• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is a tough year to call a bust

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm giving serious consideration to D.J. Hayden as my bust pick this year. He's a Raider, and that's never a good thing. It's between Mingo, Vaccaro, Manuel (since he's a Buffalo Bill) & Hayden for me. Maybe Dion Jordan, but probably not; he might get bigger & more physical once he's 100% healthy.

This'll be another tough year to call one IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm giving serious consideration to D.J. Hayden as my bust pick this year. He's a Raider, and that's never a good thing. It's between Mingo, Vaccaro, Manuel (since he's a Buffalo Bill) & Hayden for me. Maybe Dion Jordan, but probably not; he might get bigger & more physical once he's 100% healthy.

This'll be another tough year to call one IMO.

How's it tough? I'd say about half the picks in the 1st round never meet the expectations of their draft selection.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
While I think Vaccaro would have been an upgrade to Goldson at FS, Eric Reid is about right on par with Goldson at FS as of now. Don't know what I'm missing...

As far as busts go, you can find Milliner, Rhodes, and Trufant all at the top of the list. I have no idea why analysts are pointing to the fact that Milliner was Saban-coached. When Dre Kirkpatrick came out last year they found he couldn't even backpetal when he got to camp. Kareem Jackson's rookie year he was notorious for stumbling constantly in coverage. Javier Arenas (sidenote: very comparable to Tyrann Mathieu) has been the only real success out of Bama as far as CBs go in recent years.

It's hard to pick just one.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I agree Trufant was overrated (and terrible at tackling), but what problems do you see with Milliner & Rhodes? Milliner seems like a pretty safe CB pick, and Rhodes can play either CB or FS.

I forgot about Trufant; he definitely gets consideration.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree Trufant was overrated (and terrible at tackling), but what problems do you see with Milliner & Rhodes? Milliner seems like a pretty safe CB pick, and Rhodes can play either CB or FS.

I forgot about Trufant; he definitely gets consideration.

I grade corners almost exclusively on pass coverage and I focus on how well they can keep their man from getting inside of them.