• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This would be the realignment shot heard around the world...

pedro3252

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Slive, if you can pull this off you are da man.

A&M, OU, OSU, and Mizzou come to the SEC West (Texas is going independent anyway, just a matter of time).

Bama and Auburn move over to the SEC East; 16 team mega-conference is set.

New SEC TV markets in Texas, Oklahoma and Missouri would mean serious, serious, serious $$$$$$ ($400 mil or more) for the new SEC TV contract. SEC might be able to procure a second BCS auto bid...

These great SEC rivalries remain intact every year:
Bama-Auburn
Bama-UT
Auburn-Georgia
Georgia-Florida
Georgia-USCe
Florida-UT
LSU-Arkansas
OU-OSU

(Bama and Auburn could keep LSU as their permanent opponent from the West, maintaining those rivalries as well)

Great new rivalries are born (or reborn) between LSU-Arkansas-OU-OSU-A&M (I would love to see LSU defense against OU offense every year)

Big East and ACC are not raided in any way

Baylor, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State are free to join a great basketball conference (Big East/ACC).

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Slive, if you can pull this off you are da man.

A&M, OU, OSU, and Mizzou come to the SEC West (Texas is going independent anyway, just a matter of time).

Bama and Auburn move over to the SEC East; 16 team mega-conference is set.

New SEC TV markets in Texas, Oklahoma and Missouri would mean serious, serious, serious $$$$$$ ($400 mil or more) for the new SEC TV contract. SEC might be able to procure a second BCS auto bid...

These great SEC rivalries remain intact every year:
Bama-Auburn
Bama-UT
Auburn-Georgia
Georgia-Florida
Georgia-USCe
Florida-UT
LSU-Arkansas
OU-OSU

(Bama and Auburn could keep LSU as their permanent opponent from the West, maintaining those rivalries as well)

Great new rivalries are born (or reborn) between LSU-Arkansas-OU-OSU-A&M (I would love to see LSU defense against OU offense every year)

Big East and ACC are not raided in any way

Baylor, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State are free to join a great basketball conference (Big East/ACC).

LOL, WHY do morons think this????

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, WHY do morons think this????

WHy is everyone who thinks differently than you a moron or an idiot? Please wipe your feet on your way in. Your getting jizzney all over the carpet.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHy is everyone who thinks differently than you a moron or an idiot? Please wipe your feet on your way in. Your getting jizzney all over the carpet.

Not quite. Only morons think Texas is going independent.

People are free to disagree with me all the time, I'm wrong quite a bit. But if you believe Texas is going indy, you don't have too many grey cells firing off properly.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And can you explain why this would be such a moronic thought other than that you disagree with it?

Do you think Texas couldn't pull it off?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And can you explain why this would be such a moronic thought other than that you disagree with it?

Do you think Texas couldn't pull it off?

We are talking the era of superconferences. NOBODY could pull it off.

Texas wouldn't be able to get decent games scheduled. And then you have the problem of all the other sports - they need a conference.

What major conference is going to admit UT basketball or baseball without football? NONE

There is simply NOT a scenario in which independence is feasible. Texas is not a national brand. And anyone thinking the Texas AD and president are dumb enough to do this in this age is smoking some good stuff......or clearly hasnt' thought this out.

WoodyHayes1951

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas, like 99% of the other schools is strictly regional.

Sure they have pockets of alumni all over the country but every major Public Institution does.

They got no shot of going independent. They aren't Notre Dame.

And why would they? The only reason ND is still independent is to tell recruits that we play in your home state every so often(and California recruits every year).

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are talking the era of superconferences. NOBODY could pull it off.

Texas wouldn't be able to get decent games scheduled. And then you have the problem of all the other sports - they need a conference.

What major conference is going to admit UT basketball or baseball without football? NONE

There is simply NOT a scenario in which independence is feasible. Texas is not a national brand. And anyone thinking the Texas AD and president are dumb enough to do this in this age is smoking some good stuff......or clearly hasnt' thought this out.

See now that is a reasonable argument that adds to the conversation and you called no one a moron and idiot or insulted their comprehension.

Good argument too.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See now that is a reasonable argument that adds to the conversation and you called no one a moron and idiot or insulted their comprehension.

Good argument too.

Point taken. But from where I sit, all of this is common sense. To me, you have to be a moron to think UT under these circumstances would even CONSIDER independence.

And let's not forget, the Texas AD has repeatedly stated UT would NEVER go independent while he's there. He's said this at least 3 times since January in public.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there were plenty of old school independents(penn st, USCe, miami) that were "regional" and did just fine before conference expansion in the 90s. no reason UT couldnt make it work.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there were plenty of old school independents(penn st, USCe, miami) that were "regional" and did just fine before conference expansion in the 90s. no reason UT couldnt make it work.

There are PLENTY of reasons it wouldn't work.

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point taken. But from where I sit, all of this is common sense. To me, you have to be a moron to think UT under these circumstances would even CONSIDER independence.

And let's not forget, the Texas AD has repeatedly stated UT would NEVER go independent while he's there. He's said this at least 3 times since January in public.

LMAO....
spankass.gif

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not to nitpick but how would LSU get to keep two inter-divisional rivalries yearly and Auburn/Bama at that? I wouldn't be surprised if they have to do away with fixed inter-divisional rivalries altogether.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not quite. Only morons think Texas is going independent.

People are free to disagree with me all the time, I'm wrong quite a bit. But if you believe Texas is going indy, you don't have too many grey cells firing off properly.

So you guys are going to drop the Longhorn Network? Cause it's probably that or go Indy.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would Texas give up the LHN idea to join another conference? It seems Texas' vision for the future and the rest of the Big XII's idea for the future are certainly looking down two separate paths. But that may change.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ And the Pac-12 or Big Ten would make them give it up as well.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you guys are going to drop the Longhorn Network? Cause it's probably that or go Indy.

No, it's not. Texas will keep their network in some form or another; there hasn't been a "dump the LHN or else" claim made by any conference. Only fans have made that claim.