• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Roseanne extension is making me more bummed out than the loss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought Salesman was finally going to go ballsy and let Roseanne's contract run out to either get us an assassin at the 2-guard spot (I'd throw some money at Kevin Martin next offseason, for example) or bargain Roseanne to sign for 6-7 million a year. 4 years 42 million is a horrible deal!

Roseanne is a mediocre player at best. We've given him three years to grow and he has to show anything beyond slight improvement with still way more flaws in his game than strengths. This deal boggles my mind worse than the Moka Only deal. I really can't believe this.

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i like this deal, if he ever gets a tight fitting shoe its colby for 10mil

dafan590

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
we have nobody to sign....even if we have....we have to overpay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
we have nobody to sign....even if we have....we have to overpay

I know it's too late now, but if it were up to me - who we sign would really depend on how this season unfolded. Personally, I think our 2-guard needs to be an assassin. Don't get me wrong, I like Roseanne's game when he gets to the line, but I think our team would be better with an assassin who can catch and shoot or spot up shoot from anywhere on offense and consistently make shots, while still working hard on defense. I say this because Lowry is going to penetrate and kick out a lot, an assassin from outside would be deadly at the 2. Realistically, that is who Salesman probably wants T-Bags to be in the future. However, we don't know how T-Bags will develop. He might be that guy. He might not. But what I do now is that there are a couple of players who will be free agents in 2013 who already are that guy:

1) Kevin Martin
2) Nick Young

The problem is that both these guys aren't great on defense either. Having said that, both would be better than Roseanne is right now on offense (with similar defensive liabilities). Overall, I just wouldn't have paid Roseanne this early in the season. I at least would've waited to see how this season played out with T-Bags/DeRozan's development, looking for possible trades or if those two guys will be available come the next offseason.

froman77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bryan colangelo is a fucking moron.

there is no team in the league that would give demar derozan this deal. this is so much higher than what hes actually worth. what a mother fucking ****.

this is exactly the same thing that happened with bargnani. bargnani's deal isnt too bad now, but we could have had him for much cheaper. i dont understand this at all. this makes my head heart, and makes me glad i slept through the first game, fucking raptors.

froman77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
List of guys who got same extension dollars as DD essentially:

Stephen Curry
Jrue Holiday
Taj Gibson

if Toronto offered demar derozan straight up for any of those guys, THEY WOULDNT TAKE HIM, so why in fucks name r we giving him the same extension.

Bryan Colangelo needs to go. I'm 100% through with him. He kind of redeemed himself with the JoVa pick, but he's such a fuck up its unbelievable. When shit like this happens it makes me think that Raptors GM is his fucking part time job, and hes full time meth addict the rest of his life.

FUCK!

froman77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why couldn't we have waited til he hit restricted free agency, i mean god forbid we ever have a player playing in a contract year trying to bust his ass off for a new contract. The worst thing that happens is demar has an amazing year, and some1 offers him pretty much the same contract hes getting. Otherwise we just couldve matched whatever the market dictated his value to be.

DOES BRYAN COLANGELO UNDERSTAND MONEY? OR ECONOMICS? OR HEARD OF THIS THING CALLED LOGIC?

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
List of guys who got same extension dollars as DD essentially:

Stephen Curry
Jrue Holiday
Taj Gibson

if Toronto offered demar derozan straight up for any of those guys, THEY WOULDNT TAKE HIM, so why in fucks name r we giving him the same extension.

Bryan Colangelo needs to go. I'm 100% through with him. He kind of redeemed himself with the JoVa pick, but he's such a fuck up its unbelievable. When shit like this happens it makes me think that Raptors GM is his fucking part time job, and hes full time meth addict the rest of his life.

FUCK!

man i wouldn't trade roseanne for any of those filthy scrubs. well, maybe drew holiday but thats only for his spelling skills. The rest i agree

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
still can't beleive taj gibson got poon money, he's like the american joel anthony

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Unplugged: Toronto Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo defends DeMar DeRozan’s contract extension by Eric Koreen

How difficult was this deal to work through?
“We weren’t talking a lot about it publicly. We were discussing a lot of things with [DeRozan's] representation team over the last month or so. I told you probably at the start of the summer that we were going to address it at the proper time. As the process unfolded, clearly a lot of activity happened [near Wednesday's deadline]. A lot of deals that weren’t expected happened at the last minute, including Taj Gibson [with Chicago] seven minutes before the deadline. It’s not really a surprise to us based on some of the progress that we were making throughout the process.”

What was the rationale for the deal?
“I would say, first of all, DeMar is a young talent. He is a hard worker. He’s been developing and progressing to a level that we felt [that] he is an asset. We wanted to retain the asset. This is mostly about asset retention. Yes, it does lock in an asset [at a fixed price] moving forward. As far as some of the talk or discussion that we’ve lost some of our flexibility: we really haven’t, in our opinion. This is somewhat of a cap-neutral deal because going forward, had we issued a qualifying offer or dealt with that next summer in terms of going into restricted free agency, you basically have a situation where there is a cap hold. The cap hold is a little bit higher than the actual qualifying offer. In effect, the cap hold was a number that was at or near the number we ultimately settled on. The talk about the size of the deal: We feel he slotted in exactly where we felt he ultimately would. You saw all of the deals unfold yesterday. You saw Blake Griffin early on. James Harden happened a little bit later in the day. The Ty Lawson deal was something that we expected. Jrue Holiday [was] just North of where DeMar was. … I don’t want to comment on the other deals. But we felt this market played out exactly as we anticipated.”

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either gonna be a home run or an absoulte bust

froman77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 rules for extending NBA players like DeMar DeRozan, Stephen Curry and Taj Gibson - SBNation.com

this is a great link, which describes how crazy demars extension is.

biggest thing for me, OJ Mayo signed this off season for 2 years 8.2 million as an UNRESTRICTED free agent. Now, in this era where going into the luxury taxjust cripples teams and not a lot of teams have cap room, is it logical to think Demar would have got a better deal than OJ Mayo, as a RESTRICTED free agent

The answer. No. Fuck you BC

froman77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Let me just put this into an even clearer perspective - if our team unfolds the way we hope it does, DeRozan will be the fourth option on offense (behind Lowry, Bargs and likely Vaj).

FOURTH.

10 MILLION A YEAR

WHY SALESMAN, WHY?!

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Let me just put this into an even clearer perspective - if our team unfolds the way we hope it does, DeRozan will be the fourth option on offense (behind Lowry, Bargs and likely Vaj).

FOURTH.

10 MILLION A YEAR

WHY SALESMAN, WHY?!

bullshit, he's already the go to guy. bargnani had the reigns but he failed to play through minor injuries so they gave it to roseanne. roseanne will lead the team in scoring, call it a cleo(ballard won't play in enough games to qualify, zero protien pasta diet). I really don't know why you guys can't see the colby

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
5 rules for extending NBA players like DeMar DeRozan, Stephen Curry and Taj Gibson - SBNation.com

this is a great link, which describes how crazy demars extension is.

biggest thing for me, OJ Mayo signed this off season for 2 years 8.2 million as an UNRESTRICTED free agent. Now, in this era where going into the luxury taxjust cripples teams and not a lot of teams have cap room, is it logical to think Demar would have got a better deal than OJ Mayo, as a RESTRICTED free agent

The answer. No. Fuck you BC

didn't mayo average 3ppg last year? after tony allen punched him in the face for unpaid debts and stern revoked his calls? he's gotten steadily worse since drafted

ggill15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I guarantee this is a good move. I know, I have a time machine that works sometimes. It didnt work with carter. I had to workout some glitch's but I got it working.

You guys can end this thread. Derozan is good