• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

thoughts on the bucs game

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really a nothing game but here are some things

both merriweather and barnett got in a good half and appear to be healthy

rambo still tackling better

royster and thompson i think made the team tonight

briscoe and lewis could go to the wire

white did well and should get picked up

doesnt appear to be any injuries

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Compton struggled most of the night.

ZoneRead

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad, I agree with everything you said except White.

He has complete 56% of his passes this preseason, no passing TDs, 2 INTs, and 3 rushing TDs. And to top it all off, he never faced a first team defense and last night was his first against the second team defense.

Last night was the first "real test" in my opinion to see how he would do against at least the Bucs 2nd team defense, since it was the first time this preseason he went against the 2s. Lets just say not so great. Obviously he does do things well with his legs, but he is playing against marginal guys. He is just the 4th best QB out of 4 on the team and I don't see how we keep 4 QBs.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets be real. White is not an NFL QB. He has skills as a playmaker, similar to Tebow, but cannot make all of the throws needed to be a threat to defenses. IF he were starting, defenses could very easily scheme against him. He is more in the Vick mold than the RG3 mold. Looks at primary receiver and if not there, runs. I see no way he makes this team.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White may have a space on someone's roster as a back up for a team that runs the read option or wants to have that option in their arsenal as a change of pace. But he's not a good QB. As I've said, he can't read a defense and he locks on to receivers.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we're keeping 6 WRs.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad, I agree with everything you said except White.

He has complete 56% of his passes this preseason, no passing TDs, 2 INTs, and 3 rushing TDs. And to top it all off, he never faced a first team defense and last night was his first against the second team defense.

Last night was the first "real test" in my opinion to see how he would do against at least the Bucs 2nd team defense, since it was the first time this preseason he went against the 2s. Lets just say not so great. Obviously he does do things well with his legs, but he is playing against marginal guys. He is just the 4th best QB out of 4 on the team and I don't see how we keep 4 QBs.

i meant picked up by another team , his flaws are very much correctable

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks living on the West coast at times...couldn't see the game.

had to settle for some bad college football

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i meant picked up by another team , his flaws are very much correctable

"His Flaws"?

Dad, if you can't see for yourself that White is not an NFL caliber QB then something is wrong. Great feel good story and very proud he gave it a go with our Skins but he would be better served coaching HS football to begin his coaching career. Good luck Pat White!

apratt21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we had a Royster sighting last night. Ok, he looked really really really good... against 2nd stringers. Having said that I think we may keep 5 RB's. Morris, Helu, Royster, Williams and Thompson. 1, 2 and 5 are a sure bet. Perhaps a flip now between Williams and Royster. Each brings their own unique skills and styles to the table. It's possible we keep all 5 and scale back somewhere else. Tuff call, but I believe we keep only 4. It's a coin flip with the edge NOW (with last night) going to Royster Gogburn. If that happens that would be twice Williams got butt f_ucked by Royce. Last in 2011.

Pat White cannot get the ball down. Airs it out over the heads of receivers quite frequently. If he takes a Roster spot (4 QB's) I would have to question Shanahan and his competence. A few nice plays by others on the bubble but I believe last night was really 80% about Royster.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"His Flaws"?

Dad, if you can't see for yourself that White is not an NFL caliber QB then something is wrong. Great feel good story and very proud he gave it a go with our Skins but he would be better served coaching HS football to begin his coaching career. Good luck Pat White!

what i can see is that he was away from the game for 3 years and staring down a wr comes from that. i can see he is inaccurate and his arm is scattershot which good coaching and foot work can correct .

he wont make our team , he may never make any team , but you cant tell me teams wont take a flier on him , esp if they need qb'ing

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what i can see is that he was away from the game for 3 years and staring down a wr comes from that. i can see he is inaccurate and his arm is scattershot which good coaching and foot work can correct .

he wont make our team , he may never make any team , but you cant tell me teams wont take a flier on him , esp if they need qb'ing

Notta! No team will take a flier on White. But, White can walk away feeling good about himself. :nod: