• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 team ppr:

QB: Andrew Luck
RB1: CJ Spiller
RB2: Demarco Murray
RB/WR: Vincent Brown
WR1: Danny Amendola
WR2: Golden Tate
TE: Kyle Rudolph (until Gronk gets back)
D: Steelers
K: Shayne Graham

Bench:
Rob Gronkowski
Montee Ball
Chris Ivory
Ryan Broyles
Shonn Greene
Andy Dalton

So my initial thoughts are this is an unbelivably high risk/high reward team. It is littered with guys that historically always hurt as well as a couple of flyers on "sleepers". If Amendola can stay healthy he becomes Welker 2.0, Spiller and Murray when healthy are studs, hopefully Gronk comes back sooner than later. Vincent Brown I figure, somebody has to catch passes in SD right? He's basically their only real wideout.

Montee Ball, Broyles and Chris Ivory I hope wind up being pleasant surprises. Shonn Greene was a late round, fuck it nobody else is really left, maybe Chris Johnson gets hurt and this guy can get some touches, pick.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looking weak at WR - other than that, very solid options. Always able to find a couple of WR2/3 guys off of waivers. Not sure you have enough firepower to land a WR1 in a trade, so stay active on the wire this year. Maybe drop Rudolph for a guy that is breaking out, once Gronk gets healthy

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looking weak at WR - other than that, very solid options. Always able to find a couple of WR2/3 guys off of waivers. Not sure you have enough firepower to land a WR1 in a trade, so stay active on the wire this year. Maybe drop Rudolph for a guy that is breaking out, once Gronk gets healthy

In prior years the running backs fly off the board so I went a bit heavier on the runnings backs with exactly your logic in mind. Did anybody draft Cobb last year? What was he top 5/10 in most leagues? If guys top backs go down I could probably move a mediocre back for a quality wideout. Also hoping for big things out of Golden Tate.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of your team... your just not good enough at WR... Yes if gronk comes back and can play like he has then you may win games... I just think you reached for murray in the 2nd round, you sacrificed your WR... You could/should have picked a WR with the second round pick which i am assuming you picked 2nd or third.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of your team... your just not good enough at WR... Yes if gronk comes back and can play like he has then you may win games... I just think you reached for murray in the 2nd round, you sacrificed your WR... You could/should have picked a WR with the second round pick which i am assuming you picked 2nd or third.

Top tier RBs are too vital in this league, no shot you get a quality back in the late 3rd/4th. Gronk is realistically my number 1 receiver and Amendola is my number 2. You're right though, a lot of it depends on Gronk's health and him performing the way he did pre injury. Murray will be a stud while healthy.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just feel like you sacrificed your whole team to get RBs... are you hoping for trades?? i have learned not to draft players hoping to trade, it just never works out the way you plan...

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just feel like you sacrificed your whole team to get RBs... are you hoping for trades?? i have learned not to draft players hoping to trade, it just never works out the way you plan...

The league I'm in has a tendency to devour any and all running backs early and then people essentially hold them for ransom later on down the road when people's starters inevitably get injured. The way I look at it is it's a whole lot easier to trade for a quality receiver or get one off the waiver wire later on than it is to get dependable running backs. It's a gamble for sure.

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not very high on Spiller this year, until the Bills get their QB situation fixed....the rest of the offense will suffer greatly