• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is why some people frown on hunting

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GREEN LAKE COUNTY, WI (WTAQ) - A Wisconsin man who's facing charges in a police chase is suspected in the so-called "thrill killings" of 10 deer.

18-year-old Cody Johnston is facing charges of attempting to flee or elude an officer, obstructing an officer and criminal damage to property.

Court documents reveal that Green Lake County sheriff's deputies were investigating after 7 deer were found dead on Saturday night in the Town of St. Marie. Just after midnight, a deputy saw a pickup truck which appeared to match the description of the suspect truck.

The deputy chased the truck through wheat and corn fields. The truck continued down a highway, leading cops at speeds of over 90 miles per hour through dense fog on icy roads.Eventually, the truck got stuck in a marsh. Johnston got out and tried to run away, but eventually came out with his hands up as officers had drawn their guns.

During questioning by investigators, Johnston said he had two friends in the truck with him. One of the friends was on probation for a previous DNR violation and told Johnston he would go to jail if he were caught killing more deer.

When they came upon a sheriff's deputy, Johnston said he panicked and the friends got out of the truck. They were not found. Authorities did find two shotguns and a rifle in the truck. Johnston said one of the shotguns was his and the other two belonged to the friend who was on probation.

A property owner along the chase route told investigators that his fence sustained about $200 in damage during the chase. In court Monday, a $500 signature bond was set for Johnston. DNR officials say they plan to file charges in the deer killings.

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope this sunavabitch gets a lifetime ban from buying a hunting license and owning a firearm.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I feel compelled to point out that ANYONE who would confuse that with hunting is a moron.

Personally, I blame Bambie the movie!

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GREEN LAKE COUNTY, WI (WTAQ) - A Wisconsin man who's facing charges in a police chase is suspected in the so-called "thrill killings" of 10 deer.

18-year-old Cody Johnston is facing charges of attempting to flee or elude an officer, obstructing an officer and criminal damage to property.

Court documents reveal that Green Lake County sheriff's deputies were investigating after 7 deer were found dead on Saturday night in the Town of St. Marie. Just after midnight, a deputy saw a pickup truck which appeared to match the description of the suspect truck.

The deputy chased the truck through wheat and corn fields. The truck continued down a highway, leading cops at speeds of over 90 miles per hour through dense fog on icy roads.Eventually, the truck got stuck in a marsh. Johnston got out and tried to run away, but eventually came out with his hands up as officers had drawn their guns.

During questioning by investigators, Johnston said he had two friends in the truck with him. One of the friends was on probation for a previous DNR violation and told Johnston he would go to jail if he were caught killing more deer.

When they came upon a sheriff's deputy, Johnston said he panicked and the friends got out of the truck. They were not found. Authorities did find two shotguns and a rifle in the truck. Johnston said one of the shotguns was his and the other two belonged to the friend who was on probation.

A property owner along the chase route told investigators that his fence sustained about $200 in damage during the chase. In court Monday, a $500 signature bond was set for Johnston. DNR officials say they plan to file charges in the deer killings.

Last time I was fishing in Florida (Salt water surf casting in Boca Grande) there were millions of bait fish in the water. I tossed my cast net to add some to the shrimp I was using. Nothing was biting on them so I went back to the shrimp. A family next to me kept throwing their net and were just letting the fish die on the beach by the hundreds after grabbing a few. It sickened me. After a while I finally had enough and said "What the fuck is the matter with you?" They just didn't get it but once I started the ball rolling some other people near by backed me and my buddy up and the idiots stopped. Fucking morons

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I feel compelled to point out that ANYONE who would confuse that with hunting is a moron.

Personally, I blame Bambie the movie!

Most people are morons. They hear about someone with a firearm killing game and assume that person is a 'hunter"

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it hard to describe an 18 year old dumbass as a hunter.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully the dead animals were able to be recovered and put to good use locally. As for the kid...he made his bed and is going to have to sleep in it for the rest of his life.

Lifetime hunting/firearm ban seems reasonable here.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like he doesnt' care about licenses. With the marks on his record, he probably won't go through legal channels for a gun either.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but it will make it harder for him to freely carry firearms around.

....and I wasn't kidding about Bambie. Every time Disney assigns human emotions and cute voices (Fox and the Hound, Finding Nemo, Open Season etc.) to animals, they turn an overwhelming number of young non-hunters into lifetime anti-hunters.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully the dead animals were able to be recovered and put to good use locally. As for the kid...he made his bed and is going to have to sleep in it for the rest of his life.

Lifetime hunting/firearm ban seems reasonable here.

it's definitely reasonable , the problem is people like this kid usually don't give a damn about stuff like having a lic. A jerk like this will probably con't. to do this kinda stuff with or without a lic. I bet one day this dope will end up in jail.