• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on this team?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to be first to create a thread on here. I will be highly disappointed if someone beats me to the punch while I a typing this.

Draft was last night. I picked 11th in a 14 team keeper league with heavy restrictions on keepers. Free agent pick ups may not be kept and each year, your keeper costs you a pick 4 rounds earlier than where you got him last year. I had a huge advantage with Alfred Morris in the 11th round.

1st- Forte- This was a tough call. Megatron unexpectedly fell to me, but since RBs went with the first 10 picks, I knew this was my only chance to get a top 15 RB to pair with Morris. I also knew I would get a top 4 WR in the 2nd.

2nd- Dez Bryant- Can't believe he fell. The six picks between mine saw Rogers and Brees get taken along with RBs like Gore and CJ1K.

3rd- Vincent Jackson- Don't love this pick, wanted an RB, but at pick 39, I thought this was pretty good value. The only RBs good enough to take here were Lacy and Bernard.

4th- Stafford- Would not have made this pick in a 12 teamer, but thought I would get locked out of the top 13 QBs if I passed here. All 3 teams to be picking behind me in round 5 had QBs.

5th- Vereen- Solid RB value. All starters were gone as Richardson went right before my pick.

6th- DJax- Was between him and Hilton. I regret this pick a little, but we shall see.

7th- Moreno- Little bit of a reach, but he is now #2 in Denver with a chance to climb higher.

8th- J. Gordon- Love the upside

9th- Cameron- He was the last decent TE left and the 14th off of the board. I think I got a steal because he will be top 10 with upside.

10th- Helu- Had to protect my Morris pick. From here on out, it is as much about keepers as it is about depth.

11th- Morris- Enough said

12th- Harvin- The possibility of Morris in the 7th and Harvin in the 8th next year makes burning a roster spot very worth it.

13th- Cleveland- solid match-up, sleeper D

14th- Kendall Hunter- Possible keeper if Gore breaks and he shows full recovery from injury.

15th- Bailey- he kicks FGs.

What do you all think?

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB - Stafford
RB - Forte
RB - Morris
WR - Dez
WR - VJAX
? - DJAX/Gordon/Vereen
TE - Cameron

That's a top-notch 12-teamer, Tlance, never mind 14-teamer.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is extremely good for a 14 team league. I'm liking all the Browns players :thumb:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty solid..as I would expect from the AverageJoes!

Couple things--
Moreno is sadly not the #2...at least not according to the local Donkey's beat reporter. Since they still want the shifty Hillman as a change of pace, and Lance Ball plays special teams, and Moreno doesn't..it is expected that it will be a repeat of last year for Moreno, which saw him as gameday inactive until McGahee went down. It sounds as though it would take a M. Ball injury or faceplant for Moreno to see the field.
And, IMHO, both LaMichael James and Lattimore will have more keeper value than Hunter.
Absolutely love the stones to take Harvin though!!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks guys. It is pretty hard to go wrong when you get a first round RB in the 11th.

Treff, I agree with your points on the SF RBs. Thing is, James is looking more and more like a change of pace back and I couldn't waste two roster spots on players who will not play. I may be looking to draft Lattimore next season as Gore heads into free agency.

Also, Moreno may be inactive week 1, but make no mistake. He is more valuable than Hillman as a roster stash.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moreno may be inactive week 1, but make no mistake. He is more valuable than Hillman as a roster stash.

You must be reading my mail.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must be reading my mail.

I am buying Wil. Ever since you have touted him,I have been scooping him up. Unfortunately for me, the time of this draft led to a greatly inflated price. If Ball plays well though, it will be a pretty easy drop in a few weeks.