• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on the Bills game...........

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PUKE.

Garbage all over the place. I didn't even have the heart to get involved with the game thread arguments. Detroit lost. Plain and simple -- it wasn't one person fault, it was a laundry list of reasons.

If you want to put the kicker at the top of the list -- feel free. I'm sure Detroit will have a new kicker next week and somewhere Jason Hansen is shaking his head.

If you want to blame Stafford -- I'm not sure why. Only so much a QB can do. He was sacked 6 times and last I saw he was at 10 hurries. When you don't have Calvin Johnson and your OL isn't giving you time to throw the ball. Not much you can do.

Golden Tate was unbelievable today. It is a shame others can't get open. I won't even mention any names, as I'm sure I will hear how the Bills game planned to them.

Kyle frickin' Orton threw for almost 300 yards with a rookie as his #1 WR. That sucks and should never happen.

Suh was a beast today. Him and Tate were the two guys who actually showed up for the game. If he played like that every game -- I'd have no issue giving him a raise. He was all over the field

Lastly -- while the kicking game is definitely at the top for biggest disappointments this year -- tied at the top is the play of the OL. Their pass protection has been terrible and their run blocking has been just as bad, sans two drives at the end of games.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin had a great game. Tate produced great YAC.

I can not come up with much else. Defense was good at bending until breaking late. Never should of been a issue though.

Putrid effort!!!!!!!!

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions gave up 360 yards on defense. I don't care that 300 was passing. They scored a TD as well. Even inferring that there was some issue there is completely ridiculous. Missed FGs gave the Bills a short field 3 times and poor offense left the defense on the field 19 minutes in the second half.

The problem with this kind of loss is the damage it will do to the teams confidence. Stafford is no longer an asset and we can not depend on the kicker. We need to make some changes and adjustments on offense and ST (obviously) so the defense does not quit too going forward.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely agree with everything you said here. I've learned that every loss will instantly become Stafford's fault no matter what and this game is a great example of it. First off, the o-line sucked really bad and there was pressure just about every play Stafford dropped back. Everyone outside of Tate should be embarrassed. Bush is nowhere to be found also. The defense held up for the most part but had a few crucial breakdowns late. I still blame the kicker though because making those FGs allows us to keep the momentum and keep points on the board.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Orton 30 for 43 and 308 yards......I don't want to think what a real team will do to this defense.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Muzz,

You're blind or in denial if you think letting Orton go off for 308 is good defense. He got most of it in the second half too.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Muzz,

You're blind or in denial if you think letting Orton go off for 308 is good defense. He got most of it in the second half too.
Careful, you might be a Realist.:suds:

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Orton 30 for 43 and 308 yards......I don't want to think what a real team will do to this defense.

You mean like Aaron Rodgers? How did he do?

We shut down the Bills run game and only gave up 360 yards total and scored a TD. Your an idiot.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand how this offensive line is so bad this year. Last year it was a real strength of the team, with two rookies starting and a LT in his first year as a starter. This year it is all the same players just with more experience and more time to gel together. But they are terrible.

Calvin Johnson's play style has lead to injuries almost every year of his career. And at his age they appear to be catching up to him. He is still the best when he is 100% but how many years does he have left with even half of his games at 100%? There is a reason all of those running backs seem to be done around age 30. Depressing to the K about but I guess I'll have to savor every moment we do get to see him at 100% or close to it.

Our kickers were 3/7 and 1/5 respectively before being fired. At 4/12 we have hit on 33% of kicks this year. Sorry, but that is embarrassingly bad by mid major college programs.

I haven't chimed in much on this new board. We'll just say that not only do I not agree with a large chunk of the posters here, I find their big mouths and little brains annoying to the point i don't want to argue with them. So I mostly avoid the game day threads too. But I've been feeling frisky all day today. I just thought I'd agree with one of the posters who does appear to have some common sense.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean like Aaron Rodgers? How did he do?

We shut down the Bills run game and only gave up 360 yards total and scored a TD. Your an idiot.
We've always shut down the run game. That's not a secret. KYLE ORTON still threw for 308 yards....Congrats Suh Fairley, Ansah, Jones.....It's still a loss.

Last edited by a moderator:

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Muzz,

Stafford 18/31 with a 77 QB rating. He sucked. He has sucked all year for the most part. Take off you Georgia glasses. Blaming a defense that gave up 360 yards and scored as many points as the offense is ludicrous.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to know you all. Apparently the world ends tonight.

Fucking free entertainment here I tell ya.

Life controlled by the outcome of a sports team. PRICELESS!

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is a complete joke.. I am sorry but if your 20 Million Dollar QB can't do anything without Megatron, there is a problem.. He is not paid that much to be a game manager.

I saw good protection on a lot of dropbacks and him holding onto the ball for longer than 4 seconds.. He basically didn't even know who to throw to when he wasn't constantly missing receivers.. If Tate was the only competent receiver out there and no one else could get open there is a problem.. Ebron is starting to loom for this team as they obviously could have gone in another direction for immediate help..

Now for the defense.. They were for the most part tremendous until the 4th Quarter.. Kyle Orton got most of his yards in that Quarter and they still got many crucial stops.. I am actually shocked they were able to hold the Bills off for that long for as many times as the garbage offense had to punt or miss FGs.

Yes the kicker was complete ass.. We all know this.. But it's on the entire offense.. If you have to rely on what you know is a huge weakness to win the game then you aren't doing your job either.. SIMPLE AS THAT!!

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to know you all. Apparently the world ends tonight.

Fucking free entertainment here I tell ya.

Life controlled by the outcome of a sports team. PRICELESS!
Nah, it's entertainment. Hell, I won 50 bucks today betting against the Lions. I still had my Barry Sanders shirt on drinking a beer, The 50 bucks just paid for the beer.....Good time, but in fantasy I picked the Lions to win because it's fantasy.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Muzzer just looks at a stat sheet to tell the story.. You can tell he didn't really watch the game..

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford missed a chance toy be a leader and rally the team to a late victory like Brady, Manning and Brees! If he can't be an elite he ain't shit. We might as well have Jay Cutler or Tony Romo. Great stats and lousy leaders.

The Lions kicking game = Tigers bull pen!

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford wasnt great but had them in position to score plenty of times and they couldn't do it. All of a sudden the defense cant do no wrong and we must praise them because they've been good for the most part? They had a few breakdowns and our DEs arent exactly tearing it up. But, whatever.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A reasonably decent offense wins about 14 games if their D gives up 10 net per game. Just stop with the "Orton threw for 300" crap. The Bills have been held to < 17 once this year and they needed a 58 yarder to get that today. There's room for improvement everywhere, of course. But the D has been MUCH better than expected.... including today. The offense simply has to play a lot better and by that I mean Staff and the OL. The FG kicking isn't worth talking about. Just bring in the next guy and hope for the best.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im kinda glad fox had Chi/Carolina on. Otherwise i'd probably be really upset. Good for my heart not getting upset about Lions.:nod: