• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Forum Is Boring This Week !!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understandable. Makes for good discussion and I definitely see your point. I definitely don’t think cornerback is a dire need for our team at least this season. But I also think it is a possibility based on value and whatever else goes around our pick. I think we are in a good situation at cornerback we are if we like it enough we can take it but we definitely do not have to. Perfect world Fangio is great this year and we lock Fuller up for another 3 years.
The one thing about not drafting a CB early for me is it means Ojemudia has some confidence within the coaching staff on top of our vets being here. Even if we did go CB early it doesn’t mean anything bad for Ojemudia U suppose. Less pressure this year to fully develop into a key player in 2022. Really need 4 good CB’s anyway.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record I really don’t think we go CB early. I think Fangio’s plan is that he has a good season gets a 4th year locks Fuller up and Ohemudia continues to develop and Darby is more then a 1 year signing.

Other then money a big part of me feels Fuller was looking for a one year deal here to see wat Fangio’s future was. If Fangio happened to lose his job after this year we are probably less appealing to him on a longer deal.

Obviously with the cap situation this year the 1 year deal made sense.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understandable. Makes for good discussion and I definitely see your point. I definitely don’t think cornerback is a dire need for our team at least this season. But I also think it is a possibility based on value and whatever else goes around our pick. I think we are in a good situation at cornerback we are if we like it enough we can take it but we definitely do not have to. Perfect world Fangio is great this year and we lock Fuller up for another 3 years.
The one thing about not drafting a CB early for me is it means Ojemudia has some confidence within the coaching staff on top of our vets being here. Even if we did go CB early it doesn’t mean anything bad for Ojemudia U suppose. Less pressure this year to fully develop into a key player in 2022. Really need 4 good CB’s anyway.

Oh I have no problem with the Broncos taking a CB early in this draft. The nice thing this year is there are no glaring needs. I would argue QB is the one glaring need, but I'll stop beating that dead horse. Allows the team then to truly take best player available and if that is a CB then sets them up for the now and future of the position. Like you said you need at least 4 quality guys and that is more true for the Broncos than any other team with the injury history of the starters.

I'm still a big believer in Ojemudia. He had some really really good moments last year. Just needs some time to develop the consistency side of things and I think he might shock some people come 2022.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree! Ojemudia was pretty decent last year really. Like any rookie CB had some growing pains but nothing major. Much better then guys like Yiadom, Paymah, Langley, Chris Watson in their first year as 3rd rd picks.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with @cdumler7 it's curtains for Surtain - I think Jaycee Horn is probably a better value pick in this draft.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with @cdumler7 it's curtains for Surtain - I think Jaycee Horn is probably a better value pick in this draft.

Jaycee Horn is personally my favorite CB in this draft... He and Travis Etienne, Dyami Brown, Micah Parsons are my four favorite players in this years draft.... I'll throw bags and bags and bags of cheeseballs in the air if we draft any of them... I mean bags... Enough to feed the homeless in the city of Denver!!! BAGS!!! I am talking tens of thousands of pounds of cheeseballs flying in the air.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm just so sad that Farley opted out of the season and then had back surgery for the 2nd time right before his pro day. He was the absolute best fit for the Fangio defense and really any defense when you think about his size and movement skills.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just so sad that Farley opted out of the season and then had back surgery for the 2nd time right before his pro day. He was the absolute best fit for the Fangio defense and really any defense when you think about his size and movement skills.
Definitely agree with this.

I would go bonkers for Horn but I feel like it isn’t the direction Fangio is looking to go! Farley as we have talked about before had Fangio stamped across his forehead.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may not seem like it, but I really value and appreciate the draft and player evaluations brought to this forum by a knowledgeable bunch. @Draft Crazy is excellent for this stuff on anyone but kickers and @cdumler7 is equally excellent although he has been known to fall in love with college QB hype. @LGM can be good too - if he didn't have a giant category entitled "meh."

I couldn't pretend to be as knowledgeable about football without you guys.

"honorable" mention? Meh.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all appreciate you as well Mingo. For real... I think you often challenge people to think a little different. Sometimes I read something you say and I think you're crazy and then you explain it and I think you are a genius after I finish reading.. :)

I do need to work on my kickers and long snappers. I have the punters down well. ;)
That balances out - because sometimes I think I'm a genius only to find out I was crazy.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely agree with this.

I would go bonkers for Horn but I feel like it isn’t the direction Fangio is looking to go! Farley as we have talked about before had Fangio stamped across his forehead.
Maybe we can get Farley later on the draft. Where do you think he could get drafted?

We don’t need a CB to start day one, so we can give him time to heal. Now all of this means his health checks out.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Farley goes round 1 from the buzz of his recent physical evaluation. Who knows though. Maybe the Titans.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back issues are tough to come back from, especially in this sport

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back issues are tough to come back from, especially in this sport
His back surgery was a microdiscectomy which is minimally invasive and recovery will be very quick.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OJ is gonna shock some people this year, if he gets on the field. I loved picking up all those DB's in FA, because now we are truly free to do whatever we want. If we like someone who slips a bit, go get him. If we don't like anyone, trade down.

Really haven't been in this spot for a long time.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His back surgery was a microdiscectomy which is minimally invasive and recovery will be very quick.

I don't think the issue is the surgery itself. The issue is that this is the 2nd one he has had on top of other injuries. Factor in this one happened after sitting out an entire year and all of a sudden right before his pro day it became something he had to have done now. So timing is a bit weird for all of this.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the issue is the surgery itself. The issue is that this is the 2nd one he has had on top of other injuries. Factor in this one happened after sitting out an entire year and all of a sudden right before his pro day it became something he had to have done now. So timing is a bit weird for all of this.
This...

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@nflbronco just to let you know - the Buffs recruited a 2021 recruit - just the other day - from "last chance U" where the coach is a brother of a CU Buffs Dback coach. This fellow didn't play a down for Independence, because he just graduated from HS, but he is 6'5" 235 lbs and runs between a 4.5 and 4.6 40 - ran 11.0 in the hundred meters in HS track. You will like this kid.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@nflbronco just to let you know - the Buffs recruited a 2021 recruit - just the other day - from "last chance U" where the coach is a brother of a CU Buffs Dback coach. This fellow didn't play a down for Independence, because he just graduated from HS, but he is 6'5" 235 lbs and runs between a 4.5 and 4.6 40 - ran 11.0 in the hundred meters in HS track. You will like this kid.
Thank You my friend I like the CU updates you pass along its very much appreciated.