• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This one... just... hurts

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call it what you want but the Lions are my team. Ask the players who they play for. It's us.

hahahahaha! the players will say that because they have to. If you think for one second they care more about the fans than they do their paycheck than youre even dumber than i thought. Which means you must have to constantly remind yourself to breathe.

How far do lions fan have to commute to games these days on average i wonder?

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can talk about the lions imploding all you want, but at least we have something worth imploding. Your team can't, there is nothing there. Your fans and players have nothing football related to hang your little hats on so you try to attack a city. .

Actually, ripping on Detroit can be done year round.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh do tell me more about how well you know me. I take pride in my team. You can talk about the lions imploding all you want, but at least we have something worth imploding. Your team can't, there is nothing there. Your fans and players have nothing football related to hang your little hats on so you try to attack a city.

As for gravy or brats, you can't even get that right. Never have, never will.

We'll see. There sure is a lot of season left.

We've all seen the Lions put themselves in a good position and fade away fast. I think you're being a bit foolish if you're already crowning your Lions NFCN champs.

Neither the Packers nor the Bears are incapable of jumping the Lions. All it takes is a few bad weeks, and of course, as you've seen with the Bears and Packers. A bad injury or two.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh do tell me more about how well you know me. I take pride in my team. You can talk about the lions imploding all you want, but at least we have something worth imploding.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like I said... things can change very quickly in this league.

You're never as good, or as bad as you think you are.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while I find the post-victory chirping annoying, I actually think the Lions ARE a championship contender. I can already hear richig welling up with nausea...but here is why. I am not saying they are a FAVORITE, but, yes, I think they have an outside chance.

1) Compared to most teams in the league, the Lions are a) healthy, and b) deep. Yes, they've had some injuries, no team is immune, blah blah blah, but compared to most teams, they are in pretty good shape. Furthermore, at most position groups, they have workable backups.

2) Their lines. Both sides of the ball. You've got good lines, and if you have good lines, you have a shot at it.

3) The weakness of the NFC. Who are the strong horses in the NFC? No one in the NFC East, New Orleans, Seattle, maybe San Francisco (though that team's got some significant issues). Carolina is OK, but it's not like they are granted anything. Both New Orleans and Seattle are strong but they both strike me as pretty beatable, Seattle now especially that they lost arguably their best defensive player. Detroit *could* beat those teams. I wouldn't bet on them beating the Saints, but in a game that turns into a shootout, sure, you get a couple of turnovers, bang there you are. And anyone who likes Green Bay...umm..I've said it before, I will say it again. The Packers won't even beat Jacksonville without Rodgers. IF he comes back week 12 vs Minn, I'd say they are 5-6 and having to win out, and if he comes back a week later, it is over for them.

4) They can win on the road.

5) They have Megatron. Yes Reggie Bush is a huge weapon and complement for them, but Megatron....that guy is simply unstoppable.

OK so you guys can all have fun flaming away at what an idiot I am, I don't care, but I'm not ruling the Lions out of making it to the Super Bowl.

As for beating an AFC team if they get there? No. Not happening. But they do have a small chance.

NO. Just NO. Det is where they are because us and GB are riddled with injuries. They belong in third.

C

cubzzzfanincali

You think it's the lions fault that the bears drafts sucked for years, leaving us with a thin roster, and the pack failed to have a second qb on their roster?

The nfl is and always has been a war of attrition. Injuries are not an excuse. They are a symptom. Quit whining about it noon. There are injuries all over the league. The patriots have had more injury losses to starters than us. But they are a better team. Wah wah injuries. Your tears are pathetic.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think it's the lions fault that the bears drafts sucked for years, leaving us with a thin roster, and the pack failed to have a second qb on their roster?

The nfl is and always has been a war of attrition. Injuries are not an excuse. They are a symptom. Quit whining about it noon. There are injuries all over the league. The patriots have had more injury losses to starters than us. But they are a better team. Wah wah injuries. Your tears are pathetic.

Being 6-4 and tied for first place with our backup QB playing is hardly the Bears roster "looking thin".

Do they look good? Not really, but no name players have found ways to make an impact (Example: Bass pick six), and they've really played well with a "next man up" mentality after losing the majority of the core of their team.

2011 and last season would be a far better example of this team folding after suffering injuries.