• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on this trade?

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I send: R.Bush, Harvin(IR) and Blackmon.
I get: Fitz, Matthews, N.Washington.

I have J.Bell on my bench, so I am not that worried about losing Bush. I also have Floyd on my bench who can be a decent fill in if Fitz is out longer.

Standard scoring. Start 2RB, 2RB/WR, 3 WR.
RB: T-Rich, Martin, Bush, Tate, Bell,
WR: T.Smith, Bolden, Williams(TB), Floyd, Wheaton, Stills.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
go ahead and just drop Nate Washington out of the deal. I like the addition of Fitz to your WRs.
especially in standard, not sure how many TDs JAX is gonna get this year, and Fitz + Mathews should see the end zone more than Bush + Blackmon, imo

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. I mean Matthews is a good play in standard, if healthy. I like Fitz, and I think Washington was just part of the deal to make it even.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a good trade to me. You can afford to lose Bush and will benefit with Fitz for sure.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a huge fan of the trade, nor do i think it is a bad trade... I just would not have done it... In standard leagues i think RBs are more valueable than WRs because they are more consistent... look at AJ green, he is an elite WR but he only got 4 points in a standard league... RBs almost always get higher... so the downgrade of RB i am just not a fan of... You also traded 1 IR and one suspended player who both have more potential than nate washington, and can actually be starters when they come back... Again, it is not a bad trade, I just would not have done it WRs are also are easier to find on the waiver wire, and you could get some decent ones cheaply in a trade... In standard leagues i would never downgrade my RB...

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a huge fan of the trade, nor do i think it is a bad trade... I just would not have done it... In standard leagues i think RBs are more valueable than WRs because they are more consistent... look at AJ green, he is an elite WR but he only got 4 points in a standard league... RBs almost always get higher... so the downgrade of RB i am just not a fan of... You also traded 1 IR and one suspended player who both have more potential than nate washington, and can actually be starters when they come back... Again, it is not a bad trade, I just would not have done it WRs are also are easier to find on the waiver wire, and you could get some decent ones cheaply in a trade... In standard leagues i would never downgrade my RB...

Good points! I look at it a bit different. I don't see Bush lasting all 16 games and think that the OPs team right now will improve with this trade. He has good depth at wr and rb even after the trade. I don't disagree with you tho.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear it all. Only reason I would make the trade, is cause I have Bell on my bench. He seems like a decent flex play going out from here, and if Bush is at all hurt or not as healthy when he plays, Bell can pick up the slack. WW is shit right now due to it being a 12 team league and everything. I don't like what I see out of Jax at all. I think Fitz, T.Smith, Bolden and Williams(tb) are all good options at WR. I was able to get Scott(NYG) instead of Washington, which makes the deal better for me I think. I hear ya about Harvin, but come week 7, my season could be over... Not the best trade, but not the worse...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like i said, it is not a bad trade... you are getting Fitz and matthews for Bush basically(for the next few weeks)... I just would not have done it...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points! I look at it a bit different. I don't see Bush lasting all 16 games and think that the OPs team right now will improve with this trade. He has good depth at wr and rb even after the trade. I don't disagree with you tho.

Neither do I, but i never use that as a reason to trade my potential studs... when they play they are so much better than anyone else that i could have started... and in this example the owner has the handcuff, so Bush getting hurt is irrelevant... But if you truly believe Bush will be out for an extended time this seasonI(miss more than 6 weeks) then i would make this trade in a second as well...

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a blockbuster, but sometime these lateral moves make ya better.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In standard leagues i think RBs are more valueable than WRs because they are more consistent... look at AJ green, he is an elite WR but he only got 4 points in a standard league

I totally disagree and think the opposite. That 4 pointer doesn't happen often with the elite WR... once Larry gets passed this hammy thing, he'll be one of those few (maybe top 8ish?) that will at least give you high single digits every week and more than not get you double digits in standard leagues. I think his team needs a #1 WR and I would make the deal. If this was a PPR league, I'd be against the deal, as I find the WR consistency is much deeper, and having the dual threat RB is gold.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally disagree and think the opposite. That 4 pointer doesn't happen often with the elite WR... once Larry gets passed this hammy thing, he'll be one of those few (maybe top 8ish?) that will at least give you high single digits every week and more than not get you double digits in standard leagues. I think his team needs a #1 WR and I would make the deal. If this was a PPR league, I'd be against the deal, as I find the WR consistency is much deeper, and having the dual threat RB is gold.

Ya, PPR, no deal, no way..LOL

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I send: R.Bush, Harvin(IR) and Blackmon.
I get: Fitz, Matthews, N.Washington.

I have J.Bell on my bench, so I am not that worried about losing Bush. I also have Floyd on my bench who can be a decent fill in if Fitz is out longer.

Standard scoring. Start 2RB, 2RB/WR, 3 WR.
RB: T-Rich, Martin, Bush, Tate, Bell,
WR: T.Smith, Bolden, Williams(TB), Floyd, Wheaton, Stills.

I think this trade is a huge gamble that could go either way. I think you get the "safer" players, but you give some upside to do it.

IMO, the whole thing hinges on Harvin. If Harvin comes back before week 10 and plays his normal role (a lot of ifs), then you lose this deal.

Bush and Fitz are both knicked, but like others have said, the RB is generally a better asset than the WR when scoring potential is similar. Blackmon is way better than Washington. Mathews helps you now, but Harvin could actually help more later.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you got the better end of this deal.