• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thomas

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand the reservations on Thomas but the guy can play. He is a 100% upgrade from the Universe.

He gambles a bit much and depends on the defense to pick up his mistakes. I would not mind seeing him in Philly. I think it is a good fit.

I hear you but the Flyers cant afford to take a chance anymore
Id rather fo with the stable option in Emery

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I can see that too. God I cant wait for hockey again already

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least you had playoff hockey

Flyers want redemption

Ya we did and it was awesome but TBH not winning really sucks and the players do not get that much time to heal up and get ready.

I dont see the Bruins (Honestly) going very deep in next seasons playoffs.

Same goes for Chicago

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya we did and it was awesome but TBH not winning really sucks and the players do not get that much time to heal up and get ready.

I dont see the Bruins (Honestly) going very deep in next seasons playoffs.

Same goes for Chicago

you guys will be ok
Erickson is a good pickup

Need to replace Horton though

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been firmly on the Emery camp for a few months. He should come relatively cheap and could potentially make a solid tandem if he and Mason can play as they did last year. Emery had an amazing year. Emery also has the experience of playing in Philly and playing well while dealing with the media. I honestly think this one is a no brainer if he is interested. I'm thinking they should probably be able to get him on a 2-3 year deal around 3 million a year, max.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ray's a good fit here if he beats out Mason then he'll have earned his starting role in the NHL. Would be nice to have him back.

Yep. I'd definitely take Emery over TT, and let him battle with Mason for #1.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I'd definitely take Emery over TT, and let him battle with Mason for #1.

dreger is saying emery is in philly today.. that's gotta be a good sign?

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dreger is saying emery is in philly today.. that's gotta be a good sign?

I would think so, yeah. Hopefully it is under $3M per.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't let him leave with a contract Homer...

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK about TT, I have a ton of respect for him as a goalie (he's no doubt a winner) but he's getting pretty old, he's sort of a headcase, and he's been out of the game for a year. Seems sort of risky to me.

If I were the Flyers I would honestly name Mason the starter and try to get him a good backup. I think Mason looked pretty solid for the Flyers after they got him and I would like to see him get a chance in a starting role.

That being said, I think going after Ray Emery would be a good move, he was very solid in net for the Blackhawks this past season. Would be a good signing for whomever picks him up.

We'll see how things go, I just think the Flyers should focus on defense instead of goaltending. Good defense makes mediocre goalies look great and bad defense makes great goalies look mediocre.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK about TT, I have a ton of respect for him as a goalie (he's no doubt a winner) but he's getting pretty old, he's sort of a headcase, and he's been out of the game for a year. Seems sort of risky to me.

If I were the Flyers I would honestly name Mason the starter and try to get him a good backup. I think Mason looked pretty solid for the Flyers after they got him and I would like to see him get a chance in a starting role.

That being said, I think going after Ray Emery would be a good move, he was very solid in net for the Blackhawks this past season. Would be a good signing for whomever picks him up.

We'll see how things go, I just think the Flyers should focus on defense instead of goaltending. Good defense makes mediocre goalies look great and bad defense makes great goalies look mediocre.

my thing is, i think its system oriented.. the flyers are (/ really were last year) built to play a slower, more defensive style because they have big slow dmen.. trying to play lavy's run and gun style with guys who aren't the best passers, resulted in tons of odd man rushes and hung the D and goalie out to dry.. the offense has to come back and support the defense more on breakouts.. the talent is there throughout the roster to play a solid team game, they just didn't last year

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my thing is, i think its system oriented.. the flyers are (/ really were last year) built to play a slower, more defensive style because they have big slow dmen.. trying to play lavy's run and gun style with guys who aren't the best passers, resulted in tons of odd man rushes and hung the D and goalie out to dry.. the offense has to come back and support the defense more on breakouts.. the talent is there throughout the roster to play a solid team game, they just didn't last year

Very true, the current situation regarding their dmen doesn't allow them to get into that back & forth style in spite of having all those talented forwards. I think they're wising up and getting the right personnel at the blue line now. Timonen is a stud, I always like Streit's game, Schenn is a good physical presence, Coburn has potential, and I really like what Lauridsen brings to the ice. Not a big fan of Meszaros tho, I think of him as dead weight with a $4 million salary hit. I say trade him & Grossman, get a solid 6th dman, then let guys like Gustafsson, Manning, Morin, & Hagg to develop. Flyers have a very good chance at having a solid blue line if they play it right and have some patience with their prospects.

shrike19

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't want to see thomas on the flyers, he bailed on one team, and is known to be a "me" guy. I wouldn't mind seeing nabakov, I live in an area where most of the NY games are televised and Nabakov was really good last season, if he plays less games by splitting with mason it could be a good tandem.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't want to see thomas on the flyers, he bailed on one team, and is known to be a "me" guy. I wouldn't mind seeing nabakov, I live in an area where most of the NY games are televised and Nabakov was really good last season, if he plays less games by splitting with mason it could be a good tandem.

:agree:

Slayer31

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob McKenzie, Pierre LeBrun (and others?) tweeting that PHi is best fit for Ray Emery, who wants a shot at being #1, or atleast #1A.

I guess we'll probably know within a couple hours...