• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on playoff strategy

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have a 12 team league wit 2 divisions of 6 people. 6 teams make the playoffs and I have the best record in the league and lead my division by 5 games. We have one regular season game left and start playoffs in week 14.

The winner of each division gets a bye and the next best 4 teams play each other in week 14. The winners of those games play those that had byes in week 1 of the playoffs in week 15 and then those winners play in the Superbowl week 16. This is done to avoid all the sitting players in week 17.

Division winners each get $100 and if you win the Super Bowl it is another $700

the question I have is trying to get the best match up for QB in that week 16. The only team i am worried about beating is the guy with the Baltimore QB. Him and I lead our divisions, I am hoping the Ravens have a big lead and can sit him even some in week 16.

My QB situation is this. I have had Rodgers and Rivers all year. My last game of the regular season I have Rodgers against the Giants so no brainer there. Week 14 I will have a bye. Week 15 the first playoff game I have to chose Rodgers against the Bears or Rivers against the Vikings. I will take Rodgers against the Bears.

Now dont laugh if I get lucky enough to make the finals I just picked up the Red Rifle Dalton off the waiver wire and dumped my extra kicker I do not need anymore. Dalton plays against Miami in week 16 my Super Bowl

Dalton is back to starting as my guess is they are maybe trying to show him off to try and get something for him. If he is still starting in week 16 these would be my QB choices. Which would you choose?

Dalton against Miami
Rodgers against the Vikings
Rivers against Oakland

Do you bet on Dalton to win the big money in the Super Bowl oe who would you go with?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
week 15 is a bigger problem for you than week 16.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't trust Rodgers or Rivers against anyone anymore.

Can't say Dalton inspires confidence either.

But if those are the only options... Gimme Rodgers.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eww, LJax dude gonna roll in the playoffs, good luck.

I guess Rodgers, cause Rivers has been garbage with a bad OL this yr.
Cincy OL is even worse than chargers, I bet Miami beats them and Dalton goes 225yd 1TD and 2INT in that game, maybe even under on the yardage

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eww, LJax dude gonna roll in the playoffs, good luck.

I guess Rodgers, cause Rivers has been garbage with a bad OL this yr.
Cincy OL is even worse than chargers, I bet Miami beats them and Dalton goes 225yd 1TD and 2INT in that game, maybe even under on the yardage
shockingly dalton went 311/2/1 vs SF :suds:

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shockingly dalton went 311/2/1 vs SF :suds:

Hopefully he will do likewise week 15 versus New England if he's still starting because I'm gonna need it! Who else am I gonna play? There's Goff, maybe Drew Lock... Driskel if I'm lucky.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only other one who starts is Haskins or are they still using Kyle Allen in Carolina? Or Fitzpatrick if he is playing
well haskins plays for washington, and yes kyle allen still playing for carolina. If thats it

Tanny, darnold, carr, brissett, jones,

none are out there? just some guys that were on alot of waivers.

Bears can be passed on so id go rodgers week 15

week 16 yuck, im playing dalton

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well haskins plays for washington, and yes kyle allen still playing for carolina. If thats it

Tanny, darnold, carr, brissett, jones,

none are out there? just some guys that were on alot of waivers.

Bears can be passed on so id go rodgers week 15

week 16 yuck, im playing dalton

Yes all those others you mentioned are not available. What you shared is what I was thinking and picked up Dalton just to give myself the option to use Dalton against Miami if his play in the next few weeks shows that he can get a few scores. I just thought that may be a better option than what Rodgers and Rivers have in week 16 and wondered what other may think on that idea. I should maybe go ask @mrschaney what she thinks

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes all those others you mentioned are not available. What you shared is what I was thinking and picked up Dalton just to give myself the option to use Dalton against Miami if his play in the next few weeks shows that he can get a few scores. I just thought that may be a better option than what Rodgers and Rivers have in week 16 and wondered what other may think on that idea. I should maybe go ask @mrschaney what she thinks
i tend to agree with your thoughts. I like dalton week 16. Its a huge gamble, but the other options are names, they arent performing, and have bad matchups.

Week 15 id go rodgers. The bears have been stellard against the pass, but rodgers does ok against them and we saw david fn blough light them up