1-0)
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division. (Hawks 2-0, 49ers 2-1)
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games. (All will be the same except throw out our Giant/Vikings games and their Packer/Redskin games)
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference. (Hawks 3-0, 49ers 3-1
  5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
Basically the only way SOS comes into play is if both teams win out. Division record will be huge so next week against the Rams is huge as is 49ers game at Arizona later, assuming both win the home games and finish 5-1 in division. The Saints game could be huge as well as we get them at home and 49ers get them on the road. The Saints game seems to be the toughest game left for both teams besides when they play each other.

Since the remaining schedule is NFC games it makes every week important. Even if the Niners lose this week it will be out of conference, on the road and not hurt them too bad.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strength of victory probably would favor the Niners since the Giants and Vikings are a combined 1-10, 2-11 after this week

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to look past the Rams. They're playing below their talent level and at some point they're going to break out. We had problems with their pass rush to close out last year. I have a feeling it's going to be even worse next Monday.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kaepernick cannot play against the Seahawks, that is now a well established fact.

I wouldn't be so sure.

Colin Kaepernick against Seattle:
2012: 13-28 (46%) 127 yards 0 TD 3 INT 3-29 LOSS
2013: 19-36 (52%) 244 yards 1 TD 1 INT 13-42 LOSS
Total: 32-64 (50%) 371 yards 1 TD 4 INT 16-71 (0-2)

When you have a QB who consistently throws to his first read (Boldin) and that first read is covered by Richard Sherman, you're going to have a problem.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to look past the Rams. They're playing below their talent level and at some point they're going to break out. We had problems with their pass rush to close out last year. I have a feeling it's going to be even worse next Monday.

Well, that's something about the rest of our schedule. There's several teams who have not played up to their talent level this season. New York and Atlanta are both playing much worse than I expected them to. Just because they've been bad thus far doesn't mean they won't be able to put a good game together against Seattle. So, really, there really isn't a team we could look past.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, really, there really isn't a team we could look past.

Every game left is in conference and could have tie breaker consequences down the road so I agree its important we dont look past anyone and play good ball