• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is a tough year to call a bust

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I was hoping Barkley would make it easy on me & get drafted in the first (sorry Bingo), and nobody really stands out at first glance. It's almost an entire round of safe-ish picks.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Werner and colts is high on my list

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the highest potential goes with the Vikings trio, not because I think they'll bust or they are bad players... but because boy are their fans going to expect a lot of improvement when you add three 1st round picks. If they don't make a strong push to win the North and one of those guys isn't living up to expectations, he sure is going to take an extra amount of criticism.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think either Patterson or Floyd will become a great player, but not both. Something will catch up with one of them.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hayden that high sticks out still after all the SportsHoopla. I want to go back and re-watch some games of his over the next couple weeks if I can. Kenny Vaccaro sticks out pretty easily.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hayden that high sticks out still after all the SportsHoopla. I want to go back and re-watch some games of his over the next couple weeks if I can. Kenny Vaccaro sticks out pretty easily.

I'll give you 3 right off the bat:

Dion Jordan
Kenny Vaccaro
EJ Manuel

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Those are 3 of my top 4. I have doubts about Mingo too.

Manuel because he's on the Bills, but I always liked him (never thought he'd be a 1st or even 2nd round pick though).

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Every time I see the name Mingo, I thought of this:

mongopuchhorse.jpg

Clyde thought of this:

mangodk.jpg

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Ansah stands out to me as the bust pick..

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'll give you 3 right off the bat:

Dion Jordan
Kenny Vaccaro
EJ Manuel

was watching late night talking heads and listening to radio this morning (we get people calling into Hawaii nationally) . heard some people think Dion isn't THAT good a football player, that he'll need a lot of good coaching and time?

IF so, that doesn't make the #3 overall that good a pick. so here it is more the high draft slot, over his eventual play.

i'd have said EJ Manual after listening to talking heads say.....his accuracy and decision making (takes too long to diagnose receivers) is an issue. no amount of athleticism can make up for poor passing skills.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
While I think Vaccaro would have been an upgrade to Goldson at FS, Eric Reid is about right on par with Goldson at FS as of now. Don't know what I'm missing...

As far as busts go, you can find Milliner, Rhodes, and Trufant all at the top of the list. I have no idea why analysts are pointing to the fact that Milliner was Saban-coached. When Dre Kirkpatrick came out last year they found he couldn't even backpetal when he got to camp. Kareem Jackson's rookie year he was notorious for stumbling constantly in coverage. Javier Arenas (sidenote: very comparable to Tyrann Mathieu) has been the only real success out of Bama as far as CBs go in recent years.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
While I think Vaccaro would have been an upgrade to Goldson at FS, Eric Reid is about right on par with Goldson at FS as of now. Don't know what I'm missing...

As far as busts go, you can find Milliner, Rhodes, and Trufant all at the top of the list. I have no idea why analysts are pointing to the fact that Milliner was Saban-coached. When Dre Kirkpatrick came out last year they found he couldn't even backpetal when he got to camp. Kareem Jackson's rookie year he was notorious for stumbling constantly in coverage. Javier Arenas (sidenote: very comparable to Tyrann Mathieu) has been the only real success out of Bama as far as CBs go in recent years.

yeah, so why all the dissapointment yesterday? Goldson was all-pro and if Reid gets close to it, whats the problem?

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yeah, so why all the dissapointment yesterday? Goldson was all-pro and if Reid gets close to it, whats the problem?

I'm one of those who don't have a problem with trading up to select Eric Reid, especially if we're putting him at SS and plan on taking FS like Duke Williams later in the draft.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm one of those who don't have a problem with trading up to select Eric Reid, especially if we're putting him at SS and plan on taking FS like Duke Williams later in the draft.

don't have a problem with yesterday either, but seems like Reid will be more the coverage guy, Whitner the "in box" guy?

if we draft Duke Williams due to solid value, fine. but if i had to bet on it now, we won't draft another Safety.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
don't have a problem with yesterday either, but seems like Reid will be more the coverage guy, Whitner the "in box" guy?

if we draft Duke Williams due to solid value, fine. but if i had to bet on it now, we won't draft another Safety.

If Baalke was serious about having versatile players and playing them to their strengths, we'll draft a better cover guy than Reid to play at FS.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whitner isnt going anywhere and Reid will start next to him, hes athletic as hell and can do it all, you must not have watched him play this year