• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is for all those that are panicking for defensive help.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think the defense is in better position than the offense but I do think the fans are over-reacting a bit and forgetting that a lot of the team's struggles came on offense. The defense just needs a good scheme, some health and a couple of solid players as the article states.

The struggles on offense were due to losing, at one point, they were playing without their top 4 WRs. At other times, it was Calvin Johnson and whatever Detroit could scrape together at WR. The other big time struggles were turnovers and dropped passes.

7 lost fumbles by your RB's is a ton. 18 or 19 interceptions by Stafford is too many and it was magnified, as a lot of them happened as the Lions fell apart in the 2nd half of the season. The dropped passes were atrocious for the Lions last year, but as some have stated, it could be Stafford throwing tough balls to catch, as he throws from all kinds of crazy angles.

Fumbles can be fixed -- RB's can fumble multiple times in a season and then not at all the next year. That is just about ball security and can be easily fixed. Dropped passes -- Calvin had surgery to get his finger fixed finally and if you haven't seen the picture of his finger -- it is gruesome. We added a sure handed WR to complement him in Golden Tate. Bush and Bell have had a full year to get acclimated to catching balls from Stafford. I think a lot of the issues are easily corrected.

The interceptions -- that is something the coaching staff has to work on with Stafford. When a QB has the mind set he can fit a ball into any situation, as Stafford does -- Interceptions are going to happen. If they can get him to limit the Int's to 11-14, instead of 16-19, it would be huge for the team. When you throw as much as the Lions do -- Interceptions are going to happen though.

You can look at the teams who threw the ball 600+ times last year -- The elite QBs who did so -- Manning, Brees, Brady -- they threw 10, 12 and 11 Int's. The 2nd tier QBs who did so -- Stafford, Ryan, Flacco -- they threw 19, 17 and 22 int's. That is what makes QBs like Manning, Brees and Brady elite.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the baby has finally fell back asleep -- It is time for me to do the same. Sorry about all the post, but I had to pass time while watching the baby monitor.:laugh3: