• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is quickly getting out of hand

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF is going on with the Robinson extension talks? First he removes all things Bears from his social media account, now it's being reported that he wants a trade. Pace & co better do something one way or the other. The last thing the Bears need is a major distraction.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF is going on with the Robinson extension talks? First he removes all things Bears from his social media account, now it's being reported that he wants a trade. Pace & co better do something one way or the other. The last thing the Bears need is a major distraction.

Losing him would suck. He's one of the best in the game and if he ever had a reliable QB more would understand that.

I get him not wanting to risk playing under a one year contract. Especially seeing as he's already suffered an ACL injury previously. However, I also sort of understand the Bears not wanting to dish out a huge contract right now. If we're the team that we saw play for the first 3 quarters this past week - we'll be in tear down/rebuild mode come the spring.

I hope a deal can be reached. At the very least, I hope he can finish the season for us.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing him would suck. He's one of the best in the game and if he ever had a reliable QB more would understand that.

I get him not wanting to risk playing under a one year contract. Especially seeing as he's already suffered an ACL injury previously. However, I also sort of understand the Bears not wanting to dish out a huge contract right now. If we're the team that we saw play for the first 3 quarters this past week - we'll be in tear down/rebuild mode come the spring.

I hope a deal can be reached. At the very least, I hope he can finish the season for us.
I'm more either/or in this matter. Either Pace signs him to an extension or trade him - no in betweens. The season is barely under way and there's already a major controversy brewing? Imagine 15, 16 weeks later. Sorry, but this has to be resolved quickly and as I stated, under either scenario. My preference is definitely signing him long term, but I hate the thought of this bullshit carrying on thruout the season.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all strategy for a new extension.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He catches more “uncatchable” passes than anyone in football.
Extend him.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all strategy for a new extension.
I agree, but that doesn't mean it's working or that it's not a distraction. Sometimes little things end up becoming big things, and in sports they follows specific timelines. The longer this festers, the worse it will get.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more either/or in this matter. Either Pace signs him to an extension or trade him - no in betweens. The season is barely under way and there's already a major controversy brewing? Imagine 15, 16 weeks later. Sorry, but this has to be resolved quickly and as I stated, under either scenario. My preference is definitely signing him long term, but I hate the thought of this bullshit carrying on thruout the season.
Yeah, but a lot of times these things just become distant memories and/or were overblown in the first place, too. The rumor mill is constantly swirling with "(insert player here) is unhappy". Only one or two per year reach a legit boiling point. He easily could have just had a moment of frustration after he thought he was "close" to a deal and then it fell through.

I am not worried about a full blown media frenzy with ARob. If we're going to lose him, it would be better to get something, sure. I agree there.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Adam Schefter is reporting that Allen Robinson's agent, Brandon Parker, has said that neither he nor Robinson have requested a trade, contrary to Tuesday's earlier reports."

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Adam Schefter is reporting that Allen Robinson's agent, Brandon Parker, has said that neither he nor Robinson have requested a trade, contrary to Tuesday's earlier reports."
If true, great. Even if not, I'd just as soon see Pace ink this guy to an extension and get this damned thing behind us. If we are to have any shot at all to making the postseason, Robinson is essential for this to happen.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kind of stuff is annoying. You know it's coming from the agent so they can get the public scrutiny on the Bears to extend him...because sure we fans like to keep Robinson.

Problem is, and I apologize to those that don't agree beforehand, Robinson is not up there with the best of the best receivers. So put me in the camp that says if the Bears said tough sh*t we're not doing anything until offseason, I'm cool. And then see where it goes. Because I'll be the first one to start going "This ain't no mother f*cking Michael Thomas...Ain't no Deandre Hopkins...Ain't no Julio Jones...This is Allen f*cking Robinson. Don't be playin' all that I'm a superstar jazz on me" if he and his agent went the "I'm gonna sit until I get paid" route. (Which is the usual next step in this kind of dumbassery)

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kind of stuff is annoying. You know it's coming from the agent so they can get the public scrutiny on the Bears to extend him...because sure we fans like to keep Robinson.

Problem is, and I apologize to those that don't agree beforehand, Robinson is not up there with the best of the best receivers. So put me in the camp that says if the Bears said tough sh*t we're not doing anything until offseason, I'm cool. And then see where it goes. Because I'll be the first one to start going "This ain't no mother f*cking Michael Thomas...Ain't no Deandre Hopkins...Ain't no Julio Jones...This is Allen f*cking Robinson. Don't be playin' all that I'm a superstar jazz on me" if he and his agent went the "I'm gonna sit until I get paid" route. (Which is the usual next step in this kind of dumbassery)
Apology NOT accepted, therefore............

1600285470032.png

Ok, now that you've been smited, I don't think anyone here is saying that Robinson belongs at the very, very top of the heap. But he's better than what his statistics might otherwise show, and the man has sponges for hands. I mean, let's keep it real here - look at his primary QBs throwing him the ball during his career: Blake Bortles and Mitch Trubisky. What kind of numbers do you think Thomas, Hopkins, and Jones would produce if their QBs were these two thruout their careers? However, the area on which we do agree is that this shit needs to come to a close fast. Hopefully with an extension, but if that's not gonna happen, then via trade.

I hope we can come to an agreement on this Jiddy, because you're my friend and I sure would hate to smite thee twice in the same thread.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson has a legit argument for being a top 10 receiver.

For example, if you replaced Davante Adams with Allen Robinson on the Packers, can you say that Robinson wouldn't put up extremely similar numbers? Or put Robinson in place of Hopkins, Thomas, etc? Dude put up 1,400 yards and 14 TDs with Blake Bortles throwing to him. He put up almost 1,200 yards and 7 TDs last year with an awful Trubisky and Daniel throwing to him. He knows he's extremely valuable and that's why he's frustrated. I would imagine part of that frustration is from COVID and how it's tanking the cap next year, which is just an unfortunate circumstance for him. Had he been up for extension last year or 2 years from now you wouldn't be seeing this and the Bears would probably gladly hand him a big contract.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen Robinson has made 14 million per year with his contract gentlemen...He is right in line with who he is pay-wise.
Apology NOT accepted, therefore............

View attachment 253396

Ok, now that you've been smited, I don't think anyone here is saying that Robinson belongs at the very, very top of the heap. But he's better than what his statistics might otherwise show, and the man has sponges for hands. I mean, let's keep it real here - look at his primary QBs throwing him the ball during his career: Blake Bortles and Mitch Trubisky. What kind of numbers do you think Thomas, Hopkins, and Jones would produce if their QBs were these two thruout their careers? However, the area on which we do agree is that this shit needs to come to a close fast. Hopefully with an extension, but if that's not gonna happen, then via trade.

I hope we can come to an agreement on this Jiddy, because you're my friend and I sure would hate to smite thee twice in the same thread.

Allen Robinson has been a top 15 paid WR in the NFL for 3 years... and that's where he belongs. Yeah, he wants security...but he has the option to go FA after this season of being paid that highly for the past 3. I would flip sh*t if he pulled some prima donna bullsh*t because he doesn't have an extension. He's not nearly good enough to go there. You better be f*cking top of the heap if you go there while being paid top 15 IMO.

Thankfully he isn't going there from what I've read/seen today...so this isn't an issue...Because if it was, I have a good feeling he'd be unhappy with the results. I wouldn't be the only one calling bullsh*t on some "demand trade/I won't play" out of him/his agent.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if the YouTube-linked AR presser below will take here, altho it should. But if not, just go to YouTube and plug in: Allen Robinson II press conference

I think the one question from Adam Hoge around mid point in the presser regarding a trade request had AR a bit flustered and he kinda danced around with his response. But all in all, a solid Q&A and a very genuine Allan Robinson shining thru.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, you've named three WR's better than him. Which makes him "not one of the best"...? I mean, those three are the obvious ones, and there's probably not anymore after them. Certainly, all would be arguable with whom you would be able to name.

But Lucas Giolito (The White Sox 2nd best pitcher this year) is "elite" and up there with Scherzer/deGrom/Verlander, according to you? Mmmkay.

BTW, in true Jiddy form, none of this is because you've listed any supporting facts or data to your claim. But because... Jiddy-isms and you said it in a Jiddy way. So, therefore, it made sense in your Jiddy brain.

Robinson has not only played close to or at an elite level, but has done so with Mitch and Bortles as his QB's. It's hard to imagine what he might be able to do with just "solid" QB play.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson is a top 10 WR, not top 5, a solid top 10. Anyone who claims otherwise doesn't know what he's talking about and should be ignored.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you've named three WR's better than him. Which makes him "not one of the best"...? I mean, those three are the obvious ones, and there's probably not anymore after them. Certainly, all would be arguable with whom you would be able to name.

But Lucas Giolito (The White Sox 2nd best pitcher this year) is "elite" and up there with Scherzer/deGrom/Verlander, according to you? Mmmkay.

BTW, in true Jiddy form, none of this is because you've listed any supporting facts or data to your claim. But because... Jiddy-isms and you said it in a Jiddy way. So, therefore, it made sense in your Jiddy brain.

Robinson has not only played close to or at an elite level, but has done so with Mitch and Bortles as his QB's. It's hard to imagine what he might be able to do with just "solid" QB play.

RE: The bold: We may find out next season? Because if Mitch produces, we probably won't get to keep both...and then we're in real trouble if there is no replacement for A-rob.

What is there to support? Allen Robinson is a top 15 paid receiver. You could try to argue him top 10, but he would at best sneak in at 9 or 10 on that list depending how you look at it...and arguing he's 11-15 isn't as outlandish as Parkey lover is implying. But the point is, he HAS been getting paid top 15 money...and he HAS NOT produced at a level that would in any way justify his holding out on the team for top dollar before this season is up. That would be ridiculous and you know it richi.

He doesn't have some sort of slam dunk case to say "I need 18 million/a 4 million pay raise and I need it now"...whether it's fair because Biscuit is his QB or not. Look, either you produce that way or you don't...Theory doesn't cut it. There's no certainty he would go to another team right now and produce at a higher level. Mitch f*cking hones in on this guy like nobody I've ever seen.

As for the rest? I would bet dollars to donuts that the VAST majority of fans of their respective teams of the other 14 you would put in the top 15 of a WR list would balk HEAVILY if offered Allen Robinson straight up for their guy. (Looking at you guys like Tyreek Hill, Davante Adams, Kenny Golloday, Chris Godwin etc etc on top of what I've stated before) That's just what happens with bias....

...which leads us to Giolito and my bias. Maybe you're right? So are you just reinforcing my case here if I concede that fact? Fine...If that pleases you, I will rescind my Giolito elite commentary and thus you are arguing for me here and we have an accord. Good. Great. Grand. Everyone on the STFU and play Robinson bus.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RE: The bold: We may find out next season? Because if Mitch produces, we probably won't get to keep both...and then we're in real trouble if there is no replacement for A-rob.

What is there to support? Allen Robinson is a top 15 paid receiver. You could try to argue him top 10, but he would at best sneak in at 9 or 10 on that list depending how you look at it...and arguing he's 11-15 isn't as outlandish as Parkey lover is implying. But the point is, he HAS been getting paid top 15 money...and he HAS NOT produced at a level that would in any way justify his holding out on the team for top dollar before this season is up. That would be ridiculous and you know it richi.

He doesn't have some sort of slam dunk case to say "I need 18 million/a 4 million pay raise and I need it now"...whether it's fair because Biscuit is his QB or not. Look, either you produce that way or you don't...Theory doesn't cut it. There's no certainty he would go to another team right now and produce at a higher level. Mitch f*cking hones in on this guy like nobody I've ever seen.

As for the rest? I would bet dollars to donuts that the VAST majority of fans of their respective teams of the other 14 you would put in the top 15 of a WR list would balk HEAVILY if offered Allen Robinson straight up for their guy. (Looking at you guys like Tyreek Hill, Davante Adams, Kenny Golloday, Chris Godwin etc etc on top of what I've stated before) That's just what happens with bias....

...which leads us to Giolito and my bias. Maybe you're right? So are you just reinforcing my case here if I concede that fact? Fine...If that pleases you, I will rescind my Giolito elite commentary and thus you are arguing for me here and we have an accord. Good. Great. Grand. Everyone on the STFU and play Robinson bus.

You're so dumb.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Robinson is a better receiver than all those you mentioned. Those mentioned may be faster, or have better offenses/QBs but none of those are better route runners, have better footwork and discipline, or better hands than Robinson.

Easily one of the most underrated players in football.

Bears are in a tough spot. He deserves to be extended at a similar rate of pay as before or better, but the Bears aren't exactly in the best position to provide that contract.

We are also in no position to lose a number one receiver.

He will play this year, disgruntled, but because he is a solid human being, we won't know on gameday.