• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is quickly getting out of hand

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson is a better receiver than all those you mentioned. Those mentioned may be faster, or have better offenses/QBs but none of those are better route runners, have better footwork and discipline, or better hands than Robinson.

Easily one of the most underrated players in football.

Bears are in a tough spot. He deserves to be extended at a similar rate of pay as before or better, but the Bears aren't exactly in the best position to provide that contract.

We are also in no position to lose a number one receiver.

He will play this year, disgruntled, but because he is a solid human being, we won't know on gameday.

Underrated? That implies you know where I’m coming from. I have no beef with Robinson. But hes making 14 million a year so if any of you, him or his agent are making it out like dude is being slighted. He isn’t. He’ll get his money. Sadly it is very likely if Mitch goes off and gets franchise money that Robinson is gone. Bittersweet result but I would buckle up for it if I was you. Because some team WILL give him what we won’t match if we have to pay Mitch this offseason.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Underrated? That implies you know where I’m coming from. I have no beef with Robinson. But hes making 14 million a year so if any of you, him or his agent are making it out like dude is being slighted. He isn’t. He’ll get his money. Sadly it is very likely if Mitch goes off and gets franchise money that Robinson is gone. Bittersweet result but I would buckle up for it if I was you. Because some team WILL give him what we won’t match if we have to pay Mitch this offseason.
Nobody is saying he's being slighted. We're saying his contract is almost up, and we should re-sign him if we can make it work.

The rest of what you typed is just excessive.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is saying he's being slighted. We're saying his contract is almost up, and we should re-sign him if we can make it work.

The rest of what you typed is just excessive.

reap what you sow. Taking down all your Bears stuff on twitter and having a media sh*tstorm where the coach has to deal with you in a personal meeting the next day is “just excessive.” Especially when you’re not really being underpaid for this season.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reap what you sow. Taking down all your Bears stuff on twitter and having a media sh*tstorm where the coach has to deal with you in a personal meeting the next day is “just excessive.” Especially when you’re not really being underpaid for this season.
Never said it wasn't.

Seems like you just wanna argue lately?

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kind of stuff is annoying. You know it's coming from the agent so they can get the public scrutiny on the Bears to extend him...because sure we fans like to keep Robinson.

Problem is, and I apologize to those that don't agree beforehand, Robinson is not up there with the best of the best receivers. So put me in the camp that says if the Bears said tough sh*t we're not doing anything until offseason, I'm cool. And then see where it goes. Because I'll be the first one to start going "This ain't no mother f*cking Michael Thomas...Ain't no Deandre Hopkins...Ain't no Julio Jones...This is Allen f*cking Robinson. Don't be playin' all that I'm a superstar jazz on me" if he and his agent went the "I'm gonna sit until I get paid" route. (Which is the usual next step in this kind of dumbassery)

He absolutely is up there with the best in the game.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since entering the league....38% of Robinson's targets have been deemed uncatchable. Because he has typically had a turd throwing him the ball.

26 contested catches last year...tops in the league.

Here's a list of active WRs with a 1400 yard/14 TD season on their resume....

Allen Robinson

/end of list

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said it wasn't.

Seems like you just wanna argue lately?

Nah...I was just extra cranky yesterday. Come on man. We get one f*cking bright spot of a quarter in a year and a half since the Parkey incident and our best offensive player gotta be pissin' in the Cheerios. While he's getting paid $14 million. Come on man. Can't you just keep this garbage to offseason or actually have a legitimate gripe rather than redirect what should be a good week for us Bears fans? Dickface move. Plus the additional cranky because of COVID I'm gonna give DirecTV $300 instead of going to the local sports bars to watch the games because I'm in Dolphins territory. That makes me extra cranky. So f*cking cranky.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He absolutely is up there with the best in the game.

Opinions vary...but he's paid top 15 and he produces top 15...so I'm not buying the sob story because maybe he's #9. I mean, if he was severely underpaid I still wouldn't like him overarching what should be an epic week for us...But that he gets paid fairly decently? GTFO Robinson. If this is the way "the game must be played" with contracts? Count me in on placing negative public perception upon it.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opinions vary...but he's paid top 15 and he produces top 15...so I'm not buying the sob story because maybe he's #9. I mean, if he was severely underpaid I still wouldn't like him overarching what should be an epic week for us...But that he gets paid fairly decently? GTFO Robinson. If this is the way "the game must be played" with contracts? Count me in on placing negative public perception upon it.

If you were him you'd be doing the exact same thing. These guys have careers that last for a blink of an eye. He's going to try to get every dollar he can....he can do that and he should do that.

When he stops performing on the field....we have a problem. When he stops practicing...we have a problem. When he stops being a good teammate or communicating with his coach....we have a problem. He's done absolutely none of that. No issues.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you were him you'd be doing the exact same thing. These guys have careers that last for a blink of an eye. He's going to try to get every dollar he can....he can do that and he should do that.

When he stops performing on the field....we have a problem. When he stops practicing...we have a problem. When he stops being a good teammate or communicating with his coach....we have a problem. He's done absolutely none of that. No issues.

How about when the coach has to set aside time that should be put towards gameplan and prep to address this personally? Does that count? Do us fans count?

Look...I get it on the whole sh*tty contracts "non-guaranteed "deal in the NFL. If I was in charge these things would be guaranteed and teams would get cap relief for extended injury. (Of course that would probably mean smaller $ in the deals, but still...It would be better). And that sh*t makes this more complicated for sure...

If he plays and does what he's supposed to do, in the end it doesn't matter. You're right on that. But he's still being a dickface in my book. Blaming the system for one's dickfacery is usually not getting a pass from this corner.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about when the coach has to set aside time that should be put towards gameplan and prep to address this personally? Does that count? Do us fans count?

One, I'm pretty sure Nagy has sitdowns and chats with players on a regular basis.

Two.....do you honestly think his talk with ARob took time away from game prep? Please don't be that stupid. Because that's an embarrassing level of hilarious stupidity.
But he's still being a dickface in my book.

The only thing he did was remove some pics from social media. That's it.

What impact does that have on you? What impact does that have on the football field?

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One, I'm pretty sure Nagy has sitdowns and chats with players on a regular basis.

Two.....do you honestly think his talk with ARob took time away from game prep? Please don't be that stupid. Because that's an embarrassing level of hilarious stupidity.

The only thing he did was remove some pics from social media. That's it.

What impact does that have on you? What impact does that have on the football field?

Same impact anything Bears has on me...Nothing...And everything. ;)

There's more to it than just social media when the Tribune is reporting he's demanding a trade then there's a retraction then Nagy is having a one-on-one meeting about it with Robinson. I mean, maybe some hotshot journalist just flew the coop? But I doubt it.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same impact anything Bears has on me...Nothing...And everything. ;)

There's more to it than just social media when the Tribune is reporting he's demanding a trade then there's a retraction then Nagy is having a one-on-one meeting about it with Robinson. I mean, maybe some hotshot journalist just flew the coop? But I doubt it.

Or maybe his agent is simply playing games with Pace the way agents do.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe his agent is simply playing games with Pace the way agents do.

That the agent (or any agent) is a dickface is just understood. That's like agent 101. "Be a dickface. Make money. Everything else will fall into place." But there's a reason they call them "agent"...It references for one that is acting in the place of another...so I have little reservation extending any pleasantry to the principal.

Arob drops any passes this weekend and I'm giving Mitch a pass. Uncatchable or not. Arob's fault. That's how I roll.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Underrated? That implies you know where I’m coming from.
What? This is an incredibly dumb statement.

He's saying ARob isn't mentioned with elite WR's but should be.

How does POSSIBLY that play into your side of the debate?

God, you say some wild shit.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? This is an incredibly dumb statement.

He's saying ARob isn't mentioned with elite WR's but should be.

How does POSSIBLY that play into your side of the debate?

God, you say some wild shit.

By recognizing that people "underrate" ARob, I was saying that BD was acknowledging that there are plenty that put him in that next level of receiver range and see him similarly as what I do (top 15 not a top 10, thus paid accordingly by the Bears). There's nothing wild or dumb there richi.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We wanna give him 15-16...He wants 18.

He'll get 18 in the open market soooo...really up to the Bears.

I'm no cap guy...but if we sign this guy to 18 and Mitch goes off so he becomes a high signing priority...Can we swing both and still get 'er done around the rest going forward? My gut is no.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We wanna give him 15-16...He wants 18.

He'll get 18 in the open market soooo...really up to the Bears.

I'm no cap guy...but if we sign this guy to 18 and Mitch goes off so he becomes a high signing priority...Can we swing both and still get 'er done around the rest going forward? My gut is no.
I smell a compromise at $17mil.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I smell a compromise at $17mil.

The big boys get about 20 and beyond. I figure 17-18 is fair...but if he hits the open market he'll probably get the 18 or a tad more because #overpay...so we might be forced into 18, assuming 17 and not moving wasn't a big deal to him a la Robbie Gould.