• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Forum Is Boring This Week !!

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get him being pissed I don't get the flag thing he did for a few weeks . but it was for weeks so that does not bother me .

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the letters posted on another site - disgusting. Brandon Marshall is still a favorite of mine for the player and his character.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah pretty ridiculous.

I don't care what you believe in, if you have an issue with him standing or not.

BMarsh is about as nice as it gets and about as humble as you will find in the NFL.... You may disagree with what he is doing, but you don't have to agree with someone to respect them and like them.

I don't agree with everything my family does, my friends do or the person down the street from me, but I respect them and nobody deserves what BMarsh got in that letter.

Agreed...This is ridiculous that this kind of thing continues to happen. And just the cowardice of writing this without having to face Marshall by making it anonymous. Add on then putting some elementary school on the envelope in the hopes that it would make it to the player. I mean I don't think Marshall will let this ruin it for him of reading and writing to kids but it would definitely make me caution from now on every time I get something from a kid of whether it is this guy or somebody like minded.

Also I just want to add that while I don't exactly agree with Marshall taking a knee I am very proud at how he has taken action beyond that to show he means business. His working with the local police department on the best ways to improve policies and communication with minority communities is impressive. He put his money on the line and even lost money in the situation but stuck with it. Again don't have to agree with how he went about some of the things he did but have to respect the man for taking action.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Marshall is an extremely good football player, who is a plus in the community and he also has a social conscience. This makes him a better person than me (I'm only two out of three ;) ) - I salute him.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually had an uncomfortable encounter this morning with a guy - who I identified with in a number of ways as a Vietnam era veteran - a year younger than me, but in a homeless looking state of being. He engaged me in conversation and the next thing I know it he is tossing out the "n" word to punctuate every thing he said. This was a sad enough fellow with little or no social credibility - I didn't rebuke him for his comments - I just bum rushed the conversation and left him in my rear view - as soon as I could. I didn't agree with him or his opinion that President Trump is going to make this scourge disappear, but taking that away from him would have left him with nothing to hope for - or so it seemed. I'm not trying to make a political statement or enforce a political correctness, but I felt morally shaken by the experience. I may not have thought anything of it - were it not for Brandon Marshall's experience. I do wish for a merit based society rather than one based on skin color.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have been better had it not come during a Trail Blazers loss. ;)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually had an uncomfortable encounter this morning with a guy - who I identified with in a number of ways as a Vietnam era veteran - a year younger than me, but in a homeless looking state of being. He engaged me in conversation and the next thing I know it he is tossing out the "n" word to punctuate every thing he said. This was a sad enough fellow with little or no social credibility - I didn't rebuke him for his comments - I just bum rushed the conversation and left him in my rear view - as soon as I could. I didn't agree with him or his opinion that President Trump is going to make this scourge disappear, but taking that away from him would have left him with nothing to hope for - or so it seemed. I'm not trying to make a political statement or enforce a political correctness, but I felt morally shaken by the experience. I may not have thought anything of it - were it not for Brandon Marshall's experience. I do wish for a merit based society rather than one based on skin color.

I've been to two Bronco games this year, during both games I heard multiple people in my section or a section over who were Bronco fans say they HATE Brandon Marshall.

You may not agree with the way he chose to take a stand, but you don't need to HATE him for it.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the number of posts decrease in correlation to the number of wins by the Broncos? Or is it just Christmas week? Trust everyone has plans for getting together with family and/or loved ones!

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been to two Bronco games this year, during both games I heard multiple people in my section or a section over who were Bronco fans say they HATE Brandon Marshall.

You may not agree with the way he chose to take a stand, but you don't need to HATE him for it.

What is discouraging about that is that the people who say that are wanting to hate him .. By all accounts, Brandon Marshall is a good person who volunteers his time and emotion in the community - his statement during the National Anthem has nothing - NOTHING - to do with a lack of patriotism or disrespect ..

The real problem here is the fact that there are those who go around looking for others to hate

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is discouraging about that is that the people who say that are wanting to hate him .. By all accounts, Brandon Marshall is a good person who volunteers his time and emotion in the community - his statement during the National Anthem has nothing - NOTHING - to do with a lack of patriotism or disrespect ..

The real problem here is the fact that there are those who go around looking for others to hate

They need to face reality and the reason why Marshall was sitting too.

I wish they could walk around one week in the life of Brandon Marshall and see what he does as a person not just a football player. I've gotten to know a lot of athletes in my life, but Brandon Marshall and Tampa CB Alterraun Verner might be the classiest. If these people only knew what Marshall did off the field... I'm not saying I even agree with sitting for the anthem, (I like what he is doing now... Instead he is taking action...) but that is his thing... I'm not going to judge him as a person because he felt making a stand in the way he did was needed. Athletes have a lot of power in our society and voice, like it or not. The memo got around.

The people screaming that they hate him are most likely the reason as to why they feel the need to sit for the national anthem in the first place.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to face reality and the reason why Marshall was sitting too.

I wish they could walk around one week in the life of Brandon Marshall and see what he does as a person not just a football player. I've gotten to know a lot of athletes in my life, but Brandon Marshall and Tampa CB Alterraun Verner might be the classiest. If these people only knew what Marshall did off the field... I'm not saying I even agree with sitting for the anthem, (I like what he is doing now... Instead he is taking action...) but that is his thing... I'm not going to judge him as a person because he felt making a stand in the way he did was needed. Athletes have a lot of power in our society and voice, like it or not. The memo got around.

The people screaming that they hate him are most likely the reason as to why they feel the need to sit for the national anthem in the first place.

And I don't know if he has talked to you about it at all but I do know this past summer he had a really bad run in with the police. I think we have talked about it on here but I guess he was at a restaurant when some shots were fired. As people were being asked to evacuate by the police some lady told the police to watch out for him and next thing he knew he was slammed against a wall and handcuffed. They had nothing other than this woman saying she found him suspicious.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate it when I go away for a week or two and the Board is so active - I feel like I missed telling each of my friends here how they are bone headed idiots to think as they do. So each of you will just have to accept the fact that I would have been here setting you straight - were it not for attending to the grandkids.

The Broncos have collapsed during my absence - as well. A proud organization taking a face plant. Clearly - the missing ingredient is being able to show dominance on either side of the line of scrimmage when needed. Oh - and I should add - a strangely dysfunctional offense - coached by a offensive minded coach - with a good track record. It still blows my mind - that DT a top red zone threat in the NFL - wasn't targeted and did not make plays this year.

A good off season can fix these problems - we have grown to expect that from JE led teams. Go Broncos!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently taking his 9 year old nephew to the Texas bowl is more important.