• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Never Gets Old

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wasn't quite born yet for this one. I have vague memories of the 49ers vs Broncos Super Bowl, but I was like 12 for the Chargers game. So I guess I can say both 49ers Super Bowls I did watch were blow out wins for us. I suffered a lot in the 90's though watching us make the playoffs every year only to lose to Dallas or Green Bay it seemed. My favorite 49ers moment is still Owens catch to the beat Packers.

that was also a very special catch, would've been "The Catch" (for me) if wasn't for 1981. wasn't that play on 4th down, about 20 yards away? and wasn't there much less time left in the game than 1981?

sorry, guess i should look it up first. :-(

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wasn't quite born yet for this one. I have vague memories of the 49ers vs Broncos Super Bowl, but I was like 12 for the Chargers game. So I guess I can say both 49ers Super Bowls I did watch were blow out wins for us. I suffered a lot in the 90's though watching us make the playoffs every year only to lose to Dallas or Green Bay it seemed. My favorite 49ers moment is still Owens catch to the beat Packers.

I have bittersweet memories of that catch. When I saw that the Packers were getting 3 and a half points I got 10 grand together and hauled ass up to Vegas. By the time I got there though too many smart bettors had beat me to it and the odds went down to the Niners -3. I knew 3 and a half for the Packers was a sure thing but three was not so sure. I put the money down anyway and all was well until Owens snatched 10 grand away from me as that TD plus the extra point gave the Niners a three point victory so I got a push instead of a 10 grand gain.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was also a very special catch, would've been "The Catch" (for me) if wasn't for 1981. wasn't that play on 4th down, about 20 yards away? and wasn't there much less time left in the game than 1981?

sorry, guess i should look it up first. :-(

Yup and Steve Young almost fell over taking the snap. I think the game had like what 3 seconds or so remaining after that catch? I don't remember if the Packers even had enough time to run 1 offensive play.

I think Owens catch maybe the better play all things considered, but Montana to Clark is the greatest play in 49ers history for more than just being a great catch. It was the start of the 49ers turn to dominance. It signaled the start of a new era in the NFL.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have bittersweet memories of that catch. When I saw that the Packers were getting 3 and a half points I got 10 grand together and hauled ass up to Vegas. By the time I got there though too many smart bettors had beat me to it and the odds went down to the Niners -3. I knew 3 and a half for the Packers was a sure thing but three was not so sure. I put the money down anyway and all was well until Owens snatched 10 grand away from me as that TD plus the extra point gave the Niners a three point victory so I got a push instead of a 10 grand gain.

OUCH!!...You were damn right about the early line being a gimme though.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
OUCH!!...You were damn right about the early line being a gimme though.

Especially the way Favre used to own the Niners. Had we had challenges and reviews in those days, Rice's fumble previous to Owens' catch on the drive would have ended the game.

And somebody tell me how Owens gets behind the defense on a 4th and goal from the 22? I'd a had 10 guys defending the goal line and one guy rushing Young.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Especially the way Favre used to own the Niners. Had we had challenges and reviews in those days, Rice's fumble previous to Owens' catch on the drive would have ended the game.

And somebody tell me how Owens gets behind the defense on a 4th and goal from the 22? I'd a had 10 guys defending the goal line and one guy rushing Young.

I'd bet that same $10,000 that Rice's fumble was rather 'inspirational' in the owners finally voting for instant replay.

Toolrulzz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire final drive culminating with 'The Catch II'

Last edited by a moderator:

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

49ers Beat GB On Game Winning Drive

I had completely forgot about the near INT and Rice's fumble was much more obvious than I remember as well - yikes!

Toolrulzz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I still don't know how the refs missed that one. The look on Holmgren's face at the very end of the video is priceless.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

fantastic, thanks for the vid! oh yeah, forgot about Rice's fumble.......

was watching with my old softball team and boy was i getting ragged. so this final touchdown was soooo SWEEEEEET!

Last edited by a moderator:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
that was such a tight window to throw into, but thats what made Steve Young, Steve Young. his timing and accuracy was amazing.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah I still don't know how the refs missed that one. The look on Holmgren's face at the very end of the video is priceless.

Favre's as well... As for the fumble, I agree - the SJ was standing right there.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fantastic, thanks for the vid! oh yeah, forgot about Rice's fumble.......

was watching with my old softball team and boy was i getting ragged. so this final touchdown was soooo SWEEEEEET!

Yep this was one of the greatest plays i was able to witness. I was going nuts! Didnt GB return the ball a good amount too on the kickoff? Not that close but still a little close for comfort?

Either way I will always remember this play. This game and the last palyoff game vs the Giants(comeback game) was amazing.