• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on this trade proposal?

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My $ league(non-ppr) team is in a bit of a hole with Dez Bryant, DJax, & Arian Foster all on the sideline with injuries and, after tonight's game, it looks like Eric Decker will be joining them. Although I've got Le'Veon Bell coming back from his suspension I think I need to make a move if I want to keep my head above water until I start getting my injured players back and can make a run. When looking over the other roster in our league one of them jumped out to me as a possible trade partner but I'm torn on who to target. My thinking is that they could use and upgrade at QB & TE and is deep enough at WR to give up one. My proposal would be as follows:

Eli Manning & Jordan Cameron

for one of the following

DeAndre Hopkins,
TY Hilton,
Brandon Marshall,
or Jarvis Landry.

The other team just lost Tony Romo and picked up Brandon Weeden. He also has Alex Smith. The best FA QB's available being:

Cutler
Winston
Foles
Carr

I believe Manning will still put up quality #s especially considering I think they will be playing from behind a moderate amount of the time this season. I certainly expect his #s to be superior to Weeden's, especially with Dez out of the mix. This league also has only 5 bench spots available and no IR so carrying 3 QBs severely limits your depth when the byes start.

His only TE is C.Gilmore who he just dropped Jared Cook for. I know Gilmore put up some nice #s this week but I'm not yet convinced he is a viable every week starter yet. Even if he keeps Gilmore on his roster I think playing the better match-up between the 2 makes more sense than going with Gilmore every week.

Can I get some opinions as to whether this is even a borderline decent trade idea?

My Team:

QB: R.Wilson
RB: L.Bell
RB: A.Morris
WR: J.Maclin
WR: E.Decker
WR: A.Boldin
TE: T.Eifert
Flex(RB/WR/TE): TJ Yeldon RB
K: J.Scobee
Def: Cardinals

Bench: A.Foster RB
Bench: D.Bryant WR
Bench: D.Jackson WR
Bench: J.Cameron TE
Bench: E.Manning QB

Other team:

QB: B.Weeden
RB: M.Lynch
RB: J.Forsett
WR: D.Hopkins
WR: B.Marshall
WR: TY Hilton
TE: C.Gilmore
Flex: D.Lewis RB
K: M.Crosby
Def: Jets

Bench: J.Landry WR
Bench: Chris Johnson RB
Bench: D.Moncrief WR
Bench: T.Romo QB
Bench: A.Smith QB

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I know Cameron left the game with an injury and the extent of that injury will obviously effect the possibility of a trade offer like I'm considering being excepted. I can only hope to find out what his prognosis is before making the offer should I decide it's a good offer to make.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli Manning & Jordan Cameron

for one of the following

DeAndre Hopkins,
TY Hilton,
Brandon Marshall,
or Jarvis Landry.

All those guys have far more value than what you're giving up if you can get any of them you better do it. As far as the backup QB you don't need one until week 9 i'd just grab one then if you're going to try and hold on to all those injured players you'll need the room. You should also consider trading Alf while his value is still relatively high he's going to lose touches to Jones.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All those guys have far more value than what you're giving up if you can get any of them you better do it. As far as the backup QB you don't need one until week 9 i'd just grab one then if you're going to try and hold on to all those injured players you'll need the room. You should also consider trading Alf while his value is still relatively high he's going to lose touches to Jones.

I agree. I would not give up any of those players for Eli and Cameron.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Milk is right. You would make 2 offers:

Wilson for Hopkins and
manning for Landry

I honestly do not think Cameron is much better than Gillmore, so I don't think his inclusion will top the deal one way or the otter. If he wants Cameron, then go for it.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or the dou for marshall if he bites

Manning for Hopkins is nice and if you want to settle for Moncreif i think he could start lighting it up ...
and not a steep price to pay

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 5 player bench isn't big enough to carry an extra QB on.

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 5 player bench isn't big enough to carry an extra QB on.

Normally that would be true but we can't have more than 2 of the same position on our benches so QB, RB, RB, WR, WR or RB, RB, WR, WR, TE is usually the makeup of most peoples bench. I have a history of QB injuries the last 4-5 years in this league so I usually carry a 2nd QB.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally that would be true but we can't have more than 2 of the same position on our benches so QB, RB, RB, WR, WR or RB, RB, WR, WR, TE is usually the makeup of most peoples bench. I have a history of QB injuries the last 4-5 years in this league so I usually carry a 2nd QB.

Oh. How odd.