• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This logic certainly doesn't explain Jon Kitna's W/L record

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We need a cure for cancer but fuck that, God needs to get the Broncos in the playoffs.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Jon Kitna a known god shmooker? I knew that Kurt Warner was, but not Kitna

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a cure for cancer but fuck that, God needs to get the Broncos in the playoffs.

LOL, yeah. And God hates all the other NFL teams for some reason.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say that Tebow's work ethic, morality, and so on we're more of a result of his faith and the life style it encourages, in my experience with Christianity/God, there is no reason to think God would care about the outcome of a football game. but hey, don't take my word for it, I'm not a pastor :), so obviously I'm out of the loop.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Jon Kitna a known god shmooker? I knew that Kurt Warner was, but not Kitna

Kitna had a black hat with an orange cross he wore to interviews. Akili Smith was also, still is, a devout Christian. Andy Dalton has referenced the bible in a few interviews, I think it's a requirement for being a Bengals QB. Palmer is on record as being a Christian, but he never made much of a fuss about it.

I can remember everyone downing Warner and talking about how his failures were concrete proof that God doesn't exist... and then the next season he was in the super-bowl. So the most hateful of atheists sound just as dumb to me as the Christians that think God cares about the outcome of football games.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jesus, Akili Smith got no love from God for sure. I'd like to talk to this pastor. Is he questioning Akili's faith? Is God racist?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kitna had a black hat with an orange cross he wore to interviews. Akili Smith was also, still is, a devout Christian. Andy Dalton has referenced the bible in a few interviews, I think it's a requirement for being a Bengals QB. Palmer is on record as being a Christian, but he never made much of a fuss about it.

I can remember everyone downing Warner and talking about how his failures were concrete proof that God doesn't exist... and then the next season he was in the super-bowl. So the most hateful of atheists sound just as dumb to me as the Christians that think God cares about the outcome of football games.

Well, If you draft a QB from Texas Christian, he probably will reference that Christianity.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'd say that Tebow's work ethic, morality, and so on we're more of a result of his faith and the life style it encourages, in my experience with Christianity/God, there is no reason to think God would care about the outcome of a football game. but hey, don't take my word for it, I'm not a pastor :), so obviously I'm out of the loop.

The bolded.

When someone holds solid principles as mentioned above and makes their life about God, I don't see any reason to believe God wouldn't make that person successful in his endeavors which in this case just so happens to directly impact the Broncos.

That's not to say Tebow will become the best there ever was or anything like that, but do just enough himself and get all those "lucky" breaks to become a success.

My beliefs tell me this is exactly how God exalts his own (those who work to become God's). Tebow went from nothing, no respect from anyone as a football player to a guy who still has many many flaws in his game but is the unheralded leader of his team "leading" them to victories.

That is also not to say that this will be the case forever, that he'll always have this success. But, at the very least, for those with faith, and especially for Tebow himself, it'll make them (him) stronger in their (his) beliefs. To grow and be better. This is what God does and has already done. It could all end next Sunday, but the effect/impact will last forever.

And none of the above has to necessarily have anything to do with God caring about the outcome of a game in and of itself. So, no reason they can't go hand in hand.

Last edited by a moderator:

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How do you people explain Akili?? Or my parents for that matter. My dad worked as a propane truck driver for almost 40 years, never making more than $30,000/year. Then he was promoted to manager, ran 2 plants, but was fired by a new district manager upset because Dad made more than he did.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
To be able to say someone got little or even nothing for that matter from their faith, you would have to know where they would be without their faith. And that's just not possible. There has to be a means of comparison.

Furthermore, some things the Lord gives and/or does are obvious. Others not so much. Tebow's is displayed for the world to see. That's the only difference.

On a side note: I don't know Tebow nor do I know Akili or your parents. So ,the best that anyone can do is speculate. But I will say, I also believe that faith alone is not enough. It's what you do with that faith and your commitment to God as well.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God isn't a magic Jeannie, what's important to us isn't important to him.

Smith is a deacon at Missionary Baptist Church and plays football for God's House, a flag football team. In March 2010 Smith joined the University of California's football staff as a graduate assistant to work with the offense.

That's a better life than 9/10's of the people on the earth.

I don't pretend to be able to explain every theological point there is. I've believed in God my whole life, I tried hard to convince myself that there isn't a God, but I'm simply not wired that way. I know that faith is involved and that I could logically explain everything away if I had to. I have strong doubts being a hard ass atheist would make me a better person.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
BTW, I do believe in God, but I don't believe God is helping Tim Tebow win football games.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, I do believe in God, but I don't believe God is helping Tim Tebow win football games.

Right. He's not helping Big Ben win football games, and he's not helping Tebow win games. He's most likely a better person because of his faith, and in a lot of ways that makes him a better player. He's able to make sacrifices for his team, play hurt, go the extra mile and all that good stuff. It might all be part of the plan, and some people would say it is, but I'm more comfortable thinking the way the ball bounces on a football is still irrelevant in the grand scheme of the cosmos.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. He's not helping Big Ben win football games, and he's not helping Tebow win games. He's most likely a better person because of his faith, and in a lot of ways that makes him a better player. He's able to make sacrifices for his team, play hurt, go the extra mile and all that good stuff. It might all be part of the plan, and some people would say it is, but I'm more comfortable thinking the way the ball bounces on a football is still irrelevant in the grand scheme of the cosmos.

Of course, one could argue that that is his personality and his upbringing and he could still be a good person with all of those same attributes without faith in a higher power. Plenty of good people of all religions (atheism included). To attribute his success to his faith is to trivialize his ability.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, one could argue that that is his personality and his upbringing and he could still be a good person with all of those same attributes without faith in a higher power. Plenty of good people of all religions (atheism included). To attribute his success to his faith is to trivialize his ability.

That might work for some people. we don't know what kind of person Tebow would be without the God factor.

Belief systems can have a positive or negative influence. a positive atheist influence might feature a focus on nature and science, whereas a negative atheist influence might feature an alcoholic parent who curses a lot, or communist influences. You can draw parallels from any religion you choose, hypocritical swindler preachers (negative), to ma and pa missionaries in South America doing their best to live right (positive).

I'm pretty sure, in my opinion, that David wasn't going to slay Goliath with just a positive upbringing though, he was a Shepard, a low life nobody to the world... but that's where my religious faith takes over and I put the test tubes away.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, If you draft a QB from Texas Christian, he probably will reference that Christianity.

I have not read a word you have said, because when I get to your posts all I can do is stare at that young girls ass (wowsers, that shitter is damn near perfect). So kudos, rep coming your way good sir. May God see it in his heart to help you find more images like that to share.

You know dat ass! Those two hunks of flesh........that shit...tumbles out of...OHHHH!

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That might work for some people. we don't know what kind of person Tebow would be without the God factor.

Belief systems can have a positive or negative influence. a positive atheist influence might feature a focus on nature and science, whereas a negative atheist influence might feature an alcoholic parent who curses a lot, or communist influences. You can draw parallels from any religion you choose, hypocritical swindler preachers (negative), to ma and pa missionaries in South America doing their best to live right (positive).

I'm pretty sure, in my opinion, that David wasn't going to slay Goliath with just a positive upbringing though, he was a Shepard, a low life nobody to the world... but that's where my religious faith takes over and I put the test tubes away.

I suppose I disagree with you, but respect your opinion. I put a lot of value on science and I always hate to see it cast aside as it was a threat to faith. But, I also respect that others have opinions that are unlike my own. I feel that Tebow's faith might have instilled some values in him to make him successful, but I don't think his faith is causing him to win football games. Good values come in many different flavors - Tebow's are often attributed to his faith. That doesn't account for every successful athlete though and there are plenty of successful folks that don't share the same views.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't respect the religious people's opinions the majority of the time. I think y'all are a nuts to be perfectly honest.

TrinDaddy

Trinconceivable!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm with Kramer. I joke about Tebow having Jesus on his side but if you honestly think that's what's even helping him be successful then you're probably a little crazy. I know plenty of poor Christians so don't reference the one who is successful. If that were the case then why are some of Hollywoods most successful actors and actresses Jewish or Scientologist? That's like quoting Leviticus and telling me two dudes can't fuck but forgetting the rest of the book when he says not to cut your beard, don't eat shrimp and it's perfectly cool to have slaves. You can't pick one and forget about the rest.