• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Pacers fan loves Ryan Howard

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the definition of the word. You can make all of the excuses you want. It doesn't change the fact that you're being hypocritical.

It's not the fault of fans of teams that have won championships that your team hasn't. If you have an issue with your team not winning, take it up with your teams ownership. Part of the reasons the Lakers FO has always worked hard to get the players they need to win titles is because Lakers fans demand it.

And did I not get on my team's case to let go of Vogel after the Toronto loss? And sure enough they did...This wasn't always the case, though. It's not my fault that Indiana has always been more known for their HS and college hoops than for their pro game. We don't have the same following as the Lakers, Bulls, Heat, or other big-market teams, and I refuse to take blame for that...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And did I not get on my team's case to let go of Vogel after the Toronto loss? And sure enough they did...This wasn't always the case, though. It's not my fault that Indiana has always been more known for their HS and college hoops than for their pro game. We don't have the same following as the Lakers, Bulls, Heat, or other big-market teams, and I refuse to take blame for that...

And fans of teams that have actually won championships aren't going to take the blame for your teams failures. No matter how say it's not fair and accuse them of being greedy.

Maybe you'd be happier if the NBA turned into the WWE and started rotating the championship every year.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whereas in the mid-2000's when the league was still suffering from Jordan withdrawal, a potential Pacers/Spurs finals would have killed TV ratings, and in the back of my head, I still believe the league was going to do anything in their power to prevent that from happening.

And the league's vision for better TV ratings was a Pistons/Spurs finals?:bullshit::L:scratch:
That may be your weakest argument to date on this subject that you have now beaten to death for over a decade.
It is time to let it go and focus on your team's future.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the league's vision for better TV ratings was a Pistons/Spurs finals?:bullshit::L:scratch:
That may be your weakest argument to date on this subject that you have now beaten to death for over a decade.
It is time to let it go and focus on your team's future.

Never said I don't look toward the future. But, that was an era in my life when I got depressed and will always look for possible causes for it. My later teenage years were a disaster, and it's just one of those things one will never get closure to.

And you can't honestly say with a straight face that the Pistons weren't a bigger market and a bigger draw than the Pacers...Even when we had the best record the year before, all the experts were on the Detroit bandwagon picking them to represent the east.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said I don't look toward the future. But, that was an era in my life when I got depressed and will always look for possible causes for it. My later teenage years were a disaster, and it's just one of those things one will never get closure to.

And you can't honestly say with a straight face that the Pistons weren't a bigger market and a bigger draw than the Pacers...Even when we had the best record the year before, all the experts were on the Detroit bandwagon picking them to represent the east.

Being the expert's pick (correctly, by the way) does not equal a bigger market draw, especially for the finals which is national television. The Pistons played stingy defense and slow, pounding offense which is about the least friendly basketball there is for the casual fan to watch. You can not honestly think that the NBA head office wanted a Detroit/Spurs match up for marketing. Just because they were better teams does not mean that Stern rigged it. If it were rigged it would be NY vs LA in the finals.

I'm sorry that you were depressed in that era of your life, but I would look for other causes than the Pistons and David Stern. It really is time to move past it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound: Todd giving all these 'bullshit' ratings basically tells us he can't come up with anything to say. What's up sweetheart, you having a bit of a slow day?

Once again, british woman beats american man at sports debates. :clap:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound: Todd giving all these 'bullshit' ratings basically tells us he can't come up with anything to say. What's up sweetheart, you having a bit of a slow day?

hmm, that ALMOST sounded like a challenge...:heh:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So many things come to mind....overall, I'm not shocked.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Does this mean you're degrading your own heritage? No worries, you do that just by showing up...:doh:

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best part of this post is that you think it's a clever and humorous retort. :pound:

The thing is though, your "buddy" didn't actually debate anything sport-related in that instance. He/she/it was simply retaliating to a rating I've given him/her/it.

Who the hell gives a shit about what poster rates what on a message board?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is though, your "buddy" didn't actually debate anything sport-related in that instance. He/she/it was simply retaliating to a rating I've given him/her/it.

Who the hell gives a shit about what poster rates what on a message board?

What does this have to do with you thinking you made a clever and humorous retort?

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does this have to do with you thinking you made a clever and humorous retort?

Because it was a clever and humorous retort. He/she/it claims that a "British woman knows more" as if a British woman isn't supposed to know anything about sports...And Shaqdaddy didn't even make a sports-realted sports outside his/her first post on this thread anyway, and particular post of which I had even acknowledged...

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hilarious that you think that.

Apparently you have your own fabrication...Whatever though. If Shaqdaddy didn't have that Lakers logo under his name you wouldn't give a shit anyway...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently you have your own fabrication...Whatever though. If Shaqdaddy didn't have that Lakers logo under his name you wouldn't give a shit anyway...

What does Shagdaddy being a Lakers fan have to do with you thinking that was a clever and humorous retort?

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does Shagdaddy being a Lakers fan have to do with you thinking that was a clever and humorous retort?

:postwhore2:

Must have the last word I see. That, or your just trying to coax meaningless posts out of yours truly for entertainment purposes. Point being, if he wasn't a Lakers fan, you wouldn't waste the time and/or effort in this thread...

Not sure what your interpretation of that said post was...Maybe that since it was said that I know less than a British woman that I'm actually degrading myself???:noidea:

Doesn't really matter what you interpreted though, as Shaqdaddy didn't post one thing that was sport-related outside of this first post...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:postwhore2:

Must have the last word I see. That, or your just trying to coax meaningless posts out of yours truly for entertainment purposes. Point being, if he wasn't a Lakers fan, you wouldn't waste the time and/or effort in this thread...

Not sure what your interpretation of that said post was...Maybe that since it was said that I know less than a British woman that I'm actually degrading myself???:noidea:

Doesn't really matter what you interpreted though, as Shaqdaddy didn't post one thing that was sport-related outside of this first post...

Still doesn't have anything to do with you thinking that was a clever and humorous retort.