• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thompson to PS?

HailYeah21

esc7391 on ESPN. HAILYEAH
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Keim, thats what he thinks

Chris Thompson - RB - Redskins

ESPN's John Keim projects fifth-round RB Chris Thompson to land on the practice squad.

Thompson is behind Alfred Morris, Roy Helu and Evan Royster. The 5'7/192 speed back has struggled to pass protect and sustain health through camp. Thompson lost a fumble against the Steelers in the second preseason game.

First off, im not even sure he would get to the PS w/o being claimed. But he just seems so raw right now, PS really would help him. Im not a Royster fan at all, would rather see Jamison make it even tho we have seen nothing of him so far.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Keim, thats what he thinks

Chris Thompson - RB - Redskins

ESPN's John Keim projects fifth-round RB Chris Thompson to land on the practice squad.

Thompson is behind Alfred Morris, Roy Helu and Evan Royster. The 5'7/192 speed back has struggled to pass protect and sustain health through camp. Thompson lost a fumble against the Steelers in the second preseason game.

First off, im not even sure he would get to the PS w/o being claimed. But he just seems so raw right now, PS really would help him. Im not a Royster fan at all, would rather see Jamison make it even tho we have seen nothing of him so far.

I'm with you in that, Royster has never impressed me. I like Williams better. I think between Royster and Williams, we need to let one of them go completely. Our future is Morris, Helu and a scat back like Jamison and Thompson. Problem with the 53 this year is can you count on Helu staying healthy enough to let Royster and Williams go with only Jamison as your 3rd back? I'm not so sure. :noidea:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right now royster is the #3 rb with williams surging

both rookies are PS guys

all subject to change based on play

looks like GK was right about royster

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said in the other thread, 2 more preseason games left to determine that

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not done yet but I did say that Royster would make this team, Jamison would be on the PS, and Thompson would be on the roster or on IR. I don't think Thompson goes to the PS.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not done yet but I did say that Royster would make this team, Jamison would be on the PS, and Thompson would be on the roster or on IR. I don't think Thompson goes to the PS.

i say PS because i cant see how you say thompson is too hurt to play and yet you play him

sure he dinged his shoulder but it was played off as minor

if he plays the next game then IR is out and his chances of making the final 53 depend on what he does with the opportunity

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant we just trade royster? Im sure some team would by the shanahan hype

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade one of these backs to Pittsburgh

apratt21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have we even seen Royster in this preseason? I haven't watched any 2nd half so I'm lost here. Why are we certain Royster makes the team? If he has played I haven't heard a thing about him, and if he's hurt then it seems he's always hurt. Not a lock imo. Morris and Helu are locked in and I think we carry four. Who are the two. Please don't tell me Williams. I have a feeling however you'll tell me Royster. We'll see. My feelings won't be hurt if they cut him.

apratt21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't edit above. Left out the thread topic as to why then couldn't Thompson make this team.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Thompson will make the PS. I think he would get picked up. I have always stated I expect him on the IR. If he gets another ding, that's where he is likely going. If not, I expect us to carry 4 RBs.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Thompson will make the PS. I think he would get picked up. I have always stated I expect him on the IR. If he gets another ding, that's where he is likely going. If not, I expect us to carry 4 RBs.

at 1st i thought this but i think his injury history will make teams reconsider him

there are 2 games left and he and reed shouldnt be judged on one game . they are behind do to injury so they should get time to impress so it all could be moot

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll make the PS. We say this every year and rarely does another team pick up a player on waivers before the PS. Remember, if the pick him up, they have to put him on the 53 man roster. As Dad stated, with his injury history, that's a real risk. We'll know if he is destined for the PS if Shanahan doesn't play him much in the next 2 games. IF he wants to stash him there, he doesn't want tape out to the other 31 teams to evaluate him any further. If he plays him extensively, that means he is really evaluating to keep him on the 53 man roster. Of course, there is always that strange little injury that pops up this time of year on guys like this, sending them to IR for the year:rollseyes: