• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on week 1 so far...

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I have nothing against shifty white WRs, and don't consider them un-athletic. Nor do I consider them to be of superior intellect. I just think it is noteworthy that the Pats seem to find a lot of them.

Malcolm Mitchell is not white, obviously, but he seems to fit the mold of what they look for--guys who are not necessarily big, or burners in terms of long speed, but who run good routes and have the quickness to get some separation early in a pattern.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't say that Carr didn't contribute. I just don't think he was the biggest reason they won the game. He made a couple of really nice plays for sure but beyond those he honestly was terrible that day. I mean if I remember right they had negative yards in the 1st half of that game.

Not the biggest, could argue best offensive player on the field that day... But the post the raider fan was defending was he couldn't get through a team like Denver without throwing INT's, which he did. And Arizona, and the Jets who both have solid D's. INT's aren't really an issue with him. Had a few ugly ones his rookie year, but overall if he had enough attempts to qualify, he'd be 4th all time in INT rate.

If I was to talk about his negatives so far, maybe he's a bit too conservative (though that was mostly his rookie year and since getting Crabtree and Cooper he has used that gun to throw down the field a bit more). But even then kinda has that Rodgers/McNabb thing where he'll put the ball a bit too out front or low making tough catchable balls. Ones the D has no shot at and his receivers even struggle to get at times.

And while he usually gets rid of the ball quickly, he does put it on the ground a bit more than you'd like.

But all in all nothing to see where you say "this guy can't become an elite QB". Just things IMO he can improve upon.